PDA

View Full Version : shadows guide to forum survival

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2005, 06:59
:D hi guys . i have noticed a lot of tension in the air lately in the forums, especially the psp forums . so i thought i would take a few mins to explain some things, first off, i don't understand why people get all bent out of shape over something someone else said to them in a forum anyway, i mean , what are the odds that this person actually knows you, or for that matter even knows anything about you really, now i really doubt my little message will change the world , but if it helps even a few people, to stop and think before they reply to rudeness with even more rudeness, then i believe it will have done its job well,
number one, realize that the world is a harsh place, people are gonna say things from time to time, that will upset you, but what makes you quality people, is that you keep your cool and handel the situation as un offensively as possible ..
number two , before using fowl language remember, that not everybody that visits these forums are of age to be exposed to offensive language, . how would you feel if some child that was just learning how to read , just happened to see some of the things that have been written , i know probably not likely ,, but possible.
number three .. there is no excuse for racism .. period...
number four not all people are able to control there kewl , but realize, that by avoiding conflict . you help keep the forums clean , lend a hand in keeping the peace , not to mention, most people just don't want to see those kinds of things, ,, (example) there are a few members , i have had great respect for ,, and then one day i see a rather rude post , just because some newby or other reason, said something out of the way , to see these people that i respected so much , tear there character down like that , its sad, .
number five ,, taking something offensively by someone you've never met ,said over the internet, well that just doesn't sound intelligent, to me ,,
for many reasons , not the least of which is that you don't even know that person, and they don't know you,, umm with those things said, , umm i guess that's it, stay kewl all :cool:

Vimes220
June 11th, 2005, 07:09
very sensible, how di dyou end up talking to a rag tag bunch like us :D

quzar
June 11th, 2005, 07:35
it's not like there arent any mods to handle it =P. you shouldn't post non-psp related stuff in the psp forum , thats what off topic is for.

by the way: is english your first language? If it is you should really take some time to more carefully revise your spelling and punctuation before posting something that is supposed to be a guide that you want to be taken seriously.(sorry if that came out insulting, i only meant it as frank advice, since it really is hard to take someone seriously if they make all sorts of errors in what they say)

there are only really two main problems with the psp forum. The first is that people ask questions that have been asked many many times and do not bother to instead do research, as well as posting news that isnt really news at all. That contributes to the forum having 55 or so pages consisting of an average of only 2-5 posts per thread. The second is that it's users do not recognize that this is only a segment of a larger forum. They treat it like a general forum on a psp related site as opposed to a psp specific section of a full forum, which is a major problem.

shadowprophet
June 11th, 2005, 08:06
:eek: you have some very valid points quzar.

you know somtimes, i just get so cought up in the moment, thinking typing, trying to get a point across,

I really do need to check over some of my posts before i submit them.

*bows his head in shame*;)

leggy
June 11th, 2005, 10:27
A few good points made; none of us should take a forum too seriously.

quzar - I think it would be a good idea to have a sticky 'off-topic' thread at the top of the forum for people to discuss this sort of thing.