PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! Custom XMB crashing psp at startup!

DjDelMar
June 21st, 2007, 17:57
Hi,
I had the vista custom XMB and I wanted to change to a new one, I did everything right, recovery mode, flash0 etc and everything works fine except for after the gameboot at the beginning it crashes just before the icons come up.

I'd appreciate any help,
Thanks,

Dan.

Edit: Now my psp is kinda bricked unless I can sort out the Flash0 files or Reinstall my firmware.
Help please! Thanks.

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 18:08
What firmware are you on? Your topmenu is uncompatible. Just tell me the theme/icons and your firmware.

DjDelMar
June 21st, 2007, 18:16
I have 3.40 oe-a, now I've messed it up even more, when I turn it on the screen is just black, is there anyway I can reinstall my firmware from recovery mode?

Thanks again.

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 18:38
i had here a back up try this it may work....

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 18:43
Dude, flatland, I know your trying to help, but your not. At all. You're trying to give him a 3.03 topmenu, japanese at that, and he's on 3.40.

DjDelMar. Just run the recovery via the recovery menu.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967

DjDelMar
June 21st, 2007, 18:44
i had here a back up try this it may work....

okay, but I've tried like 5 different xmb's and it still does the same thing .

DjDelMar
June 21st, 2007, 18:45
Dude, flatland, I know your trying to help, but your not. At all. You're trying to give him a 3.03 topmenu, japanese at that, and he's on 3.40.

DjDelMar. Just run the recovery via the recovery menu.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49967

wow dude you just like, saved my psp's life :D

DjDelMar
June 21st, 2007, 19:05
Thanks everyone I now have a fresh 1.5 psp again! :)

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 19:06
dude parkermauney his psp brick, i do kind of things just to unbrick my psp i used all kind of topmenu opening_plugins in different version/ firmware just to figure it how i unbrick it and so i do i use my mind and skill dont just be fool if its in a firmware just make your best to unbrick its dead already so reso it....

hehhehehe do you know what firmware i used to back my psp again? from firmware 3.30 OE-A its so far from my 3.03 OE-C right. so do anything just a trial and error makes perfect......

robotdevil
June 22nd, 2007, 04:36
hey, I found this in another forum. it's not garanteed to work, but it did help me out. Run it on every topmenu_plugin before you transfer to your PSP and it may save you alot of headache. Keeps it from locking up at any rate, might make some of the icons in the pack broken though.

Worth a try if nothing else.

parkermauney
June 22nd, 2007, 06:36
Is the region set to japan?

hi123
June 24th, 2007, 14:35
help!!! i tried to customise my XMB to vista red orbs i have 3.40 OE-A bye the way and my psp just loads up then crashes before the icons come up....i wil try the recovery menu... but any help will be gladly take

hi123(Dinesy)

parkermauney
June 24th, 2007, 14:37
You obviously have a 3.03 topmenu.

Just get a 3.40 compatible one, or if someone with a windows machine around here is so kind, they might convert it for you.

pun1sh3r
June 25th, 2007, 12:37
Eh...I try using custom XMB stuff but it just doesn't seem right, I'm using the regular XMB...