PDA

View Full Version : Help please! well, advice even :)

StuartUK
June 22nd, 2007, 22:10
Evening all,

I got a psp from a chap earlier on, i dont know the score as such with the homebrew or how it works, so if i tell u what it says, can u help me out with loading the games please ?

If i go into System Software, it says: 3.10 OE-A'
When looking at the 2gb memory card in windows, it gives a structure like this:

ISO
MP_ROOT
......100NV01
......101ANV01
MUSIC
PICTURE
PSP
......COMMON
......GAME
..........Gran Turismo 2 (it works this game does!)
......GAME150
..........Snes and Dgen emulator engine
......SAVEDATA
......SYSTEM
VIDEO

Now i got several DVD's worth of stuff, and each game is in a ISO format, how do i get them, to work on the psp ? do i have to get the files out of the iso, and then get an eboot.prp thing going for each game ? i'm well confused sorry ! :confused:

Stuie

jonezybaby
June 22nd, 2007, 22:43
place the iso in the iso folder and the game should appear in the psp menu under game ;)

jak66
June 22nd, 2007, 23:39
word to the wise, and all new people

don't talk about isos on these forums, it'll get you a ban. yes you didnt know, but that cause you didnt read the rules. you bought psp isos on a dvds? thats piracy to the max, and obvious as commercial games would come on umds, not dvds

StuartUK
June 22nd, 2007, 23:40
it appears under the memory stick game option thing, shows the pic of the game, but when u try to load it, the memory card light just flashes for ages, nowt else happens ! i gues that could be a dodgy game, but as easy as that, just drop the iso image into the iso folder ? and the system does the rest ?
ta, i give it a try now :)

StuartUK
June 22nd, 2007, 23:41
i own the originals to the 2 iso images i got, i read the rules, hence choice of wording :)

gamerremag
June 22nd, 2007, 23:43
^ah, but did you buy the grand turismo and the roms that came with the Snes and Dgen emulators?

jak66
June 22nd, 2007, 23:51
i own the originals to the 2 iso images i got, i read the rules, hence choice of wording :)

regardless of wording, it is still classed as warez discusion (on these forums at least)

StuartUK
June 22nd, 2007, 23:57
thers no roms, and the GT2 doesnt seem to work anyway :(
anyway, freedom of speech !!!!! warez is old skool ! :)

StuartUK
June 23rd, 2007, 00:00
i aint doing nothing wrong anyway, just askin info !! :)
whats a .CSO file ?! :)

jak66
June 23rd, 2007, 00:02
compressed iso

gamerremag
June 23rd, 2007, 00:04
..........Gran Turismo 2 (it works this game does!)

Now i got several DVD's worth of stuff, and each game is in a ISO format, how do i get them, to work on the psp ? do i have to get the files out of the iso, and then get an eboot.prp thing going for each game ? i'm well confused sorry ! :confused:

Stuie

oh, well you should get GT2 to work, its a good game....wait YOU SAID IT WORKS!! and you said you own the TWO games that came in .iso format, but before that you said you have dvds of stuff!!!

get your story strait!:thumbup:

oh, .cso is a compressed .iso

StuartUK
June 23rd, 2007, 00:09
Grrr !!!!!!
Right
chap had a PSP, got homebrew thing, got 2 games, got the tool to make iso's out of them, he got bored trying to make it work, he makes iso and cso file out of the games, nowt works. he gets bored, he sells it to me, i aint got a clue what i am doing..
he gives me some discs with lots of iso stuff on, that doesnt mean its psp related, stop jumping the gun !!!!
yes the GT2 is dodgy, but still, it works in a sense i can see a picture for it, but no, the game itself dont work.......
thats my story, but my problem is how it all works, hence looking for info :)
so this compressed iso, would that need to be uncompressed before trying to read it ? :D

parkermauney
June 23rd, 2007, 00:21
Considerin GT2 is in the game folder, It's probably a psx iso.

laughtub
June 23rd, 2007, 02:44
make sure you have no umd on and have it in a folder called ISO in your root

NOW NO ISO TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 02:51
well arrest us all mr. officer cause we all have iso's and bios and mp3's and yes i'm kapitan jack sparrow savvy and if you gave me the chance i'd steal your internets from my computer that alright has internets that i stole from one of your fiends i mean friends

also there's a tut for doing this stuff on the site you should most def read it instead of reading rules lol