PDA

View Full Version : PSP-PDA: A set of PDA applications for PSP v1.3.1

zx-81
June 23rd, 2007, 18:30
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/psppda-snap-1.3.jpg

Hi all,

Here is a new release of PSP-PDA, the PDA applications for PSP.

For those who haven't seen previous versions of this great peace of homebrew,
PSP-PDA is a set of PDA programs including notepad, music player, image viewer,
address book, calendar, calculator, and clock.

It has been written by Rob_psp. It is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided.

My contribution to this projet is MINOR, all credits should remain to Rob_psp !

What's new then in v1.3.1 ?

- Improve IR-keyboard handler !
- Bug fix in theme chooser
(but you need now to restart psp-pda to view the new theme)
- Many bug fix in calendar
- New theme designed by Vashts121

The IR keyboard part has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FTargus-PA870U-Universal-Wireless-Keyboard%2Fdp%2FB00009EBYA&tag=nokiangagenew-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325)

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

This should be my last contribution to this homebrew,

Enjoy,

Zx.

Shrygue
June 23rd, 2007, 18:36
This look quite good, I'll download and try this out....

IM back!
June 23rd, 2007, 19:10
do we need the ir keybord to use this?

zx-81
June 23rd, 2007, 19:20
do we need the ir keybord to use this?

no , but it's better :)

Saracchini
June 23rd, 2007, 19:22
It´s a usefull application. I´ll check if some bugs of 1.30 version occurs like:
1)In "Music" when no tracks are present here and pressing Circle crashes PSP.
2)Change theme sometimes crashed too.
3)Other thing wich i´ll remember latter.

Anyway i consider this app awesome.

NoQuarter
June 24th, 2007, 05:58
I remember that trying to launch an eboot from it didn't ever work.This is a great improvement,I'm planning on ordering a keyboard within the next couple o' day's,thanx zx!

kuno65
July 1st, 2007, 09:47
For notepad... Is it possible to have an automatic 'new line' for the next version?
This feature would have to be integrated.. I think!

Can you promise me that it it will be :thumbup:?

zx-81
July 1st, 2007, 09:58
For notepad... Is it possible to have an automatic 'new line' for the next version?
This feature would have to be integrated.. I think!

Can you promise me that it it will be :thumbup:?

you're right the notepad application should be improved in many ways. the solution could be to rewritte a new editor from zero, and to improve this one ... i don't know what i will do for the moment.

dreetje9
July 3rd, 2007, 11:29
PSP-PDA would be a very good program for me, especially the abillity to write notes.

But it doesnt work in combination with my Targus Wireless PDA keyboard, really strange.

I can navigate in the menu, but when I enter Notepad and start typing ór nothing happens, ór I get different multiple letters and numbers (like strike one key and get 2 spaces and the numbers 543). The other programme's in PSP PDA also doesnt work, the only thing I can do is navigate

I do have pikey on my PSP installed, so I tried several ways to get PSP-PDA to work (Kernel from 1.5 to 3.03, PiKey off at startup, put PiKey VSH and GAME off in the XMB, put Danzeff-mode in Pikey on and off and it still doesnt work.)

Has anybody a clue, or had the same problems :confused:

It's really weird, because PSPoste and the latest version of Afkim are working fine here.

My PSP is 3.03OE-C, kernel 1.5, just for the info

zx-81
July 3rd, 2007, 11:46
It's really weird, because PSPoste and the latest version of Afkim are working fine here.

It's really strange, afkim and psposte use the same code as psppda, so i don't understand how it can happen. Anyway you have to disable pikey to use psppda with IR-keyboard, but it doesn't explain your random characters :( ...

You may try to close your targus keyboard, and open it again to reset it, i'm used to do this when the battery is a bit low, and when the keyboard doesn't seem to answer.

dreetje9
July 3rd, 2007, 12:34
It's really strange, afkim and psposte use the same code as psppda, so i don't understand how it can happen. Anyway you have to disable pikey to use psppda with IR-keyboard, but it doesn't explain your random characters :( ...

You may try to close your targus keyboard, and open it again to reset it, i'm used to do this when the battery is a bit low, and when the keyboard doesn't seem to answer.

Tried to close the keyboard, was no good :(

I also checked the way the keyboard-files were in PSPoste and Afkim, and they are the same as in PSP PDA, so thats the weirdest thing.

dreetje9
July 3rd, 2007, 12:40
I noticed that in the PSP PDA v 1.3-topic, that someone deleted pikey from his flash0, but will that solve the problem?

Because then I cant use the keyboard anymore with the Internet, right?

Or this problem already solved in this version?

zx-81
July 3rd, 2007, 12:50
I noticed that in the PSP PDA v 1.3-topic, that someone deleted pikey from his flash0, but will that solve the problem?

as far as i understood, pikey in flash0 is only useful for pure 1.5 homebrew. Personaly i use pikey for the web browser and xmb menu, but i didn't install it in the flash0 since it's not useful for me.

dreetje9
July 3rd, 2007, 12:58
as far as i understood, pikey in flash0 is only useful for pure 1.5 homebrew. Personaly i use pikey for the web browser and xmb menu, but i didn't install it in the flash0 since it's not useful for me.

Alright, noobquestion, how do I delete PiKey from my flash0 :confused:

Just run the installer another time, and then press O for not wanting it to be installed into flash0 :confused:

Or do I need to re-install FW 3.03OE-C?

zx-81
July 3rd, 2007, 13:29
it seems to be a bit tricky :

here (http://forums.noobz.eu/general-support/is-it-necessary-to-uninstall-previous-version-of-pikey/0/)

dreetje9
July 3rd, 2007, 13:33
it seems to be a bit tricky :

here (http://forums.noobz.eu/general-support/is-it-necessary-to-uninstall-previous-version-of-pikey/0/)

Yes indeed.

I think I'll wait for another typing-program to use with the keyboard, looks a bit saver to me.

Thanks for your help!

pbpB88
July 4th, 2007, 06:48
How exactly do I modify the pspirkeyb.ini file so that I can use my micro innovations foldaway keyboard? I tried replacing the numeric value but after I do, PSP-PDA will just give me a white screen then exits to the xmb. If I don't modify the file, PSP-PDA works fine... except i cant use my ir keyboard. help please.

rumplestiltskin
July 13th, 2007, 05:47
hi, i'm new here and basically joined just for help with this pda program. i can't get the keyboard support to work at all and i feel like i'm making some grand obvious mistake that's preventing me from living out my dream of typing on my psp. i can get the pda to work fine, but i get no response with the keyboard, can't even navigate the menu.
i have a targus, which i got for just this purpose. any ideas?

zx-81
July 13th, 2007, 08:00
Does it work with Pikey ? Are you sure you put the IR sensor of the keyboard in front of the PSP IR device ?

You can test your keyboard with the simple homebrew available on my blog : here (http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/index.php?/archives/201-IR-Keyboard-test-program.html)

rumplestiltskin
July 13th, 2007, 20:43
thanks for the quick reply, zx. i have to tell you, this is the homebrew i've been dreaming about and i want to get it working, as such i have not installed piKey due to your explanation that it doesn't work with pda. i just got my targus yesterday, i can't get the test program or psp-pDa to work with it. might the cause be my 2.5 firmware (i never upgraded past that point, as sony scares the hell out of me)? i'm also runnning the noobz .9.9.5. loader. all my homebrew works perfectly, excepting this keyboard issue. should i try piKey and is there a better way to verify that it's not just my keyboard that's shot (delivered by fedex, Destroyer of Packages)? i'm a little oblivious when it comes to these kinds of things (though not so much as to overlook lining up the two IR sensors), but i'm infatuated with the idea of being able to work on my writing at inappropriate times with the help of my little psp and will do whatever it takes.

zx-81
July 13th, 2007, 21:44
thanks for the quick reply, zx. i have to tell you, this is the homebrew i've been dreaming about and i want to get it working, as such i have not installed piKey due to your explanation that it doesn't work with pda.

I have to say that the notepad editor of PSP-pda is not the best editor i've seen ... I found enough spare time i will develop another one.

i just got my targus yesterday, i can't get the test program or psp-pDa to work with it. might the cause be my 2.5 firmware (i never upgraded past that point, as sony scares the hell out of me)?

I've never tested this homebrew with 2.x firmware, but only 3.03 and 3.40-OE. I suggest you to downgrade to 1.5 and then upgrade to custom firmware from Dark Alex. There is no reason to stay with 2.5 ;).

i'm also runnning the noobz .9.9.5. loader. all my homebrew works perfectly, excepting this keyboard issue. should i try piKey and is there a better way to verify that it's not just my keyboard that's shot (delivered by fedex, Destroyer of Packages)? i'm a little oblivious when it comes to these kinds of things (though not so much as to overlook lining up the two IR sensors), but i'm infatuated with the idea of being able to work on my writing at inappropriate times with the help of my little psp and will do whatever it takes.

I guess you will be a bit disappointed since this app can't be compared to a real PDA. The schedule stuff is not working so well, the two modes (edit and move) make it hard to write / correct a simple text.

angra
September 5th, 2007, 01:09
i have 3.30
pda 1.3.1
palm wireless key

already config'd the keyb.ini to 20 and default.ini map.

but on notepad only thing that works is the directional keys...

how do i type A to Z ?

thxz :)

zx-81
September 5th, 2007, 19:59
i have 3.30
pda 1.3.1
palm wireless key

already config'd the keyb.ini to 20 and default.ini map.

but on notepad only thing that works is the directional keys...

how do i type A to Z ?

thxz :)

psppda is a bit strange, you have to toggle between edit and cursor (move) mode. Have a look to the readme or help file ;).

mootoo
September 19th, 2007, 17:26
Hi
i have 3.52-4
pda 1.3.1
BELKIN IR keyboard keyboard= 8 ;
but can't write :(

PSPdemon
September 19th, 2007, 17:51
I have the Belkin IR keyboard too....and i have already discussed it with him....

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72583

sadly, i dont think it is possible yet to get them working ( seems as though the belkin IR keyboard is tricky to make a ctrlmap and kepmap setup.... )

i just wish i could have the Belkin IR working.... its a nice keyboard but i just dont see it happing ( yet! ).. so i just bought the targus one now...

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

cal360
September 19th, 2007, 19:28
I didn't know this had been released, i'm behind with the times, but i'm putting this on my PSP right now!

Dispenser
March 13th, 2008, 10:03
So this will ONLY work properly with the targus? With the targus keyboard are you actually able to type A-Z on the keyboard and have PSP-PDA recognize it correctly?

So you are telling me there is no current way to get a palmOne IR keyboard working with this PSP-PDA software, no matter what the configuration?

been trying to get this working for a couple days now to no avail and would like a yes or no answer as to if my attempts are futile or not. I am running Dark Alex's 3.40OE with piKey installed. Have tried holding select to disable pikey but they keyboard still wont work.

I am able to navigate the menus and options of PSP-PDA but I am not able to hit enter to get into any of them.

When you disable pikey does it also disable the buttons on the actual PSP?

Thank you for your time.

Dispenser
March 13th, 2008, 16:58
nevermind ZX-81 already answered my questions here...

http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=2003498&postcount=36

k2roxen
January 23rd, 2009, 21:53
thx but when i it dont run on psp slim m33-2 ! is it not compatible with this version or its just for fat type?

zx-81
February 1st, 2009, 18:47
it should work using latest version (1.3.2)

OZBRN5
April 3rd, 2009, 20:51
Has anyone successfully remapped the right space key? I was able to in pikey but pspda must use a different name for that key so it doesn't work...please copy and post a successful remap if anyone has accomplished this.

OZBRN5
April 3rd, 2009, 20:53
p.s i am speaking of the targus keyboard with psp-pda.

OZBRN5
April 8th, 2009, 00:10
zx-81 gave me this and it works:

You should add :

[KEY_SYSRQ]
normal = KEY_SPACE
num = KEY_SPACE

in targus-include.ini file and it should work.

OZBRN5
April 12th, 2009, 17:01
here is a crazy bug that might yield something...
i open my psp with pikey active...then i switch to a memorycard without pikey but with psp-pda - after that both pikey and psp-pda works (even thouth there are no pikey files on the new card...and psp-pda works perfectly then when you exit pikey stops working...something must conflict in one of the files on the pikey installation files.

zx-81
April 12th, 2009, 22:08
psp-pda doesn't work with pikey. You have to disable pikey when you launch psppda (using select key afair ... have a look to pikey doc)