PDA

View Full Version : The Ascension Of Vigil News

wraggster
June 12th, 2005, 01:02
Tyne has posted some news concerning his Quake Mod for the Dreamcast over at DCEmulation Forums ( http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=732948 )

New version soonish, lotsa improvements in almost every area and I've rewritten quite a bit of code; anything that was broken in the last version is now fixed and TAoV is practically gold, I say practically because I may still want to add/change things and that may cause more bugs.

I've also done a lot of gameplay changes, spin attack now requires mana for example, the diving swallow attack is more effective and features a cool sound effect / new graphic effect, I also stripped a few frames out of some of Vigil's animations that you will NOT notice but helps low framerate computers/Dreamcast play correctly, I've also added a "level up" and "armor up" sign appear over Vigil with some fancy 2D rotation effects...

There's a lot of other changes and improvements that I'm not going to mention here so you'll have to wait for the release since I don't wanna spoil anything.