PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast unusual problem

K_I_R_E_E_K
June 24th, 2007, 16:14
before i say the problem, this has nothing to do with a reset problem

it's like this, i turn on the dreamcast, and with agame or not theres a chance that the dreamcast stops spining the game disk and my tv goes blue (like a no signal blue), basicly my vmu works, the fan works.......but the dreamcast stops receiving information from the game and stops sending information to my tv.

this has nothing to do witha rests problem, in that case evenything fails.

i simply look to my dreamcast and give a very small touch and the dreamcast starts reading again, bt stops after a few seconds, also it is more common when it read.

last time i played for hours with no problems at all, but i slaped the dreamcast harder so the bad connection somewhere would be fixed, but it returned and i don't know how to solve it.

just another hint, when it stops reading i can open and close the lid that he will not read the cd.

i open,close,open close and it will not read the cd (the tv stays with no signal)

what's the problem?

DCDayDreamer
June 24th, 2007, 18:31
It sounds like the lid switch is causing your problem, if you opened the lid and shut it again the CD should spin and then start reading.

There's a quick way to check the lid switch - disconnect your DC from the power supply, undo the screws underneath the Dreamcast and remove the top cover (lid included). Find the lid switch and use a bit of sticky tape or something to hold it fully back, leave the top cover off your DC, pop a CD into your DC, plug your power supply back into the DC (don't touch anything apart from the power button switch on your DC because your unit is now live).
If the problem is still there, carefully hold the lid switch and give it a wriggle, if the signal comes and goes - it's a dodgy connection in the switch.

K_I_R_E_E_K
June 24th, 2007, 21:58
If the problem is still there, carefully hold the lid switch and give it a wriggle, if the signal comes and goes - it's a dodgy connection in the switch.

never tested that part....mybe next time the consolle fells a sleep, i will try that.

K_I_R_E_E_K
July 6th, 2007, 21:24
nope, the problem is still there......:(

K_I_R_E_E_K
July 15th, 2007, 13:07
please help, i hate playing phantasy star online and after completing some zones, i lose my current game and have to start all over again

IUnNamedI
July 15th, 2007, 15:58
i think he is right with the lid switch... mine was acting a lil funny... Pretty much the same yours was doing... then my friends set the tv remote down on top of it to get it out the way and it stoped... heh i figured it was the switch so i opened it up and fiddled with the switch till became unstuck now it runs like a champ... Like oj in a white bronco...