PDA

View Full Version : What is exploit!!

Hyper-Beaner
June 24th, 2007, 17:38
Ok I searched and could not find but I heard somewhree that with Luminies I can downgrade from 3.30fw to 1.5? Is this true? And how?

xg917
June 24th, 2007, 17:58
look it up in the dictionary.
and just wait for a week or 2, and a downgrader should come out for 3.50
get a copy of lumines fast b4 they r sold out

Man
June 24th, 2007, 18:10
And let the noob threads roll in, i cant wait. I can also see a new PSP firmware coming out. 3.60 anybody?

Chameleon
June 24th, 2007, 18:16
why didnt noobz just wait until 4.00 or whatever comes out to announce the exploit, now sony's going to patch it.

we could have had 4.0 easily cracked it if they had just waited :(

Gold Line
June 24th, 2007, 19:25
why didnt noobz just wait until 4.00 or whatever comes out to announce the exploit, now sony's going to patch it.

we could have had 4.0 easily cracked it if they had just waited :(

thats a good point, they should have waited for a big firmware update or wait for 3.60 to come on.
knowing sony 3.60 will block this exploit

splodger15
June 24th, 2007, 20:13
Although the problem with that is we have no exact date on when 4.00 would have been released best to get it out in the open aswell

iniquitous_beast
June 24th, 2007, 20:22
I'm sure that this is not the last of Noobz's ideas for an exploit. Remember that it has been about 6 months since the last downgrader came out. There are plenty of eager new psp owners who have been waiting for a fresh downgrader. This should please them.

robotdevil
June 24th, 2007, 23:16
There's also no guarantee that Sony wouldn't have found and patched this on their own anyway. If they are willing to spend 3 billion dollars on a robot they have no immediate plans of selling retail then surley they have people looking for exploits in the PSP code. Obviously not looking very hard, but still looking and given enough time (say 2-3 years) they may find what the homebrew community already knows. Ah, but lets just enjoy this for what it is, an invitation to more people to come join the PSP modding community!

And in advance I would like to say:
Welcome to all the newbs!

Hyper-Beaner
June 25th, 2007, 03:03
Bottomline?

Chameleon
June 25th, 2007, 03:10
noobs rolling in is not a good thing... ive been with my psp since it first came out, now people just getting a psp can downgrade and get right were im at( i dont think they deserve it)

And thats not to mention all the downgrading questions, can i just use an iso, how do I enable hen, is it safe, is it worth it, etc...

xg917
June 25th, 2007, 03:27
noobs and readme's just dont go together...

(noobs in general)

Hyper-Beaner
June 25th, 2007, 04:11
Ok. I'll just wait a week...

mastersho
June 25th, 2007, 04:19
man this is great...but not for me cuz i gots a psp 1.5 firmware. its cool though cuz i have a copy of the game so my buddy can run homebrew.

xg917
June 25th, 2007, 04:19
yea wait a week or 2 and a downgrader should be out.

also get LUMINES!!!

Hyper-Beaner
June 25th, 2007, 23:02
I wonder how much a used Luminies costs in Game Stop? And if I ever manage to enable homebrew. I would try to make some type of RPG Maker for it.

Safari Al
June 25th, 2007, 23:33
I think that it wouldn't have been better for noobz to release the exploit info but should've released it at 4.00 but that's just my opinion.

parkermauney
June 25th, 2007, 23:50
Well sony would've slowed down with the updates with no exploits being around.

splodger15
June 26th, 2007, 07:22
In computer security, an exploit is a piece of software, a chunk of data, or sequence of commands that take advantage of a bug, glitch or vulnerability in order to cause unintended or unanticipated behavior to occur on computer software, hardware, or something electronic (usually computerized). This frequently includes such things as gaining control of a computer system or allowing privilege escalation or a denial of service attack.

This is the one PSP scene is based on:

In computer security and programming, a buffer overflow, or buffer overrun, is a programming error which may result in a memory access exception and program termination, or in the event of the user being malicious, a possible breach of system security.

A buffer overflow is an anomalous condition where a process attempts to store data beyond the boundaries of a fixed-length buffer. The result is that the extra data overwrites adjacent memory locations. The overwritten data may include other buffers, variables and program flow data and may cause a process to crash or produce incorrect results. They can be triggered by inputs specifically designed to execute malicious code or to make the program operate in an unintended way. As such, buffer overflows cause many software vulnerabilities and form the basis of many exploits. Sufficient bounds checking by either the programmer or the compiler can prevent buffer overflows.

Hyper-Beaner
June 29th, 2007, 04:20
Thanks Grand Theft Auto man for explaining that! Hopefully is works when 3.5 Downgrader is realeased. BTW I saw Used Luminies in GameStop for $18. Is taht the best price?

Wight
June 29th, 2007, 09:18
noobs rolling in is not a good thing... ive been with my psp since it first came out, now people just getting a psp can downgrade and get right were im at( i dont think they deserve it)

HAHAHAHAHA.

Man that sure is some hatred you got for newbies there.

Well I can tell you I downgraded today and already I run Gen Emu, Msn, Email, Media player, Doom, N64 and gbSP... Hooray for noobs!

bah
June 29th, 2007, 10:00
Everyone was a newb once, no need to be so harsh chameleon. Point them in the right direction and they'll be helping others soon enough.

So long as they can search for existing answers before asking a question again and read readme files then all is well.

Yrkoon
July 6th, 2007, 18:45
i just downgraded then went up to 3.40oe-a using the readme's :P