PDA

View Full Version : Virtua Fighter 5 360 - no more jaggies!

Shrygue
June 25th, 2007, 20:25
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166569)

The first confirmed info on what's actually different in the Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5 has emerged.

Apparently the 360 version of the excellent fighter sports a higher level of anti-aliasing, which for non-tech heads means the jaggies in the PS3 game will be cleaned up and it'll hopefully look even more gorgeous than it already does.

There's also revised AI patterns planned for the Xbox 360 version, taking in to account new tactics and strategies players have conjured in the PS3 and Arcade cousins. Dojo mode meanwhile, is also set to sport new options.

What isn't quite clear at the moment is whether or not the 360 version will adopt the new 'Version C' rules that have just been rolled out in Japanese arcades, to tweak character balance. The PS3 version runs on the old Version B ruleset, and part of the reason for the 360 game's delay was thought to have something to do with the new C edition. We'll see.

JKKDARK
June 26th, 2007, 01:50
Oh yeah, I cannot wait for the Xbox 360 version. Also I'm glad to see that it will be the C version update, which was not released on the PlayStation 3 version :)

Basil Zero
June 26th, 2007, 21:56
I'm gonna get the PS3 version, wouldnt make sense to buy a 360 just for that game.

Also, hopefully they'll do something like a download update for the ps3 :)