PDA

View Full Version : Big Game Emulators

Lord_Rob
June 12th, 2005, 15:11
I have a lot of emulators...Mame, Jnes, Snes and more. What I am wondering is...that for like Mame games there isnt just one file....like for snes roms theres just one file for the game. For mame roms and neo-geo roms there are many files for one game...How would the psp put all of them together, it could probably do it automatically right...how would it handle it....?

aseddon130
June 12th, 2005, 17:08
Mame games are normally in zip or rar files arent they? i dont know tbh i aint into mame much

shizzle
June 12th, 2005, 17:13
its like a cd, the emulators are programmed to read that cd as rom.zip, like in mame and things like that. Thats what ive gathered anyway.

Drift
June 12th, 2005, 20:17
That's not the PSPs job, it's the programmers. Doesn't matter whether you have them in a single file or a whole load of files as long as the emulator has everything it needs.

quzar
June 13th, 2005, 09:36
I have a lot of emulators...Mame, Jnes, Snes and more. What I am wondering is...that for like Mame games there isnt just one file....like for snes roms theres just one file for the game. For mame roms and neo-geo roms there are many files for one game...How would the psp put all of them together, it could probably do it automatically right...how would it handle it....?

this is not a psp related question at all. if you even spent a moment on researching you could find out that it is because arcade machines (which mame emulates, and the neogeo is) have their games composed of many data chips, as opposed to normal console cartridges which are a single chip, or multiple chips that act like a single chip. The file is representative only of a set of data inside the cartridge (or in the case of most arcade machines, on the board).

any properly made emulator would have absolutely no problem dealing with that.

SoQb0nc5r
June 13th, 2005, 13:04
I WANT MAME ON PSP. cant wait to play does classic arcade games ^^ streets of rage :D metal slug, king of fighters, only 1 thing: what is that the hacker so long? bah! ^^