PDA

View Full Version : Gpsp 0.5 and Pokemon

Grudos
June 27th, 2007, 12:27
Hey,

I'm having a bit of problems, I have a PSP, Using the 'Porter' Eloader. I am using gpSP and i'm trying to get pokemon working, I have tried, Pokemon FireRed, Leafgreen, Ruby. I have the gba_bios, I have multiple other games working, It's just pokemon I can't get working.

If you could, could some one tell me what i'm doing wrong.

I'm aware the files need to be 16mb's or smaller, all 3 are apparently 16mb's, and other people are saying they have it working, I was curious if i'm using the wrong version. If some one has it working on there PSP could they give me the 'Rom Number' of there pokemon game they're using.

Please get back to me,
Grudos

eatnooM
June 27th, 2007, 16:43
gpSP 0.9 was released ages ago, perhaps that could have fixed the incompatibility. Also, it may not be helping that you're using an eLoader, they're never quite the same as running homebrew without one. I don't mean to be one of those people who insists that Custom Firmware is the only way to go, however I can guarantee you that, once you're on one, there are only advantages, not only in terms of homebrew compatibility. :)

Axelius
June 27th, 2007, 17:19
When i used the eloader, some games that were 16mb in size didn't work. But then I upraded to custom firmware and everything is fine!

parkermauney
June 27th, 2007, 23:08
Why the hell are you even on eloader? It sucks gigad*** compared to OE.

Grudos
June 28th, 2007, 06:22
Well for one thing I broke 1 psp a while back, it was Bricked, so I'd rather not screw up this one, but gpsp 0.9 does work on 'porters' but i still can't get pokemon to work, I have about 10 different games now, all ranging in where I downloaded them.

Wally
June 28th, 2007, 07:49
Downgraders are much safer these days, TA-082 is automatically patched with GTA installer or you patch it yourself with the 2.80 downgrader.

If you have any questions come visit #psp-hacks IRC (www.psp-hacks.com click live chat)

OR

irc.malloc.us #psp-hacks

Thanks

jedikevin20
June 28th, 2007, 09:05
You should def downgrade. I was like that too back in the day. Scared to downgrade so had eloader but eloaders seem to work about 75% to what you get in a custom firmware. What firmware do you even have.

Grudos
June 29th, 2007, 06:55
2.60, i have GTA LC.

And i guess i'll try down grading a try, kinda not a fan of it but about 10 people i know are saying i should so i guess i'll give it a whirl.

Axelius
June 29th, 2007, 13:46
the 2.60 downgrader is very old...I would use a newer one, like the 2.71 downgrader or the 2.80 downgrader.