PDA

View Full Version : Ps2 Needs Help In The Emulator Department

junior8210
June 27th, 2007, 15:56
Everybody Love Their Beloved Ps2's But Something Is Missing. I Don't Know Like New Or Updated Emulators For It. Everybody See The PSP Get's All The Good Emulators On The Daily Bases. Did We Forget About The Ps2. The Ps2 Is About Less Or More Powerful Then The PSP Is It The Processor Speed Or The Video Ram And System Ram Or What! Don't Get Me Wrong But I Like The PSP But The Ps2 Just Lacking In The Emulation Department I Seen What's Out There For It But Come On It's Got To Be More. Is it Possible To Port Over The Same Emulators For The PSP To The Ps2.

-Xandu-
June 27th, 2007, 16:16
And your point is..?

junior8210
June 28th, 2007, 16:59
My point is the ps2 need better emulators. Like A CPS 1,2 and 3 emulator,NEO-GEO AVS and MVS emulator,Updated MAME,SNES with the sound issue fix A NES Emulator that works! GBA Emulator And Last And NOT LEAST KILLER INSTINCT 1,2 and Crusin USA and Crusin World Arcade Emulator. If this could be possible there will be a lot of happy gamers on the ps2 side.

-Xandu-
June 28th, 2007, 17:11
Why don't you code it other than requesting...?

Cloudhunter
June 28th, 2007, 17:41
Well, looking at the way he is typing I think the likelihood of him coding anything is slim.

Cloudy

Sonicboy 101
June 28th, 2007, 17:47
Why don't you code it other than requesting...?

Probably because he can't code.

-Xandu-
June 28th, 2007, 18:10
Maybe he should learn to code himself, or buy a PSP.

JKKDARK
June 29th, 2007, 01:22
or buy a PSP.

Well if he wants the best home console for legal homebrew, he should buy a Dreamcast!! ^_^

Tesseract
June 29th, 2007, 02:32
Y'all are missing the point. There's a lot of untapped potential in the PS2, especially due to the Independence exploit. There's tens of millions of 'em worldwide, and they have a fair amount more power than the Dreamcast (which oddly enough couldn't even emulate Genesis properly last I tried).

The Dreamcast also doesn't have HDD capability, and the Broadband Adapter's hard as hell to find. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Dreamcast (May she rest in peace...) but the PS2 could do a lot better with homebrew that it currently does.

JKKDARK
June 29th, 2007, 02:54
Y'all are missing the point. There's a lot of untapped potential in the PS2, especially due to the Independence exploit. There's tens of millions of 'em worldwide, and they have a fair amount more power than the Dreamcast (which oddly enough couldn't even emulate Genesis properly last I tried).

The Dreamcast also doesn't have HDD capability, and the Broadband Adapter's hard as hell to find. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Dreamcast (May she rest in peace...) but the PS2 could do a lot better with homebrew that it currently does.

Maybe, but Dreamcast is more popular in the homebrew world, and PlayStation 2 sucks.
Sega Genesis emulation on Dreamcast is excellent, maybe you tried a very old emulator version.
DCRPG will be the first homebrew online game for home consoles, and will be available only on Dreamcast.
Also Dreamcast has a Saturn emulator (Yabause-DC), which runs commercial games with slow speed at the moment (there were only two releases). We also got Game Boy Advance emulation and a Nintendo 64 emulator (sadly this Nintendo 64 emulator was discontinued long time ago, and it only runs some homebrew demos). PlayStation 2 can't do it =P
Homebrew commercial games for Dreamcast sold very well, and it's excellent for a "dead" console.
PlayStation 2 is obviously the winner on official stuff, but Dreamcast kick PS2 ass in the homebrew stuff.

Zin0099
June 29th, 2007, 04:24
hay but i love my ps2 and homebrew on it if i knew how i would code or make small games for it but isn't the psp a tad bit slower than the ps2 meaning why in the hell can't homebrew and emulators be maked for this awesome system like the psp

the ps2 i know is not as powerful as the dreamcast but it's faster than psp

JKKDARK
June 29th, 2007, 04:33
Yeah personally it is strange to see that the PlayStation 2 homebrew scene is not active, because it's the console with the biggest number of users. Even Gamecube (with the Wii) is more active lately.