PDA

View Full Version : ( 1.5 -- there i said it!!! )

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2005, 03:48
hey all . when Emulation finely hits us 1.5 people ,, i was just wondering, what games is everyone looking forward to playing ?

as for me im looking tword chrono trigger , and final fantasy 4-6 <- personal fav's also Dbz hyper dimention isnt bad, and the hand full of dbz rpg's are pretty adictive too, cant wait, any comments ?

xuphorz
June 13th, 2005, 03:50
Legend of Zelda, GB/GBC and SNES
SSB - N64
Troddlers - SNES (for some reason, this runs REALLY slow on my psp)
alot more, those most

BlingShyne2 TAA
June 13th, 2005, 05:44
Metal Warriors, R-Type, Megaman X 1-3, Super Mario bros, Legned of Zelda, there are a ton more - SNES

Mario bros 1-3 - NES

Super Mario: Six Golden Coins, Tetris, Wario Land 1-4 - GB/GBC

Not sure what all is on GBA, but I'd like to look into it, I know I want warioware.

You know what would be hilarious? If they made a DS emulator, there would be no need for a DS. :D

You know, when this happens, I'll feel kind of bad that I'll be playing it all for free. :(

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2005, 09:00
You know, when this happens, I'll feel kind of bad that I'll be playing it all for free. :( you have a point to an extent, i would feel bad too except for these factors..

factor no#1 all of the roms i will be playing are games that either i do own or have owned in the past, (meaning most all of them) these people have made there money off me, ive been a gameing fan for a long time my friend,

factor no#2 try having all these games in orig form, i dont know about most of you, but i just simply dont have the space in my home for a zillion trillion games,,

factor no#3 most games being emulated are old and out dated. yes even tho its not perfectly legit to have ( pirated roms - meaning stolen roms - meaning games you never purchased ) its still not a terible loss to any game developmet company to play a rom,. reason no# 1 no production cost was lost to them its not like you broke in and stole orig games from them personaly,
reason no# 2 emulation even tho it is what it is , and nothing can change this,, no one can deny that in some forms it has helped keep alive long dead and unthought of series , in gamers hearts, thusly really helping the gameing comunity and and developer alike :cool:

leggy
June 13th, 2005, 12:28
Shodow - the argument that copied rom's don't hurt the gaming industry is a load of bollox!

tidusuk123
June 13th, 2005, 12:37
You know what would be hilarious? If they made a DS emulator, there would be no need for a DS. :D

How will they do that? Most games are based on the touchscreen? I don't think it will be the same experience if they made a one screen ds emulator.

Do u think that a Sega Saturn emulator is unrealistic? or a dreamcast one?

SoQb0nc5r
June 13th, 2005, 13:00
also mame?

rmedtx
June 13th, 2005, 13:47
BOR mods

joemamafoo
June 13th, 2005, 17:31
well as far as snes roms go right now, the only people they're really hurting are eb games and gamestop or whoever else deals in older stuff so I have no prob having those. If they were still producing them it might be another issue but chances are every one of those games has already been sold, destroyed, or relocated so we can't buy them new anyhow. And like shadow said most of the games I'm gettin I've already owned and now I'm gettin portable versions of them. Speakin of which did any of you guys ever own a sega nomad, aside from the attrocious battery life those things were awesome. I wish I bought one back in the day. Oh yeah the games.

Super punch out, Zelda: link to the past, killer instinct, earthbound, theres more but I'm too tired to think of em.

shizzle
June 13th, 2005, 18:03
who seriously cares???

This in no way effects the gaming industry. Take sonic on the megadrive for example, are sega still selling this??

I suppose if some puritain, like some people here might go out and buy a preowned copy; yes i've heard of people buying the original from ebay so they can play roms on the psp. But if you buy this game, where does the money go, not a penny goes to sega because they didn't sell you the game, the copy effected sega when it was first bought. But now it only benefits the guy you bought if off of and all thats happened is that the game has changed hands. That wouldn't even get itself on a chart in a sega board meeting, not even if you purchased every discontinued sega game in the world. Maybe that would out of interest, but you see what im getting at.

But on the otherhand im somewhat of a warez whore and have no consience about it what so ever...

but i suppose if it makes you feel you are doing the right thing then by all means do so.

quzar
June 13th, 2005, 18:08
Do u think that a Sega Saturn emulator is unrealistic? or a dreamcast one?

yes, they are both completely unrealistic for the psp. There is a chance that a saturn emulator may surface in time, but do not expect it to ever be playable, the only hope for yabause-dc is that the two processors are partially backwards compatible, so a dynamic recompiler would be very very fast. The psp doesnt have that advantage. Dreamcast however, would be simply impossible. It would be like emulating a psp on a 400mhz computer. It just doesnt work because of the closeness of the clockspeeds.

shizzle
June 13th, 2005, 18:13
o yea and a notice to shadow: I think several people have already mentioned it to you but if you can't use grammar correcly in your posts then don't try. It's like giving us a picture that's slightly unclear when you put no punctuation in. What you are doing now is turning that unclear picture into cubism and then turning that into cubism. ( cubism is a picture that has been jumbled up to show different angles;try picasso). Sentences end in a full stop ( . ) not two commas ( ,,). Generally the only thing you use is a question mark, which would be fine except you put 800 commas in said sentence.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything or trying to offend you; just generaly you have some decent ideas but you make you self look like a downie in your expression of them.

Ps don't be a smart ass and point out any minor mistakes in the post :p

xuphorz
June 13th, 2005, 18:40
anyone know where to find the specs of all these systems, like SNES, NES, N64, etc?

leggy
June 13th, 2005, 18:43
anyone know where to find the specs of all these systems, like SNES, NES, N64, etc?

Google???

xuphorz
June 13th, 2005, 18:47
Google???

yeah, i figured that, what i meant was:
is there a web page that has all common (not 3DO, Jaguar, etc.) video game systems with there system specs all listed in a row? anyone know of a site like that?

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2005, 20:14
o yea and a notice to shadow: I think several people have already mentioned it to you but if you can't use grammar correcly in your posts then don't try. It's like giving us a picture that's slightly unclear when you put no punctuation in. What you are doing now is turning that unclear picture into cubism and then turning that into cubism. ( cubism is a picture that has been jumbled up to show different angles;try picasso). Sentences end in a full stop ( . ) not two commas ( ,,). Generally the only thing you use is a question mark, which would be fine except you put 800 commas in said sentence.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything or trying to offend you; just generaly you have some decent ideas but you make you self look like a downie in your expression of them.

Ps don't be a smart ass and point out any minor mistakes in the post :p look this is getting old, im not doing book reports for revew here , its is a forum , nothing has to be perfect to get a point across , i dont care if sevral or a hundred people have noticed how i type, and i dont care if all of them have a problem with, how i lay a message down , to me this is how i am characterized , people noticed my posts weather its fort my genuine ideas or my artistis methos, when you speak to a friend. in reality , do you speak properly useing every websters dictioary word,. or do you used slang, . well i dont know about you but most people take shortcuts,, it takes a lot to ofend me, but people that dont have anything better to do then find fault in other peoples posts , thats ofencive , i didnt say here i am find fault in me, . i said heres my ideas ,, no heres whats gonna happen,, im gonna keep posting my ideas just as i always have and im gonna keep posting them. how ever i wish too.. and.. if...,,,, i ,,m want,, eighty,, billion ,, commas,,, in ,, them,., then,, everyones ,, just,,, just,, gonna,, have,,, too, ,, to,, deal.. because,, frankly ,, scarlet,,, i,, dont,, give,,,, a,,,, damn,,,, no offence of corse:D

oh yeah im awear theres miss spelling, shadowgrammer , and eightybillion commas in my post:p and before you get the wrong idea im not ofended at you, what im afended at is people with ( perfection narcisim) there are few perfect things in life. perhaps my typing is a relfection of my personality,, hyper and wreckless,, and even tho im awear of my posts, i feel more confortible posting how i would say somthing in real life,, i dont really care what people think of this, the world does have a standerd, but standerds where made to be broken. thats why there called standerd, and not absolutes,,

Shapermc
June 13th, 2005, 20:41
look this is getting old, im not doing book reports for revew here , its is a forum , nothing has to be perfect to get a point across , i dont care if sevral or a hundred people have noticed how i type,
You're right. This is not a book report. These are words conveying your meaning to other people. These little characters represent your thoughts and feelings to the thousands of possible people floating around the internet, and the chance they may happen upon this site. You know what else? It shows me that you are incompetent and I should take anything you say with a grain of salt, as you seem to not even care enough to end a sentence properly. When you are trying to talk to people in a social setting you don't mumble or ramble on or shout at the top of your lungs (well not all the time) so why would you want to do the equivalent on a forum?

Put some thought into what you type before you type it and you may find that people will listen to you. You know, I did not really read your response, or 80% of the peoples who post in this forum. You give yourselves a bad name like this. If it were not for the excessive amount of information here (which I am very grateful for) I would have left and never returned. Unfortunately for this forum, people like you, who don't seem to care about your transcription of the English language, give the people who put a lot of hard work in a bad name and look.

But your right, your not in High School any more. You should be spelling properly and using proper grammar because you are an adult or at least mature enough to realize how many people there are that don't care enough about you to try to decode your piss-poor English.

Yes, now sound all smart and tell me something to the equivalent of "STFU n00b!" and get on with your day like a big man.

The real Napolean
June 13th, 2005, 20:44
Shadow Prophet is the real Napolean Dynamite. Gosh Such an idiot. I bet his favorite animal is a liger and he hunts wolverines with a 12 ga. shotgun!

Tina come get your food you fat lard!

What an idiot. Can I get your autograph? :eek: :cool:

criptix
June 13th, 2005, 20:50
I got warned for flameing when all i did was offer constructive criticism. Oh and nicely said Shapermc.

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2005, 21:06
how inteligent, you insult my inteligence, and then sink to base insults, showing me not only do you not know what you speak of, but that your not even able to hold a clean non offencive conversation i wont sink to insults ,, but, as far as all of the tina come get your food, you fat lard ? ? what the hell was this about, brother i may look like a big guy, and in fact im not small. however im in shape, and willing to bet better shape then most people, i get my workouts regularly,, a picture sais a thousand words, but not everything is said, i weigh 195 and im solid ,, nothing jiggles on me brother, im not a skinny waste away , but thats because i work out, now all those points aside,, i wasnt ofended before ,, but some of the later developments , are ofencive, however, im not returning insult with insult, as your own igonrance is punishment enough,

shizzle
June 13th, 2005, 21:11
you called him a dipshit; what i did was constructive critisim :P

No shadow, i didn't say it had to be perfect did i. Check over my posts, i make short cuts but around 80% is missing out apostrophes ( can't spell lol, or is that right?). But if you start sentences with a Captital Letter and finish them with a full stop people won't think "God i have to troll through this for half an hour). If it's digestable and clear, then people will read it. Sure you get your point across in the end, but only to those with the patience of a saint.

Like i said you do sometimes have good ideas, but don't waste them by typing a load of drivvle.

I don't see how putting ,, is a shortcut for . It takes longer, and maybe, just maybe, if when you tried to link sentences of similar meaning with a comma, you used a semi colon instead, then we'd all be a lot richer from the experience <---- What is this guy on about ?!?!!!!111.

And what does talking have to do with it, i don't say i went to the park yesterday comma the one by the cd shop comma and found a condom in the lake full stop; Nor do i skip out the punctuation and talk like a droid. Maybe i do use slang and not pronounce words properly depending on who i'm with, but i still use correct grammar.
For example: take " Come on ya F**kin D**k'ed", no i don't say that regularly :P. But if i did i'd use the english grammar version rather than " on ya F**kin D**k'ed come".

The whole point of punctuation is so that we can understand how you would say it in real life therefore you just told me you speak continuosly without breaks, linking incoherent sentences with commas making you effectively dribble everywhere.

shadowprophet
June 13th, 2005, 21:21
See this is what its all about.

Hes a good man, he can get his point across without insults or base crudeimentry, thats why i like this guy.

He makes his point constructivly,non offencively,and friendly.
These are the kinds of people i respect and will adhere to there advice.

You get a rep point for that one , based on good timeing and intervention :D

quzar
June 13th, 2005, 21:25
This thread already had very little purpose, now I must act as a firefighter.