PDA

View Full Version : SanDisk MemorySticks - Differences?

Waltrock
June 28th, 2007, 13:37
Hello folks!

I need some help! I want to buy a new Memory Stick Pro Duo with a capacity of 4 GB.

I don't want to buy a Sony, so I decided to choose some SanDisk hardware. But they have different Memory Sticks in their product range.

Can someone tell me if there is a huge or a small or some other kind of difference between the normal SanDisk MemoryStick pro Duo and the Mobile/Gaming/Ultra II - Edition? I think they have different timings, but do you "feel" this really when you are Gaming / Saving / listening to Music, watch films or whatever?

Thanks for replys!

Flatland
June 28th, 2007, 14:50
sorry all i know is sony :(

SSaxdude
June 28th, 2007, 17:18
Sandisk memory sticks are much better than the Sony ones I own. Go for the Sandisk.

bah
June 29th, 2007, 13:24
The 'gaming' ones in the bright colours use slower memory (or so I have read).

The standard blue ones are fine. I have a 1gb standard sandisk.

The ultra II (and the extreme III) have higher read/write rates. I have a 4gb ultra II and do not notice any boost in speed above the standard 1gb card.

I don't think any proper memory sticks will give you slowdown in watching movies, those crappy MAX battery/HDD addon have speed issues. I also dont think the PSP can make use of the extra speed that the ULTRA II or EXTREME III cards provide.

So basically, Id stick with the standard cards unless an ultra II is not much more.

Hope that helps.

Waltrock
July 2nd, 2007, 08:23
helped a lot, thank you very much!

Ordered the 4GB SanDisk standard version now. Looking very forward to it :)