PDA

View Full Version : Headhunter vs Ikaruga

Darksaviour69
June 13th, 2005, 12:33
Headhunter (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/headhunter)
vs
Ikaruga (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/ikaruga)
Vote Now

Darksaviour69
June 13th, 2005, 12:34
oh this is a hard one!... i don't know who to vote for, 2 great games

SmashinGit
June 13th, 2005, 12:56
Ikaruga gets my vote. It changed the concept of the genere by having to change colour to stay alive. Also being a very good shooter and very hard as well.

Darksaviour69
June 13th, 2005, 13:05
oh i love treasure.... i have to vote Ikaruga... but i do like head hunter alot....ohh ...Ikaruga!

beetroot bertie
June 13th, 2005, 14:19
Ikaruga for me.

It reminded me how great contemporary shoot em ups can be. It plays incredibly well and just looks amazing, especially on a rotated VGA monitor so the play area fills the screen. I remember first seeing screen shots of the arcade version in an issue of Edge and from that moment I knew I wanted to play the game.

In my opinion this is what gaming is all about and is one of my fave DC games.

kof2000
June 13th, 2005, 16:45
the two games r great, but my vote is for ikaruga. everything treasure do is the best in a poll... :D

Fly On
June 16th, 2005, 23:00
I was hooked on Ikaruga for so long. Since I had the Japanese version, it took me a while to figure out that you had to change colors to get throught the game.

Darksaviour69
June 17th, 2005, 12:11
I was hooked on Ikaruga for so long. Since I had the Japanese version, it took me a while to figure out that you had to change colors to get throught the game.

are u serious? u must have died alot before you figured that one out ;)

Gameholic
June 17th, 2005, 13:31
Well it hurts but i have to choose Ikaruga. While im not a really huge fan of railshooters, i dig thise one A LOT. While i have a lot of fun with Headhunter, it's downside is when you completed the game you won't go back for more.

With Ikaruga, you keep playing for a few hours once in a while or with a friend. Superb and one of my fav DC games!

Christuserloeser
June 18th, 2005, 19:53
Ikaruga - because I love it.

Headhunter might be a very good game (too bad it never made it to the US or JP) but I'm just not a fan of this type of games.