PDA

View Full Version : 3.50 -> 1.50 Small Problem

Menome
June 28th, 2007, 16:18
I'm trying to help my friend downgrade to 1.50 using the newly released downgrader. So far, we've gotten to the point where the firmware is now 3.50HEN. However, the update file in the Game menu is not the x.yz update.

There is a 1.50 update icon, but when it is clicked, it says there is no need to update.

Also, does the 'src' folder need to be copied to the PSP memory stick? It's in the .zip, but not mentioned in the instructions.

Cloudhunter
June 28th, 2007, 17:08
You replaced the EBOOT.PBP inside the update folder with the 1.50 EBOOT.PBP, instead of renaming it to UPDATE.PBP.

Cloudy

Menome
June 28th, 2007, 18:18
We've gone back and ensured we got that right, but it still comes up with the same message.

A quick step-guide to what we've done so far:

-Extracted the /PSP folder from the .zip, so that it copies over the /PSP folder on the memory stick.

-Kept the file from the Downgrader in the /UPDATE as EBOOT.PBP

-Renamed the 1.50 patch EBOOT.PBP to UPDATE.PBP, and stuck it in the /UPDATE folder.

-Run Lumines, blue-screen, restarted.

-Checked it's 3.50HEN, gone to the Game -> Memory Stick, and it's there as 1.50 instead of x.yz

pt9087
June 28th, 2007, 18:31
Try deleting all the files... and try again!

Menome
June 28th, 2007, 23:27
I've come across something that may be part of the problem. Myself and my friend are situated in the UK, and thus our Firmware updates are for Europe.

The 1.50 Firmware update linked is for North America, so is it possible it's just not compatible for his European PSP?

acn010
June 28th, 2007, 23:30
does not matter................ all psp's are equal

ExcruciationX
June 28th, 2007, 23:56
Also, does the 'src' folder need to be copied to the PSP memory stick? It's in the .zip, but not mentioned in the instructions.
The 'src' folder is the source code for the downgrader itself.

Menome
June 29th, 2007, 00:23
Well, tried it one last time before calling it a night. Formatted the Memory Stick so we knew there was nothing on there that shouldn't be, followed the procedure as lined out, making sure we had the right EBOOT (from downgrader) and UPDATE (from 1.50) file.

The Game icon still comes up as 1.50 update, instead of x.yz, and if clicked comes up with:

"The system software of your psp system is 3.50. There is no need to upgrade."

So, two questions now:

1.) Apart from the /PSP folder and it's contents, does anything else need to be copied onto the Memory Stick from the Downgrader .zip?

2.) I downgraded my own 3.03 PSP using this guide here: Page Link (http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2792391&view=by_date_ascending&page=1)

Obviously, the 3.03 downgrade program can't be used, but can the UPDATE.PBP included be used for the 1.50 patch?

Sorry to be a constant pain with this, I just don't want to let my friend down after promises of homebrew goodness.

parkermauney
June 29th, 2007, 01:12
Just make sure you don't have a 1.5 update named "EBOOT.PBP" in PSP/GAME/UPDATE

That's all I can think of.

xg917
June 29th, 2007, 02:47
thers supposed to be an update folder with the contents and you are supposed to have the 1.50 eboot and rename it to UPDATE.PBP then stick it in the update folder
then it should come up on the xmb as psp update xyz or something like that

mike_jmg
July 1st, 2007, 20:29
Obviously, the 3.03 downgrade program can't be used, but can the UPDATE.PBP included be used for the 1.50 patch?

If the package you downloaded came already with the UPDATE.PBP (wich should be the 1.5 update, 13.2MB or so) file and yours worked succesfully, I'm sure you can use it

although you should check filesize

mike_jmg
July 1st, 2007, 20:35
yeah, I've checked the link, this already came with the 1.5 update

you can use it, hope it works this time