PDA

View Full Version : uo_Snes9x for PSP 0.02y9

wraggster
June 13th, 2005, 13:08
Y of PSP Wiki has released another new version of his Unnofficial Port of Snes 9x for the PSP. This version now runs at the Full PSP speed of 333mhz please remember that this may cause problems.

Download from here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to Y and PSP Wiki for the release.

SmashinGit
June 13th, 2005, 13:17
I was wondering when a 333mhz version of this would be coming out, since the other emulators have been coming out with this feature.

Reading up on this clock speed apparently it will make your battery run down a bit faster, but it shouldn't cause any problems with your processor. Also some commercial games are going to be released with this 333mhz speed, one of them being Gran Tourismo.
Sony being scared of bad press for the psp was worried about the battery life causing the wrong headlines so clocked the processor at 222mhz and left it up to the software houses if they wanted to increase it.

jonlad1
June 13th, 2005, 13:26
so it wont knacker your psp up?
will overclocking make them emulator run at full speed?

SmashinGit
June 13th, 2005, 13:41
Just been trying it on a few games, super mario world with frameskip 1 works, great. StarFox and mario kart are still strugling.

Is running the processor at its target speed overclocking??

jonlad1
June 13th, 2005, 16:02
doesnt sound promising, having to overclock the system AND having to use frameskip 1

SmashinGit
June 13th, 2005, 16:14
But your not overclocking the processor, your just running it at the speed the processor is designed to run at.

jonlad1
June 13th, 2005, 16:27
so you reckon that we will soon have full speed by overclocking?

nexis2600
June 13th, 2005, 16:29
Yes true. No overclock is happening. Its just this code is new and we are unsure how stable it is and if we are using the right values to change the clock speed. We could actualy be setting the wrong values. We dont know.

That is the reason for the warnings. We (emu authors) dont want to be held acountable if it breaks the psp. Were putting it in for others but not forcing it (minus the genesis emu. bad author).

So far from my test, everything is hunky dorie and it just hits my battery a bit more but not that bad actualy (the drain was not that much more).

jonlad1
June 13th, 2005, 16:33
sweet, i'll be waiting. thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing. its certainly appreciated by us non-authors!

royuky
June 14th, 2005, 00:00
Hi Am New In This Psp Emu Thing So I Would Like To Know Y Does My Psp When I Run The Snes Emu Or Anyother Emu It Gives Me This Error:

The Game Could Not Be Started
(80020001).

If Anyone Could Help Pls Let Me Know Asap! Ty :)

nexis2600
June 14th, 2005, 00:18
Hi Am New In This Psp Emu Thing So I Would Like To Know Y Does My Psp When I Run The Snes Emu Or Anyother Emu It Gives Me This Error:

The Game Could Not Be Started
(80020001).

If Anyone Could Help Pls Let Me Know Asap! Ty :)

Because your PSP bios is 1.5 which will not run emulators at the current time.

Only old japanese psp with 1.0 bios can run them.

ganon
June 14th, 2005, 00:19
u prolly got a 1.5x firmware

kaneco
June 15th, 2005, 00:53
can you download it somewhere because i have the same problem?

and i don't have any games(no money :( )