PDA

View Full Version : Help re: Memory stick problem

davec147
June 28th, 2007, 22:19
Hi

I recently bought a PSP with dark alex 3.10a OE which came with a 1gb memory card which worked fine. I recently decided to upgrade and get a 4gb memory stick but for some reason it only seems to play the first game file on the stick.

If any other files are selected I just get the PSP flash screen as if it is starting then a black screen and it goes no further. I can't turn off and have to take the battery out.

Does anybody know what might cause this or what I can do to access the rest of the files on the card. Is it a fault with the card?

I'm confident it is a real card as it says magicgate compatible when I view the information and it was bought from a large supplier.

Cheers

Shrygue
June 28th, 2007, 22:29
Maybe it has file errors? To check and fix those, connect your PSP to your PC via USB. In Windows Explorer right click the PSP drive [e.g - drive E:], go to Properties, select the Tools tab and in the the Error Checking section, chose Check Now. Select your options in the dialog box that appears and click Start. The process should correct the errors.

If that does not work, try formatting the memory card. Be sure to back up the contents of it first before doing so to avoid losing data.

pt9087
June 29th, 2007, 01:03
Start, Run, type "cmd" press entner. type chkdsk /f X: this will probaly do the same job ^^.

bah
June 29th, 2007, 07:51
I think the GUI way would be easier for a newb :)