PDA

View Full Version : Editing Eboot's to include icon data without recompiling them?

punkonjunk
June 28th, 2007, 21:52
I need to make my PS1 games have new images without recompiling them, because I'm lazy. I'm using the latest version of popstation, and firmware 3.40-OE A.

This would be great as a 2 gig card with 4 PS1 games on it becomes a hastle to guess and check all the time.

Thanks in advance.

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 23:47
Use PSPBrew.

It'll take a while to load a 300-700MB eboot, but it'll work.

bjaffe
June 29th, 2007, 23:30
You can change the icon and background image easily with popstation. Just select the eboot in popstation and add your images where you want them. You can even preview it to see how they will look.

punkonjunk
June 30th, 2007, 20:35
Oh, popstation lets you do it with already compiled stuff? I'll try it in a bit, thanks!

EDIT
When I do it with popstation, it crashes like balls. It might be because I re-outed it with music, could that be it? I'll try in a bit, but I was kinda excited to put in music and a video, but that might be what corrupts it. I'll let ya know.

EDIT
Yeah, after multiple attempts, opening the EBOOT.PBP in popstation and adding stuff, even just changing the pictures seems to corrupt the game.

He;lp?

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 22:17
maybe the size of your .at3 file makes it crash as it has to be under 500 kilobytes and im afraid with popstation you have to recompile the whole thing for the game not to corrupt when trying to swop pictures so try to use parkermauney's fix

parkermauney
July 2nd, 2007, 00:42
I always use popstation to do it, but I've used pspbrew one time and it worked.

punkonjunk
July 2nd, 2007, 01:11
PSPbrew I think is trying to load the entire ISO into memory, which is making my PC crash.
I tried doing it with popstation and not using music, just disabling all the rest besides the icon and the backround and the overlay, and it still crashes. What am I doing wrong?

parkermauney
July 2nd, 2007, 01:32
Are you using the command line pops?

Try simple pops gui or icetes.

punkonjunk
July 2nd, 2007, 03:11
im using zinga burga's pops. I think.

parkermauney
July 2nd, 2007, 03:46
Yeah, that's simple pops.

Just try icetea then.

punkonjunk
July 2nd, 2007, 03:56
Icetea, huh? I'll look into it, and let you know. Man, are you an awesome person on these boards, dude. I appreciate all the prompt help you've been giving me.

EDIT

Uh, I have ice tea 1.3 and can't seem to figure out how to re-out the files, it doesn't let me open Eboots. I can open KEYS.BIN, but I can't imagine re-outing that would work.

EDIT
Hey, if you can help me figure this out, I'd also like to assign text file FAQs as document.dat files, because that is just sweet. Let me know if that's possible.

Also, if I finally re-out these things, will my saves work?

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 04:56
Sorry to bump my own post, but I can't solve this myself. Anyone? Know the problem?
I can't figure out IceTea 1.3 for re-outing things, and ZingaBurga's Popstation seems to corrupt the eboots.

I'd like to know how to revise these eboots, can anyone help?

EDIT

I dug this up trying to figure this out.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53981&highlight=icon+pack
Anyone know if it will work?
I'll try it in a bit, but I'm moving right now, so I don't have too much time for this kind of thing. :P