PDA

View Full Version : Direct me to emulators on PSP. Question on SNES9xTYL

punkonjunk
June 28th, 2007, 21:53
Alright, I'd like to know the best emulators for PSP for any systems out there. I know there is MAME emulator out there, and I already have SNES9x-TYL, but I'd like something either more supported, more compatable, or simpler. It's very hard to work with and I can't find docs on it anywhere. Links to those would be nice too.
Also, in relation to SNES9x-TYL - Is there any multiplayer support for it, or any other SNES emulator? I was thinking that it wouldn't be too dificult if I just enabled usb mode on both, and plugged in another PSP, or even a PS1 controller with a converter. Damn, that would be nice. But yeah.

Let me know where you can point me. I'm hoping to emulate sega genesis, sega CD(Yeah right, but I can hope), Dreamcast (See the last parenthesis), SNES, NES, MAME, GBA, GBC, GB, TurboGrafx, N64(And any data I need, I could only find bits of info on these so far) and anything else you could turn up, or know about. Thanks in advance, guys.

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 22:03
The best emu's for the following consoles.

Sega Genesis: DGen. (Almost perfect)
Sega CD/Dreamcast: (Haha, in your dreams.)
Nes: NesterJ
MAME: Not very good, I don't even recommend it
GBA: GPSP, very good, requires a gba bios. (Google it)
GBC: Rin
TurboGrafx: Hue or PCEP, both good.
N64: Daedalus r12. Great emu, and improving almost weekly.

Find all of these here: http://dl.qj.net/Emulators-PSP-/catid/111

(Links on left side of page.)

punkonjunk
June 28th, 2007, 22:14
you're sweet, and you didn't even call me nub a whole bunch. Thank you.
As for SegaCD and dreamcast... is it possible?

How's daedalus, as far as compatability? I'm gonna look into all of them in a sec.

kharaboudjan
June 28th, 2007, 22:50
no! SegaCD and dreamcast will never be possible for the psp.

or perhaps someone can make a SegaCD at a totally unplayable FPS. but i wouldnt bet on it

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 23:17
Daedalus supports super smash bros and mario 64 at ~30 fps, reason to download in itself.

It supports other games, rampage is fully playable. There is a compatibility list for r11 somewhere. The main improvement in r12 was just ssb support.

The only way a saturn emu would even be possible is if it were created by sega themselves, due to how poorly it was built.

jamotto
June 29th, 2007, 05:12
As for SegaCD and dreamcast... is it possible?

The dreamcast is just too much for the psp to emulate.

The Saturn is a complex machine to emulate with its nine processors, but with professional help (a.k.a sega) might be possible, don't hold your breath.

The SegaCD suffers from the same problems as the Saturn, However, some of the newer builds of DGen for the PC now have support for the SegaCD, maybe someone looking for a good challenge will figure out how to port the newer DGen to the psp.