PDA

View Full Version : Have psp FW 3.40 OE-A what all homebrews can i use?

Blazerbeatle
June 29th, 2007, 03:38
I have used the 3.50 downgrader to receive the fw 3.40 OE-A which i was told was the best to have. My question is how do i get homebrews working on it? Or mainly my emulators how can i get for example SNES9X to work on it? Please help me out.

Thanks

UPDATE - I figured it out I had to format my memory stick to get the folders i needed to be able to play the emulators on 1.50 but i still am new to the 3.40 OE FW so if anyone has any tips or suggestions on what i can do with it please let me know i'm all ears! thanks again!

Safari Al
June 29th, 2007, 04:06
yes you should be able to play all homebrew for 1.50 (pretty much everything) including snes9x. You will want the "snes9x 0.4.2 me" version (or which ever one is the newest) because it runs faaster and is only for 1.50 and OE types.

Edit: Here's how to get snes9x on your 3.40 oe

Download it here (http://dl.qj.net/SNESPSP_TYL-ME-Version-v0.4.2-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/7758/catid/135)

Make sure you've got a GAME folder

Extract the contents with winrar

Open up the folder and go into the 1.5 folder

copy the two folders you see into the GAME folder

After that is done Make sure the kernel is set to 1.50. To do this reboot the psp and hold R. Recovery should come up. Go to configuration and set the Game folder homebrew to 1.50 kernel. Go Back and Exit.

Go to the memory stick under the game catagory and run snes9x TYL 0.4.2 me

You need to provide your own roms for the emulator. Do not ask for them here.

Blazerbeatle
June 29th, 2007, 04:35
Great thnx! that was a big help ty ty i got it working now. I have another question now. How would i go about getting PSX stuff working on my 3.40 OE psp? help out when u can. Thanks!

Wight
June 29th, 2007, 05:44
Rip the PSX cd with an ISO ripper... then put it in its own dir inside the GAME dir on your mem stick... See this thread for more details:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66489

Blazerbeatle
June 29th, 2007, 22:55
Thank you so much!!! It works great! Awesome Guide. Suikoden II here i come!!!

Blazerbeatle
July 3rd, 2007, 16:34
Successfully backed up Suikoden I and II to my psp!! Thank you all for the help!