PDA

View Full Version : Problems with psx games

holla2k
June 29th, 2007, 10:53
Ok so i downgraded my 3.5 psp 2 days ago and everything was fine. Psx isos were running fine. Today i started messing around with custom themes( I didn't flash them. I used cxmb or whatever it's called) It worked for the most part but then my psx games quit working. I tried to just delete all the files from cxmb but that didn't work. Everytime i tried to run a psx game i would get a error saying

The game could not be started

So then i thought maybe i messed some settings up or something like that. So i went to restore default settings. This is when things really started messing up. Once i clicked system settings i got that blue screen tha told me the internal settings were corrupted. It told me to press O to restore. I did and the psp restarted. It made me enter all my info again. But my time zone or my region was no where to be found. It had regions and time zones i never seen before. Places like Hong Kong Sydney and Bejing. North america was no where to be found. Plus on top of that My X button was switched with the O button.

So then i thought maybe i should just do a clean reinstall. I flashed back to 1.5 firmware and then upgrade back to 3.40 oe. Everything was fine until i went to system settings and then again i got the blue screen and everything happened over, And my psx games still don't work. Mine you i reformatted my memory card so there are no files from cxmb on there. Now my emulators still work. But my psx games don't. They were working yesterday. Anyone know how to fix this? Anyone know how to get my region and time zone back?

-Xandu-
June 29th, 2007, 11:17
For the time/region, make sure both firmware EBOOTs are North American. And for the PSX problem, what converter are you using? Try IceTea 1.3.

holla2k
June 29th, 2007, 19:49
For the time/region, make sure both firmware EBOOTs are North American. And for the PSX problem, what converter are you using? Try IceTea 1.3.

Both of them were north america.

However i did get everything working. Somehow i managed to mess up my flash 0 files. I had to use flash reformatter. That worked like a charm though. I have my custom theme installed and psx games are working now! Yay me!