PDA

View Full Version : 333 mhz

shizzle
June 13th, 2005, 16:35
Has anyone actually damaged their psp in anyway running at this speed yet???

I mean i want to try all this emulators but am scared. I heard that its only under clocked to save battery life, or could it be a weak processor thats not designed to be run that fast, has anyone run it for more than say 3 hours like this?

It's more than frightening to see the poorly translated readmes which read DANGER, DANGER, high voltage. You'll be playing it and metorphorically looking over your shoulder as it were.

aseddon130
June 13th, 2005, 16:43
well the emulator that overclocks ur PSP is a 50/50 for me, i won't touch it tbh, just incase it does fook up.

jonnie
June 13th, 2005, 16:47
Its rumoured GT mobile will be the first to have the true power unleashed
@333 , but I suppose it all comes down to how its done. If the software isn't right it might mean meltdown! :eek:

Darksaviour69
June 13th, 2005, 16:54
the auther put a disclaimer incase something goes wrong, so u don't sue him if something does... but i would say its ok.... (disclaimer: don't come crying to me if i breaks your psp) ;)

shizzle
June 13th, 2005, 17:25
thats not really a disclamer, but you couldn't sue him anyway. Well, maybe in america. Its not overclocking thought really, if the the psp was underclocked this must be setting it straight.

watoto
June 13th, 2005, 18:00
well,if it can be of any help,i own a gp32 wich is a handhled used mailny for emus,and every emu on that pretty much allows you to overclock way up.
the discussions on that board on the matter lead to the fact that at worst the console restarts or freezes,as it has happened to me as well,but doesn't fry or explode or anything nasty.

when i red the news i wasn't that concerned really,since i've been dealing with overclocking emus for quite some time,so don't be freacked by this.then again,i can't quite vouch for psp,as i don't know if the reaction mmight be different

gimpyjr
July 24th, 2005, 19:15
All i have to say is the PSP is meant to run at 333 MHZ.If your not comfortable with that just wait for newer releases of emus that are more optimized and are less suseptable to crashes. Also I think sony is working on a new battery that is supposed to be able to handle the extra power without denting the battery life the way it does now.

RabidPuppi
July 24th, 2005, 21:31
i run all my emus at 333... no problems yet... so i wouldnt worry too much about it

slik da relic
July 24th, 2005, 21:45
if the psp didnt need the 333mhz, im pretty sure sony wouldve locked it out completely.

da relic