PDA

View Full Version : Selecting a NDS Slot 1 Flash Cart?

Fugue
June 29th, 2007, 20:34
Hello, I hope this is in the right forum- There's quite a few here.

I'm hoping to purchase a NDS Slot 1 Flash Cart, but I'm having trouble selecting between them. From what I've been able to find myself, my best options at the moment will probably be either the CycloDS Evolution, or the G6DS Real 2GB. Besides the fact that the CycloDS Evo uses SD cards and the G6 Real uses internal memory, are there any functional differences between the two?
My main concern is the device's reliability and compatability.

Thank you in advance.

DanTheManMS
June 29th, 2007, 20:57
The G6 DS does not have a DLDI file released for it at this time, so homebrew that requires filesystem access will not work on that. In addition, I'd suggest a microSD solution as it lets you cheaply upgrade your storage capacity.

Drego
July 2nd, 2007, 15:50
If I could suggest a DScart it would be the R4/M3 Simply. I bought one and fell in love with it. I haven't had any problems with it and the people I suggest it to love it just as much as I do. I did a lot of research on the net before I bought and found it most compatible with almost all homebrews/backups. Also it is the best bang for the buck in my humble opinion.

What I did was buy the cart itself without the SD card for $45 USD, then went straight to www.newegg.com and bought myself a 2gig MicroSD card for $15. so with shipping my total cost was around $70 USD. Not to shabby for getting good support and firmware updates, and being able to play any game I want.

To answer your questions about the G6DS and the CycloDS Evolution. G6DS...no. Not supported by many games and if you want to play a homebrew that needs DLDI like DSent like my friend did....forget it. As for the CycloDS Evolution, I do not own one, but it looks like it runs the same way as the R4/M3 and the other "Slot-1" carts just with some added features (sometimes not the best thing). I looked around on pricing, not to shabby actually. Averaged around $55-$60 USD (without microSD).

So after this long post I leave you with this: Any cart that uses MicroSD is your best bang for the buck. From there, just search for the one that you think will fit your best interest. Hope this post helps.
Cheers mate...:thumbup:

Fugue
July 3rd, 2007, 22:14
I decided to go with the CycloDS Evolution with a Japanese 1GB Kingston MicroSD Card from Real Hot Stuff.
Thanks!