PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 4 Mobile??

neodude112320
June 30th, 2007, 03:50
I was just wondering,when is GT4 Mobile being released? :confused:

b8a
June 30th, 2007, 08:16
About the same time he*l freezes completely over (!_!)

Seriously though, last time I heard an official release date, it was scheduled to be out last October. Haven't heard anything official since then. But there was an interview with one of the lead dev's where he said something along the lines of "not being able to understand how anyone would want to play it on the PSP". My guess is that it's (unfortunately) probably as good as dead. It'll probably have to have some killer PS3 connectivity feature to be released at this point. Or maybe the next PSP will have some changes that make it "worthy" of Gran Turismo. Who knows. Lack of dual shock and a second analog stick would certainly make it less fun on the PSP, but I was still really looking forward to it.

Triv1um
June 30th, 2007, 09:38
weiredly enough me and my friend at school were talking about this very same thing about a week ago. I always find it funny to remember back to all the old pictures of the PSP laying next to a GTmobile UMD.

I doubt it will ever come out now, but if it was released and it was good. It could give the PSP a boost in sales.

Man
June 30th, 2007, 16:49
Ya, this was one of those games that i really wanted. Like it was one of the reasons i bought my psp, **** me, i thought it was out, because of all those stupid pictures.

Tesseract
June 30th, 2007, 19:50
I wonder if the devs were waiting for the 333MHz option to be unlocked. It'd fit with Gran Turismo always trying to be the shiniest racing game on the consoles it releases on.

They could also be waiting for the PS3 version to be ready for the connectivity reasons mentioned above.

Yeah, I kind of agree that it was a rather nasty bait-and-switch, but I doubt that SONY/Polyphony would let the PSP go without one of their flagship racing titles being released on it. With their renewed focus on moving forward now that the PS3 has been released, I'd not be surprised to hear more about it within the next year...

Keep in mind... E3's only a few weeks away, with PAX not too long afterwards.