PDA

View Full Version : Hard disk questions..

bumbat
July 1st, 2007, 16:31
Hello one and all :) I'm new around here so please be gentle :)

OK, here is the situ I am in. I dont have a modchip and dont want one.. I use Hdloader and thus far with a bit of wrangling it has done everything I want it to do.

To run emulators I usually make an NRG file and send it to the drive using Hdhandiness.. Yesterday I installed Snes station on there and it works ok.. Few sound issues but I think that might be because of the way I am using it..

However, what I cant do is get rom folders onto my hard drive. I can inject ISOS and NRGS and so on but I dont know how to get a folder onto the drive with roms in, so right now I am limited to using the 32mb memory card I have. This may also be a issue for Pgen which I am about to send over to the drive..

I noted that roms on the memory card work when just dumped on there in windows, but that's FAT32 formatted in XP. I cant browse to the contents of the PS2 drive right now BUT snes station *does* see the Hdloader directories so I am assuming it understands the formatting of the drive.

So what I need to be able to do is access the drive somehow so I can then go ahead and dump rom directories on it. Is there a program/util that allows this?

I suppose I could run a network connection into the PS2, again is there software that would allow me to send a couple of ROM dir's to the ps2 drive?

Ideally I would like to be able to do it in windows. I use my external USB caddy to plug the ps2 drive into the pc and it works very well, so what Im ideally after then is a 'ps2 hard drive viewer/explorer' util for windows that will allow me to dump rom directories onto the drive.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for the amazing pieces of code that are now blessing my drive, I really appreciate it :)

Andy

bumbat
July 1st, 2007, 16:35
OK I just loaded the PGEN and its the same story as Snes station. Basically I can only use roms from the usb memory key.. So a hdd app that allows me to put rom dirs on the hdd in windows and put roms in would be fantastic :)

Tesseract
July 2nd, 2007, 00:49
Your best bet would be to use a program to add a partition to your HDD that can be used for general purposes. Doesn't need to be big, but that way, you can just send stuff over using FTP.

Zin0099
July 2nd, 2007, 22:25
Your best bet would be to use a program to add a partition to your HDD that can be used for general purposes. Doesn't need to be big, but that way, you can just send stuff over using FTP.

you said to partition the hdd so does this mean i can have an hdd bigger than 200gb?

Tesseract
July 3rd, 2007, 00:37
I think the latest version of HDL supports disks larger than 128GB.

bumbat
July 3rd, 2007, 01:59

I have now got a 2gb rom partition I added using the DMS format tool. Problem was I couldnt get DMS hdd dump working..

It's kinda hard 'cos I dont have a chip, so anything I want to run has to be NRG'd using nero and then injected into the drive using hd handiness..

By the above do you mean I can use say partition magic to add a partition? I can FTP into the ps2, problem is I cant mount any of the partitions using flashfxp because the partitions are HDloader ones and Exec FTP doesnt allow mounting of those ones..

This is so confuddling hehe.