PDA

View Full Version : Will this work with my setup???

primeTIIMEballer
July 1st, 2007, 22:39
I just found my dreamcast web browser disc, and have decided i wanted to try it out as ive never used it. I was wondering if i could set it up with my current internet setup.

PC>Motorola modem>motorola vonage modem>Belkin54g router>select game system(ps2, xbox etc)

the motorola vonage modem has two "dial up ports" in it that hook to my phone. if i pluged the dc up to it would it work or me?? also its not only that i really need help configuring it please help!

JKKDARK
July 1st, 2007, 22:56
What browser disc are you using? I would recommend send an email to Sega Europe and order Dreamkey 3.0

You can do a PC-DC connection, but it's very hard using Windows 2000 or XP. You should use WIndows 98 and read this guide: http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/phpBB2/guides_pcdcwin98.php

primeTIIMEballer
July 2nd, 2007, 20:19
I have 2.0 and yea Ill request for one later, but so is the answer no with my current setup?

primeTIIMEballer
July 10th, 2007, 15:13
k i hooked up an old PC i had layin around and it had windows 98!! so ill attempt pc-dc later on today.

primeTIIMEballer
July 10th, 2007, 15:21
1 question tho do i have to have a real dial-up connection for this to work?

JKKDARK
July 10th, 2007, 16:28
1 question tho do i have to have a real dial-up connection for this to work?

You can use the broadband from your computer. The Dreamcast will get dialup speed.

primeTIIMEballer
July 11th, 2007, 00:53
okay i think i have all of it pretty much figured out but im still unsure about something, I see that they want you to plug your dial up internet cord into the dc, and the wall, wait a lil bit, then plug it in PC, the only port i see on my pc is the one the cat5 is plugged into. Do i just use that port?

Christuserloeser
July 11th, 2007, 01:23
primeTIIMEballer - please edit your posts if you have something to add instead of posting several times within a couple of minutes.