PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus R13 full speed?

DarthPaul
July 3rd, 2007, 15:01
Viaemail

StrmnNrmn sent us an email recently that really got us thinking about how far Daedalus has come from its humble beginnings more than a year ago. Not only does he give us some prime information about the direction of Daedalus, but he also mentions just how long it might take him to actually get everything running properly.

Here's the important information he tipped us off to, which you guys might be interested in knowing. He writes, "R13 might actually use Bios files now. I figured this might take 3 more years to develop to run almost perfect, so I will use Bios files to help me on my Daedalus PSP Project."

Three years folks. That's a lot of dedication from the StrmnNrmn, and we're certainly glad to have him around. To all the folks out there who are fans of his work, you may want to send some love his way because the way of the homebrew developer is long and tiring.

In any case, his email leads us to believe that a formal update on Daedalus R13's status is incoming, so you may want to check out his website periodically. In the meantime, you guys may want to try out Daedalus R12, the current build of his N64 emulation program.

-Xandu-
July 3rd, 2007, 15:12
Three years for full speed? That's alot..

DarthPaul
July 3rd, 2007, 15:18
Three years for full speed? That's alot..

With three years he meant coding it without the Bios. With the Bios it could change everything. Remember the GameBoyAdvance emulators? There was an emulator for GBA running slow and then Exophase came with his gpSP using the Bios running at full speed.

-Xandu-
July 3rd, 2007, 15:26
Oh, nice.

you may want to send some love his way because the way of the homebrew developer is long and tiring.
What about this?

parkermauney
July 3rd, 2007, 17:45
love = money.

Shadowblind
July 3rd, 2007, 18:07
BIOS! Genius! Anyone remember what that did for GpSp? :D :D

On The Rise
July 3rd, 2007, 18:12
With three years he meant coding it without the Bios. With the Bios it could change everything. Remember the GameBoyAdvance emulators? There was an emulator for GBA running slow and then Exophase came with his gpSP using the Bios running at full speed.

I remember when exophase came out with gpsp and it required to use the gba bios and everything seemed like it ran 20x faster then all the other emus for the gba. I can't wait to see the results with the n64 bios on r13 this emu looks 100x more promising with the bios in the picture. Hope this help tremendously. Now I have to hunt down the bios. :thumbup:

-EDIT-

ROFL.

Lemme guess, you got this news from QJ?

N64 DID NOT EVEN HAVE A BIOS. THEY WERE STORED ON THE CARTRIDGE.

Furthermore, StrmnNrmn did not even say this.

I found this intresting quote on the maxconsole forums regarding this info. Look like this info can be fake.
Here is the link : http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=67905

-EDIT-
This has to be fake news because he always updates his news first to his blog.

Lodis
July 4th, 2007, 02:46

The emulator that was running GBA slow was a port, had no Dynarec and was not optimised directly for the Psp platform. The main reason gpSP was full speed is more to do with the fact it used JIT as well as being coded from the ground up.

Having said that, a BIOS used in the N64 emulator could make a huge difference.

EDIT: We shouldn't forget how easy emails can be spoofed.

Shadowblind
July 4th, 2007, 03:20
I remember when exophase came out with gpsp and it required to use the gba bios and everything seemed like it ran 20x faster then all the other emus for the gba. I can't wait to see the results with the n64 bios on r13 this emu looks 100x more promising with the bios in the picture. Hope this help tremendously. Now I have to hunt down the bios. :thumbup:

-EDIT-

I found this intresting quote on the maxconsole forums regarding this info. Look like this info can be fake.
Here is the link : http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=67905

-EDIT-
This has to be fake news because he always updates his news first to his blog.

For one thing I've known Maxconsole to be a pack of liers, so I really don't know who to trust. I trust you, though, but I searched for an n64 BIOS and found something that MIGHT be it...

xg917
July 4th, 2007, 05:30
sooo.. conclusion? statement true or false?

Gene
July 4th, 2007, 05:34
sooo.. conclusion? statement true or false?

No idea sir.

bmar29
July 4th, 2007, 05:42
hmmm the only mention of an n64 bios on google is on all of the psp news sites that posted this same story. thats probably the reason that it has yet to be full speed...due to the lack of a BIOS. not to mention the fact that it is the only 64-bit system that is trying to be emulated and we're not even sure if 64-bit systems can even achieve full speed on the psp's system

xg917
July 4th, 2007, 05:44
soo where is the source comming from. i saw it here first and it has more information here. the link to max console has a shorter description.

soo darth where did u find the info?

h4s30
July 4th, 2007, 06:39
he found the info from me bwahaha!!!!
anyways BIOS yeah maybe it could work the same way it did for the gpsp

but does a N64 BIOS exist???
I googled but haven't found one

as for the psp fully emulating the n64 full speed i think it can be done

SpacemanSpiff
July 4th, 2007, 16:09
If you turn on your N64 with no cartridge inserted then nothing happens. So I'm willing to bet that the N64 doesn't have BIOS built in.

gunntims0103
July 4th, 2007, 17:10
I don't trust this unless its posted on the coders site >_>

xg917
July 4th, 2007, 17:58
proven false on StrmnNrmn's Blog.. i knew it was false from the beginning but i still had my hopes up..

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 23:52
awwww man...

l33t_haxz0r
July 5th, 2007, 01:39
hmm, you never know.. coders I know have done some pretty amazing things :)

Exophase
July 6th, 2007, 20:59
No offense but some of you aren't that clever :P Thinking that using a BIOS could improve speed is incredibly facetious reasoning. If anything, an accurate HLE BIOS implementation in gpSP would make it faster, not slower, it's just that it's an amount of work that I don't really want to undertake, and is a compatability hazard unless it's perfect.

N64 doesn't even have a BIOS.

gamerremag
July 6th, 2007, 21:52
guys StrmnNrmn confirmed this, he wrote me in an email saying that he is going to release an all-in-one custom BIOS for his emulator. he said that he is going to release a beta build for the people who donated to his work =)

so if you did, be prepared via email. :)

DPyro
July 6th, 2007, 22:10
That email was a hoax, StrmnNrmn only posts in his blog.

Exophase
July 7th, 2007, 00:34
StrmnNrmn sent me an e-mail saying he was going to change the name of the emulator to Ddls because shorter names are faster.

kharaboudjan
July 7th, 2007, 16:48
hope u can help him out with the emu Exophase!

u and NJ are still the best emu. dev. for the psp :D

robotdevil
July 8th, 2007, 13:50
StrmnNrmn sent me an e-mail saying he was going to change the name of the emulator to Ddls because shorter names are faster.

:rofl: I wonder how many people will get that you are being sarcastic...

Only time will tell.