PDA

View Full Version : Web browser alternatives for PSP?

yamsboys
July 4th, 2007, 14:18
I was just curious if there were any alternatives/other options to use a different web browser than the one Sony includes.

I know that there are some "clipping" issues on web sites that I visit with the Sony PSP browser, but are there any better browsers that aren't so bad with clipping?
I understand that alot of websites just aren't formatted or tailored to mobile format, but I'm just curious which browsers for the PSP do a better job.

dangee
July 4th, 2007, 14:52
only Links2 , far as I know , but it never really worked for me.
did you try changing VIEW settings on the XMB browser (text size Small & display Just-fit sometimes helps)
*btw* wordflash

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 21:43
Yes, I'd also like to see a more lightweight, compatable browser for PSP.

parkermauney
July 4th, 2007, 22:15
It would kick SO much ass if mozilla were to port firefox and release it on umd, with java and flash and all. Like the nds browser comes on a flash cart.

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 23:39
aw man, I'd die if that were released.

Hey, is firefox opensource? Maybe someone could whip one up.

If anything, I'd really just like to see a browserthat better supports java and flash, and is updatable.

The current browser really is terrible. But it is better than nothing. :P

parkermauney
July 5th, 2007, 01:03
Firefox is very open source. Why not give it a try yourself? :p

punkonjunk
July 5th, 2007, 01:42
Yeah, I know Visual basic from highschool, and I'm sure that knowledge is completely useless. I attempted to teach myself C++ and failed miserably. You teach me and firefoxPSP will be my first project XD

krazykarl
July 5th, 2007, 02:28
I remember this one mod that allowed you to view a webpage in full resolution on the psp. I think it was called full screen browser?