PDA

View Full Version : Doom and Doom2 for PSP released

wraggster
June 15th, 2005, 18:54
<a href="http://www.lantus-x.com/PSP/" target="_blank" >Lantus</a> has released his Port of Doom 1 and Doom 2 for the PSP, heres whats posted on his site:

DoomPSP V0.01
=============

This is Doom/Doom2 for your PSP.

Features
========

- Doom 1 shareware wad included for instant action.
- analog stick movement.
- save/load supported.
- (really crappy)sound.
- source code included.

Todo
====

- decent sound
- Fullscreen support
- decent WAD support

Bugs
====

I need users to give me bug reports, not enhancement requests (they will come later).

Download this awesome game from here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml

Thanks to Lantus for a fab release.

nexis2600
June 15th, 2005, 19:21
anybody give it a go yet? Also does TNT & Plutonia work yet?

Greensprout
June 15th, 2005, 19:25
anybody give it a go yet? Also does TNT & Plutonia work yet?

I've tried it on v1.5.. No joy :mad:

Amiga
June 15th, 2005, 20:32
It plays fantastically,even got to love the anolog stick :)

How do it get full screen??

xuphorz
June 15th, 2005, 23:31
plays nicely :)
did notice something weird though, when walking, i occasionally ran through walls

consoul
June 16th, 2005, 02:06
Great work Lantus.

SmashinGit
June 16th, 2005, 02:38
What a great release, thanks Lantus, will be playing it over the next 24hrs, reminds me of playing fps on the dreamcast with one analogue stick. :)

xodius
June 16th, 2005, 10:30
how did u get the game to work

Amiga
June 16th, 2005, 10:34
PS i did crash once though when i loaded it the secound time, no i dear why though:/

Bus1nessboy
June 18th, 2005, 10:47
both of them freeze after no more than 15 minutes, You can't jump in doom2 so and you cant progress from there other then that so far it runs very well on my (now awesome :D ) 1.5 and i will report more errors if found, and I recommend you save as often as possible.

shizzle
June 18th, 2005, 11:17
It only works with the shareware version. If you use orginal doom.wad you have to rename to DOOM.WAD and even then it doesn't work properly. Same with doom 2

lantus
June 18th, 2005, 17:32
0.02 is released now. enjoy

wraggster
June 18th, 2005, 18:24
Lantus just said it and heres a repeat of my news post.

<a href="http://www.lantus-x.com/PSP/" target="_blank" >Lantus</a> has released his Port of Doom 1 and Doom 2 for the PSP, heres whats posted on his site:

DoomPSP V0.02
=============

This is Doom/Doom2 for your PSP.

Whats New?
==========

- Fixed Dpad crashing issue
- Fixed rapid gun bug
- Fixed Home button exiting emulator issue

Bugs
====

I need users to give me bug reports, not enhancement requests (they will come later).

Download this awesome game from here --> <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml">http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/doompsp.shtml</a>

Thanks to Lantus for a fab release.

Martin
June 18th, 2005, 18:25
This kicks ass, great work. :D

Time to invest in a PSP for sure now...

Chrone
June 18th, 2005, 21:03
I love this, you can play alot of custom WAD files and they work fine. I recommend Doom 64, it adds alot of good levels and HARD yet fun content.

Heretic wad is cool for playing Heretic on your PSP, but its all custom levels and the mapper wasnt very good at it.

Alot of custom mods work, some dont, if it crashes at Loading Doom Daemon, it wont work, but if it pauses there its working. Some of the wads are 15+ megs and take a solid minute or two to load up, but custom modifications DO WORK!

medafor
June 18th, 2005, 21:19
DOESNT WORK on my 1.0 psp.

wraggster
June 18th, 2005, 21:22
anyone got any good doom sites with wads on and ill do a newspost if theres a few

Chrone
June 18th, 2005, 21:37
http://www.tapland.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1336

Thats what I used, I've tested like 5 or 6 of them, about 3 out of those worked. I know Biowar didnt work, The Wolfenstein one didnt work.

Doom 64 works like a charm, loading and saving works fine too, its 100%. Heretic works, but bad level design, and Quake 2 wad works as well (These are all under **Excellent Mods by Drumaster: catagory)

You have to rename the custom WAD to Doom2.wad then just load up the program.

If it doesnt work it will just bring you back to the PSP menu after a second or two on the Doom PSP black Init screen, if it does work it will pause on that init screen and load for a bit.

urherenow
June 19th, 2005, 09:17
I've tried both versions on a 1.0psp and can't get either to work. Tried putting both eboot.pbp and DOOM1.PBP in PSP/GAME/DOOMPSP and PSP/GAME/DoomPSP. It just acts like it's trying to load something and goes right back to the PSP menu.

How exactly do you set this up to work? I've had no probs with the other emulators and such.

lantus
June 19th, 2005, 15:03
folder needs to be called DOOM-PSP

nexis2600
June 19th, 2005, 16:59
lantus,

Any word on getting TNT & Plutonium to work?

slayer2psp
June 20th, 2005, 02:49
http://www.tapland.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1336

Thats what I used, I've tested like 5 or 6 of them, about 3 out of those worked. I know Biowar didnt work, The Wolfenstein one didnt work.

Doom 64 works like a charm, loading and saving works fine too, its 100%. Heretic works, but bad level design, and Quake 2 wad works as well (These are all under **Excellent Mods by Drumaster: catagory)

You have to rename the custom WAD to Doom2.wad then just load up the program.

If it doesnt work it will just bring you back to the PSP menu after a second or two on the Doom PSP black Init screen, if it does work it will pause on that init screen and load for a bit.thanks for the 411 the hellraiser one worked and the ones you said just awsome doom64 on the psp now we just need full screen

urherenow
June 20th, 2005, 03:00
folder needs to be called DOOM-PSP

LOL. Thanks Lantus! After looking at the directory it got un RARd to, I now feel like a total idiot :rolleyes:

resinbowl
June 20th, 2005, 05:40
lantus,

Any word on getting TNT & Plutonium to work?

i got them to work, just rename them to DOOM2.WAD

overidon
June 22nd, 2005, 04:32
Dear Lantus,

This port is shockingly good. One thing I am amazed at is how fast this emulator runs! For example, on my 1.6 Gigahertz athalon PC I have trouble running dosbox version of Doom. Are you able to create emulators for other old school PC games as well such as "Master of Magic" ? Becuase The control and grafix in this game look excellent on the PSP.

Thank you so much for your hard work!

Overidon

Cap'n 1time
June 22nd, 2005, 05:13
Dear Lantus,

This port is shockingly good. One thing I am amazed at is how fast this emulator runs! For example, on my 1.6 Gigahertz athalon PC I have trouble running dosbox version of Doom. Are you able to create emulators for other old school PC games as well such as "Master of Magic" ? Becuase The control and grafix in this game look excellent on the PSP.

Overidon

wow, is this your first time in a forum? :o . anyways, dosbox should run doom fine, increase your cpu cycles on that sucker untill it is running smoothly.

as for psp running old school dos based games... is x86 emulation possible on the psp?

Chrone
June 23rd, 2005, 03:25
The one bug I've noticed so far is a weapon lock bug where, when switching weapons the gun will just start firing on its own, and never stop. If you try to quit while this is going on it freezes up the PSP.

Also, missing the ability to jump is IMO a bug, because you cant play Doom 2 without that button.

Shannon
June 23rd, 2005, 04:18
Dear Lantus,

Overidon

D00D. PSP-Doom is a port. The source code for Doom was released by ID ages ago. Hence the reason it runs so great cause it aint emulating anything. It's running purely on the PSP processor.

But it'd be kinda nice to see some type of dosbox emulation for some of the old school pc games.

overidon
June 23rd, 2005, 04:22
oh! so you would need the source code for Masters of Magic in order to get it to run so well on PSP! I see...thanks!

easy_dog
June 23rd, 2005, 08:34
I cant get this to work. I have a 1.5 firmware and Im using KXploit tool.

I have put the files in a folder called DOOM-PSP and doom1.wad in the /wad directory. But when I choose to start doom1.wad it shows some text and then returns to the pspmenu. Anyone got any idea as to what Im doing wrong?

Chrone
June 23rd, 2005, 10:12
I cant get this to work. I have a 1.5 firmware and Im using KXploit tool.

I have put the files in a folder called DOOM-PSP and doom1.wad in the /wad directory. But when I choose to start doom1.wad it shows some text and then returns to the pspmenu. Anyone got any idea as to what Im doing wrong?

The wads go in the doom-psp directory, not in a subdir.

For Doom2 and doom2 mods name the wad doom2.wad.

For doom 1 its doom1.wad, if you have both in the directory it will default to Doom2.wad.

easy_dog
June 23rd, 2005, 10:28
I use the latest version which features a wad selection menu. In that version the wads has to go into the wad dir or they wont show up in the menu.

It always stops at init playloop for me, weird.

Also it creates a doom2.wad file in the doom-psp dir everytime I start it.

jocappy
June 25th, 2005, 00:06
I just get a black screen and it says "Game is starting, please wait ..."

This stays on forever. what am i doing wrong? I have a 1.5 psp but have the NES emulator working... Joe

I have the wad files in the Doom file, not the Doom% file... What the Fu*&

parabolee
June 25th, 2005, 23:22
Same problems here. I truied Version 2 and the Wad selector version with no luck, it loads for ages and then locks up my PSP. I have to turn it off. Used the shareware version and DOOM2.wad.

I have 1.50 and am using KXploit.

Jdemon
June 26th, 2005, 01:32
OK I've got a problem I don't see listed here yet. I'm not a big DOOM fan but from what I've read on here soo far this seems very cool. I get the following...

PUBLIC DOOM - V1.10
V INIT: ALLOCATE SCREENS.
Z INIT: INIT ZONE MEMORY ALLOCATION DAEMON.
W INIT: INIT WADFILES.

Then it goes back to the PSP menu...any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm using PBP for my 1.5 setup not any kind of "tool" but I don't think that's a problem since it is trying to boot-up.

I tried creating a WAD directory and putting DOOM1.WAD and DOOM2.WAD in there as well, but that did nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Onetonbullet
June 26th, 2005, 09:57
same thing here...wierd thing is the anolog doom works, and the dpad doom doesnt...

Onetonbullet
June 26th, 2005, 10:23
OOps....put the wad file in there...

parabolee
June 26th, 2005, 23:52
Well I finally got this working on 1.50. Here's what I did -

USE "D-Pad DoomPSP v0[1].02" Instead of any other version (Icouldn't get any others to work anyway).

and install it with KXploit 0.3 instead of SeiPSPtool.

Seems to work fine with DOOM, DOOM 2, DUKE 3D and HERETIC. But QUAKE 2 locks up.

Jdemon
June 27th, 2005, 01:38
OK I think I had a bad wad. Anyway I got this working using the Doom-Pack1...which was quite simple to use...Thanks.

Well I have to say now I understand why DOOM fans are soo happy with this, but now I remember why I'm not a big DOOM fan :rolleyes:
It just makes me want to play Quake III on my Dreamcast ;)

aseddon130
June 27th, 2005, 03:43
i can not get this one working at all ... its kinda stressing me out ... using 1.5 JAP PSP and tried all versions and no joy !

HEEELP!

Omoikane
June 28th, 2005, 17:07
same problem here, only i have a 1.5 american psp. everthing works fine until i select doom1 or doom2 from the list then i get booted back to the psp menu.

my wad files are in the PSP/GAME/DOOM-PSP/WAD directory and i can select doom1 or doom2 from the list and i used both seipsptool0.3 and kxploit0.3, neither of which worked. if anyone could please post a helpful reply to us i definitely would love it.

holy crap im an idiot. i got it to work.

Legas
July 8th, 2005, 05:54
Ok i have spent about 4 hours trying to get this to work

I have the .Wad's in PSP/GAME/DOOM-PSP/WAD

I have tried all versions of Doom PSP and the closest i have gotten is:

Loaded up the menu, selected DOOM1.wad, got to the loading screen, no error messages, then im suddenly taken back to the PSP menu

I'm using US 1.5 and the KXploit tool

Mugz
September 14th, 2005, 09:45
Ok. This is my modofication Doom-PSP 0.04u for firmware 1.5.
First step: Put DOOM-PSP 1 to folder PSP/GAME
Second step: Put DOOM-P~1% to folder PSP/GAME
Third step: Put your .wad file to PSP/GAME/DOOM-PSP 1/WAD

Enjoy...

DOWNLOAD!!! (http://www.hdz.ru/.psp/DoomPSP%201.5%20V0.04u1.zip)

Questions? Send me e-mail or ICQ: 7066844

Mugz
September 14th, 2005, 10:11
And i have error with Doom Ultimate. When starts dont use any keys. Wait credits and Doom frozen...

parabolee
September 14th, 2005, 15:53
what does the modification do?

Cap'n 1time
September 14th, 2005, 19:35
what does the modification do?

im guessing it just sets the doom up for use with the 1.5 via swaploit.
he probably posted this because wraggster didnt make one that when he released it... or he's crazy.

parabolee
September 14th, 2005, 21:45
I'm guessing the later untill further information is available, but the jury is out.

Hawkeyefile
March 2nd, 2006, 23:13
i get an error when starting the game it something about, get num for help2.
it can be bypassed by quickly hitting start to get through the startup screen and into the game. but would be nice if this where fixed.

dj2005
March 3rd, 2006, 06:04
Theres a new version out you know... look at the thread date.

Hawkeyefile
March 3rd, 2006, 21:50
yeah i know but i cant find any thread for reporting errors for doom psp 0.05 plus.

pad
March 6th, 2006, 10:55
[B]hi i likedoom

Kuru
March 10th, 2006, 14:24
Great work, thanks a lot for bringing this great classic to the psp!

DARK_Overfiend
March 27th, 2006, 02:10
right.... i need to ask so ,
if i got the PC game wads and stuck them in , would the game work. cos im lookin at a site for the wads.

if someone wants extra wads to play..... :)

my doom psp works on 2.5

[edit] nvm i checkd they work. and i've had to email some person to get password for the zip for the files i'll link up l8a

got a think 5mb wad contains - This is a whole new WAD file for DOOM I ( or DOOM 95 ).
A total of 27 new levels. New Maps, Graphics & Sounds.
Replacements for all 3 Episodes of DOOM I. ( NO EPISODE 4 ).

dunno if these are the multiplayer things or the actual game.
i'll find out the moment i get the password.

also got a wad for 4th episode from ultimate doom.
(above didnt work, psp turned off. might have to be renamed i'll try l8a)

erm few other wads that peoples made.

like a deathstar (star wars) type wad , run through deathstar shooting anything that moves. (didnt work , might also need to be renamed)

behahwhoalalala
March 30th, 2006, 11:40
do you know if doom 1 0r 2 work on 2.6...

ICE
September 3rd, 2006, 13:46
ya where do i get the wads?

jwfresh
October 20th, 2007, 23:28
Hey man I got a problem I have Quake and doom for psp and can't get them to work I have 3.70 update and don't know were to get 1.5 firmware. Can some one PLEASE tell me step by step instructions on how to put both of these games on psp and where to get and how to install 1.5 firmware thank you.

jwfresh
October 20th, 2007, 23:59
hey can you show me how to put quake and doom on psp also i have 3.70 update must i downgrade

Cymoro
February 13th, 2008, 10:01
I currently have DoomPSP 0.05+ running, and I can't seem to bind the controls so that left and right on the d-pad are strafe, and left and right triggers turn. Apparently, from the 0.04 update to the 0.05 update, they removed some functionality from config.ini by making it so that the nub and analog pad are simplified to 'move' and 'weapon'.

Is there any way to get around that short of rewriting the thing for 0.05, or am I boned unless I downgrade back to 0.04? I kind of like having music while playing.

dark heart
February 13th, 2008, 10:43
QUIT bumping OLD threads!

andwan0
May 22nd, 2009, 17:45
Just wondering, has anyone played to Level 18: The Courtyard in single player? I cannot seem to access one of the secrets due to a bug. One of the teleporter doors isn't opening.

omgpwn
May 22nd, 2009, 21:27
This is a really old topic =P
Doom happens to be the only game I know how to install though onto my psp 3000 :>

andwan0
May 22nd, 2009, 21:38
Yes, this is old.

I just reloaded my PSP (reboot) the level and the secret bit opened... aswell as the ammo sprite correctly placed. Previously the ammo sprite was place wrong... offset too much.. and was dangling high up in a wall where that should open out to a secret.

Think that was temp bug...

JLF65
May 23rd, 2009, 06:58
Not much to say other than

http://groups.google.com/group/chilly-willys-ice-flow/web/doom-for-the-psp?hl=en

Wite_Lyght
May 26th, 2009, 05:05
Finallllllyyyyy!!!

andwan0
June 10th, 2009, 10:25
Is there a PSP saved game to original Doom saved game convertor? I like to load up a saved game by PSP Doom on my PC to find why I cannot find the last 3 monsters in level 29.

JLF65
June 10th, 2009, 11:28
Depending on the version of the base source used in the particular version of PSP Doom you are running, you might not be able to use the save on the PC. I know of no converter for ANY version of the Doom source to any other. They're compatible, or they're not, and no one cares about converting between them. Sorry.

andwan0
June 10th, 2009, 11:42
Depending on the version of the base source used in the particular version of PSP Doom you are running, you might not be able to use the save on the PC. I know of no converter for ANY version of the Doom source to any other. They're compatible, or they're not, and no one cares about converting between them. Sorry.

So I have to get the base source code of Doom-PSP and study how it does the game saves onto PSP... and write a converter from there.

Or implement the noclip mode cheat for Doom-PSP so I can look for the lost souls that are stuck outside the level.

JLF65
June 11th, 2009, 04:20
So I have to get the base source code of Doom-PSP and study how it does the game saves onto PSP... and write a converter from there.

Or implement the noclip mode cheat for Doom-PSP so I can look for the lost souls that are stuck outside the level.

You can already do the noclip cheat with my Doom. Just pull up the OSK and enter the cheat code or pull up the cheat menu and scroll sideways until you reach the noclip cheat. I put THREE DIFFERENT WAYS TO CHEAT in Doom for a reason. :D

If you mean to old PSP Doom by the other guy, yeah, you'll have to hack it or make your own save converter.

andwan0
June 11th, 2009, 09:29
You can already do the noclip cheat with my Doom. Just pull up the OSK and enter the cheat code or pull up the cheat menu and scroll sideways until you reach the noclip cheat. I put THREE DIFFERENT WAYS TO CHEAT in Doom for a reason. :D

If you mean to old PSP Doom by the other guy, yeah, you'll have to hack it or make your own save converter.

How many different Doom-PSPs are there?

What is your version?

JLF65
June 11th, 2009, 21:56
How many different Doom-PSPs are there?

Three: the old version, an update on the old version, and mine.

What is your version?

It's a few posts up, but it never hurts to post it again. :D

http://groups.google.com/group/chilly-willys-ice-flow/web/doom-for-the-psp?hl=en

That comes with the source.

andwan0
June 11th, 2009, 22:44
Do you have links/URLs to the other Doom PSP versions... and whether they have sources released too?

JLF65
June 12th, 2009, 01:34
Do you have links/URLs to the other Doom PSP versions... and whether they have sources released too?

They should have source. Doom is GPL after all. And no, I don't have links. You'll have to search the forum for the latest version. I think that might be 0.5, but since I never cared about the old version, I'm not sure that's the latest.