PDA

View Full Version : The Single Memory Card Swap Exploit

wraggster
June 16th, 2005, 01:48
<a href="http://www.geocities.jp/psp15emu/" target="_blank" >This Japanese hacker</a> has posted instructions of how to use a Single Memory Card to use the Swap Exploit on the PSP, ive posted the instructions emailed to be by fatisha (an English Translation), i cant guarentee they work as i dont have a 1.50 to test but heres the instructions here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/singlememcardexploit.shtml

aseddon130
June 16th, 2005, 02:00
erm ... i know u translated this wragg ... but can i have it in english, simplified english lol ... i dont get it ;) /me dumb

wraggster
June 16th, 2005, 02:07
i didnt translate it, it was emailed to me :P

nash
June 16th, 2005, 02:22
of course this will work, the reason you need two mem sticks to do it is because you need two versions of the same file with the same name, all this "hack" is doing is essencially performing the swap in software.

Bottom line, it works, just not really i time saver, even if all you have to work with is the shitty 32mb stick that came with it, buying a second shitty 32mb stick would be less annouying then doing it this way.

Lord_Rob
June 16th, 2005, 02:50
so you need a "memory card writer"? Oh well...

ganon
June 16th, 2005, 03:14
i have a memory card writer but the ms slot is f***ed up thanks to my bro

jonlad1
June 16th, 2005, 11:06
i've read that using homebrew/emu's on your psp damages it, is that true?

aseddon130
June 16th, 2005, 11:30
so, how do u do a .bat file and all this stuff, i dont have a clue how to do it - thankfully my dads Sony PC has a Memory Stick Reader built in ... so can some1 try it and tell me how they did it plz :p

Greensprout
June 16th, 2005, 11:59
so, how do u do a .bat file and all this stuff, i dont have a clue how to do it - thankfully my dads Sony PC has a Memory Stick Reader built in ... so can some1 try it and tell me how they did it plz :p

To create a .Bat file open wordpad, type in the text they told you to and save the document as xxxxx.bat.

aseddon130
June 16th, 2005, 13:20
i think ive kinda got an idea how to do it so il let u guys kno if it works or not ... i hope it does :p

Fly On
June 16th, 2005, 22:47
It's nice if this method works, but I don't think its too practical. You need a computer or laptop around to run homebrew. If you wanted to run an emulator, you might as well just play it on your computer. At least with two memory sticks you can do it on the go.

i've read that using homebrew/emu's on your psp damages it, is that true?

Yes, it's true, it blows your PSP into a million tiny pieces, and gives you AIDS. :p

Drift
June 16th, 2005, 23:20
Yeah the single card method is a bit crap imho. Before long somene will work out how to add the 1st file as a wrapper for 2nd file which will make things much simpler. They've made a file that the PSP is obviously happy running so applying the same method to another file can't be that far off surely.

GamerSJD
June 17th, 2005, 03:37
I don't have a memery stick writer but I have had my PC recognize my PSP as an external hardrive. Is there any way I could do this via a usb conection?

Craizen
August 25th, 2005, 23:21
To transfer "Autorun.bat" to the memorystick for your psp. Do you have to have a inbuilt memory stick slot in your computer or is their a different way to get around it with also using two memory sticks to transfer homebrewed games. please help im very confused. :confused:

parabolee
August 26th, 2005, 00:13
Er, this is a DEAD TOPIC. Last post JUNE17th!

There is no use for this trick anymore. Just use the SEI program or PSPBrew but most homebrew is set up for 1.50 now anyway.