PDA

View Full Version : Almost useless PSP[worst day ever]

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 00:12
Hello everyone,

I swear I'm gonna cry..well,I just "almost" bricked my PSP. Well,it's not bricked but right now it's almost useless.It goes to the XMB,but I can't play anything!
What I did was,first I installed one of the themes which include the "vsh.prx" and that didn't let me run some games. Then I started looking and editing the Flash0 to see if I could find a way to fix that problem of the "vsh.prx" and guess what? I did something and now the Recovery Menu is not working. Nice job darth! Well,now I can't access the Flash0 from the Recovery Mode,neither I can run any application to access the Flash0 through it!!It freezes after the Gameboot. Do you guys know of anything I can do? Everything else is working,like the USB Mode,the music,the videos,pictures,etc.. But I can't run any game/umd/application and I can't access the Recovery Mode. I guess this is the end of the road,right?
Is there any other way to run the Flash0,or the Recovery Menu or an Eboot on 3.40 OE? Like for example..a prx or an exploit with a TIFF like the ones for eLoader or something else? Any help would be appreciated.

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 00:33
same happened to me, but i didnt lose recovery... and i just reinstalled 3.40OE

Xiofire
July 7th, 2007, 00:36
Couldnt you install 3.50 via eboot, and then use Lumines to downgrade and re-upgrade? Or does it freeze on everything after the game boot? Or can you update straight to 3.50 from 3.40OE A? i uno, just sugestions.
-Xiofire

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 00:38
Couldnt you install 3.50 via eboot, and then use Lumines to downgrade and re-upgrade? Or does it freeze on everything after the game boot? Or can you update straight to 3.50 from 3.40OE A? i uno, just sugestions.
-Xiofire

I tried using the 3.50 Eboot to upgrade but I get the DADADADA error message when I try to do so. If only that error message wasn't there I could have made something...

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 00:40
Try a recovery booter via the xmb

http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=19&src=RECOVERY

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 00:46
Try a recovery booter via the xmb

http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=19&src=RECOVERY

Ok thanks. I'll try some of those but I don't think that will help..I think I need something that makes me access the Flash0...

Edit: Those were Eboots. I can't run any eboot. xD

BelmontSlayer
July 7th, 2007, 00:51
Is there any other way to run the Flash0,or the Recovery Menu or an Eboot on 3.40 OE?

Indeed there is! Try using Recovery Boot 3.40 (Coded by marlon_ibz). I've attached it to this post.

EDIT: Damn...I didn't notice the part where you said eboots don't work. Hmm...

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 00:52
if that doesnt work use pspfiler and replace all the files you overwrote while installing the theme with the originals

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 00:53
Indeed there is! Try using Recovery Boot 3.40 (Coded by marlon_ibz). I've attached it to this post.

EDIT: Damn...I didn't notice the part where you said eboots don't work. Hmm...

Eboots work, but only a select few... which is very weird

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 00:54
Eboots work, but only a select few... which is very weird

No,I can't run anything.:eek:

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 01:01
Let me guess you used PS3 Clone Xmb Icons, only some homebrew worked so you messed with flash0 without knowing what you were doing, and screwed everything up?

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:04
Let me guess you used PS3 Clone Xmb Icons, only some homebrew worked so you messed with flash0 without knowing what you were doing, and screwed everything up?

Hahaha you almost got everything right. Except that it was another set of icons,but yeah,both have the same problem. A file that prevent some eboots to run,that's what I was trying to fix and then...this.

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:18
I know!
What you need to do is get a prx which will flash your psp with another firmware. Just name it the name of another prx that you have enabled (hopefully you have one enabled, or it wont work) and it will run.
I should be able to make a .PRX eboot loader if you need it.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:20
I know!
What you need to do is get a prx which will flash your psp with another firmware. Just name it the name of another prx that you have enabled (hopefully you have one enabled, or it wont work) and it will run.
I should be able to make a .PRX eboot loader if you need it.

Dude that's a freaking great idea. And yes,I have a plugin enabled ! It is the SCEP-XMB.prx,I thought that would help me because it accesses the Flash0 but it doesn't let me edit it...hmm... but I'll try that idea.
And that Prx eboot loader could come very handy...:o

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:22
do you need me to make you one? I can do it very easily if you want.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:23
do you need me to make you one? I can do it very easily if you want.

If you can,then yes please. Because I have no idea how to make one.

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:25
ok. I'll make one to load an eboot from ms0:/psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp.
Should be done in a few minutes.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:27
Thanks!! I hope that works..:(

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:35
here it is.
i didn't test it, but it should work on boot.

acn010
July 7th, 2007, 01:36
recover it on recovery

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:37
he already said recover doesn't work

It would be lucky if it would work.
I've never done a prx, nor have i done anything that loads an external eboot before.
lol

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:42
here it is.
i didn't test it, but it should work on boot.

Thanks!!:thumbup:

But how do I run that...?

recover it on recovery

And yeah,Recovery doesn't work. :(

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:43
it should be automatic.
if not, ill try again.

make sure you have something in ms0:/psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:45
Ok,so where I put the file? In the same place where the original SCEP-XMB is?

And yes,I have something in that folder.

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:50
yeah. just replace the old prx with the new one.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:51
Oh well...it didn't work. :(

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:53
my parents are making me get off soon.....
I have 8 minutes left.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 01:54
It's ok man. Thanks for everything you have done so far. It wasn't succesful but I least you tried and help me..:)

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 01:59
This code should work....

#include <pspkernel.h>
#include <pspctrl.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <pspmodulemgr.h>

PSP_MODULE_INFO("Test PRX", 0x1000, 1, 1);

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
SceCtrlData pad;
while(1)
{
sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive(&pad, 1);
if(pad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_RTRIGGER)
{
if(pad.Buttons & PSP_CTRL_TRIANGLE)
{
sceKernelLoadExec("ms0:/eboot.pbp",NULL);
}
}
sceKernelDelayThread(1000);
}
return 0;
}

/* Exported function returns the address of module_info */
void* getModuleInfo(void)
{
return (void *) &module_info;
}

i'm just not sure how to make a makefile

Sorry, i gotta go for now.

skater9269
July 7th, 2007, 02:00
If you are on a firmware that has the tiff exploit unpatched then use a tiff loader to load a downgrader.

VampDude
July 7th, 2007, 02:01
Even I tried to help (with my 3.40oe+RECOVERY), but failed... :(

...But suggested possibly the best idea yet, sell the partially-BRICKED motherboard (on eBay as people love buying BRICKED motherboards) and buy a new one (from HongKong/China) :D

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:01
his plugin may or may have not worked with any other plugin you had enabled, but the way scep is setup it wont allow you to just replace it, since the conf. tells scep how to act in the first place.

Basically with scep you are screwed :(

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 02:05
This code should work....

i'm just not sure how to make a makefile

Sorry, i gotta go for now.

Thanks a lot,see you later and take care.

If you are on a firmware that has the tiff exploit unpatched then use a tiff loader to load a downgrader.

3.40 OE.

his plugin may or may have not worked with any other plugin you had enabled, but the way scep is setup it wont allow you to just replace it, since the conf. tells scep how to act in the first place.

Basically with scep you are screwed :(

$#!t

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 02:09
back now, on my psp.

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 02:10
no, i know its possible

that other prx didnt work on my psp either.

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:14
with scep you can copy files from your ms to your flash0, somebody correct me if im wrong since its still a beta feature

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 02:16
with scep you can copy files from your ms to your flash0, somebody correct me if im wrong since its still a beta feature

But what I need to do is erase something from the Flash0. xD

And I can't do that with SCEP...

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:17
what?
even so you can do that!!!

press left trigger while viewing the flash0

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 02:21
cool. i hope this solves the prob

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:22
me too :)

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 02:26
what?
even so you can do that!!!

press left trigger while viewing the flash0

Yes I know that the menu is there but how can I move/copy a file? :confused:

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:31
set the first menu to the ms, and the second to flash0 and move the file you already have put on the ms into the flash0 directory that you deleted it from.

sorry, if that sounds lame... but theirs not much to it

zeritooverride
July 7th, 2007, 02:31
If Im not mistaken you have to select the file with triangle and then press the left trigger and select what to do with it. To move it, select the file in one of the windows and on the other go to the folder where you want to place it and select move on the menu. Someone correct me if Im wrong :S

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 02:35
But when I press the button to Delete it or Move it and I check back again the file stills there.. :confused:

If Im not mistaken you have to select the file with triangle and then press the left trigger and select what to do with it. To move it, select the file in one of the windows and on the other go to the folder where you want to place it and select move on the menu. Someone correct me if Im wrong :S

Otro boricua aquí!! :D

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:36
just a sec ill sample it out and get back to you

zeritooverride
July 7th, 2007, 02:38
I just tried moving a file from one folder to the other using SCEP and I couldnt see the change till I restarted the PSP. Maybe its the same with moving and deleting files from Flash0??

EDIT: To move a file, move the windows to the left to where the files are. Move the one on the right to were you want to copy the files. Then return to the window on the left, select the file with the triangle and then press the L button and select move. That seemed to work for me :)

To delete the file, just place either window (i think) in the location of the file, then select with triangle and press L select delete and presto :)

And yes a boricua living on the island :)
Hope I could have been of any aid my fellow boricua friend :)

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:46
^^^^ no dude... i tried everything it doesnt work :(

zeritooverride
July 7th, 2007, 02:49
Damn and I tough I was helping :( gotta keep looking into it then ... sorry

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:53
no... you were looking in the right direction, its more than what alot of people can say :)

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 02:54
Oh god what am I gonna do!? :'(

I just noticed that I have the capture.prx enabled too...will that help on anything at all?

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 02:58
The end of darthpaul...?

I hope not :(

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 03:03
Oh god what am I gonna do!? :'(

I just noticed that I have the capture.prx enabled too...will that help on anything at all?

replace the capture prx with nick's

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 03:09
replace the capture prx with nick's

...Is it supposed to load automatically? :(

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 03:13
an autoboot function i believe just make sure you have everything in the directory he gave you earlier, or it wont work( cant guarantee anything anyways)

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 03:14
I told you, that one wont work. you need to get someone to make a makefile for the new source code and compile it. that code will work.
The old one didn't even work on mine.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 03:16
Ooh cr@p...

Chameleon
July 7th, 2007, 03:19
http://dl.qj.net/3.03-OE-AutoBoot-Plugin-v0.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/12387/catid/151

this may work who knows?

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 03:20
Maybe just send it to who you bought it from? Or maybe sony?

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 03:22
no, it is unbrickable, no point to send it back.

That plugin should work. Just make it autoboot recovery.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 03:23
Maybe just send it to who you bought it from? Or maybe sony?

I bought my baby the same day it came out.:p
So I don't think the store will accept it back now..
And about Sony....it's customized to the limit! They won't accept it neither.

http://dl.qj.net/3.03-OE-AutoBoot-Plugin-v0.2-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/12387/catid/151

this may work who knows?

Thanks again but that didn't work..I need the Recovery or PSPFiler to use that..

I don't want to buy a Modchip now!! I need all the money for the PS3!! :'( lol

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 03:48
chicagogamewerks.com has cheap modchip installations...
woah. i just checked the site. they lowered the price even more.
$65 installation + $70 chip = $135 total + Shipping ($5-10)
not too bad...

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 04:05
Omg I thought they were like $30! Haha that's outrageous,with that money I could buy a new PSP.
Well,to fix that I guess I'll have to wait for a new version of SCEP-XMB or if noobz release a new eLoader for 3.XX,and I doubt that..

Nicko01
July 7th, 2007, 04:09
actually, with UP, you can have 2 firmwares and you can unbrick it.

devolution is $75, but you might be able to do that yourself.

DarthPaul
July 7th, 2007, 04:16
Ok. Well,as I can say there's no possible solution to this[currently]. I'll just listen to my music..I'll think about what can I do.
Nicko01,Chameleon,zerito,acn10,bravestar,Vamp Dude,and everyone else that helped me here..Thank a lot for all of this!! I knew I could count on you guys from DC Emu. I really love this site,and love you all members from here. You're already part of my family. :)
I'll be back later. I'm going to bed now,I've been awake for more than 24 hours now..See you all later and thanks again!

DarthPaul
July 8th, 2007, 06:13
Ok,I'm back. If someone is willing to help I will appreaciate it.

Edit: If I change the motherboard to another PSP's,and then change the options through the other motherboard,and then change it back,could it work? o_O

Cloudhunter
July 8th, 2007, 13:58
Try running patchsfo from www.noobz.eu - it may work.

And do any 3.40 homebrew work?

Ok,I'm back. If someone is willing to help I will appreaciate it.

Edit: If I change the motherboard to another PSP's,and then change the options through the other motherboard,and then change it back,could it work? o_O

Nah, as it would be changing it from that PSP's nand... not your nand.

Do you have any custom firmware plugins enabled?

Cloudy

VampDude
July 8th, 2007, 14:06

If you change your motherboard, the PSP would be of the same as the one the motherboard originally came from... So yeah, it could work, whatever it is you are trying to do? :confused:

DarthPaul
July 8th, 2007, 18:24
Do you have any custom firmware plugins enabled?

Cloudy

Yes,I have SCEP-XMB and capture.

If you change your motherboard, the PSP would be of the same as the one the motherboard originally came from... So yeah, it could work, whatever it is you are trying to do? :confused:

I thought of changing the configuration through another PSP or something...

Man
July 8th, 2007, 18:53
If you change the MOBO, it would work, if i had a motherboard over at my site http://freepspparts.co.nr/ i would give it to you, but i dont have any psps to give away right now, if your feeling really desperate, i could use a bricked PSP to part out and send away, by the way this is all non-for-profit, so your not getting ripped off.

mcdougall57
July 9th, 2007, 00:58
maybe you could get something to boot through tiff? just a thought.
does the tiff exploit work for 3.40 oe as it allows homebrew

also changing your motherboard then changing it back would not work it would also be too much hassle.

maybe you could find a cheap ass psp on ebay with a broken screen, umd drive ect. then just replace the broken screen with your working one and then downgrade the psp you put it in

Safari Al
July 9th, 2007, 02:29
Man i hate this for you. Is there no way at all??? AN exploit or something mabye??

Cokemusic
July 9th, 2007, 09:41
http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-speculation-24/t-idea-to-unbrick-a-semi-brick-113606/page2.html

Have a look @ this I have no idea if it'll help lol but it seems Fanjita is gonan create something that can update semi-bricks to downgradable firmware versions.

Goemon4
July 10th, 2007, 05:30
if you have access to the flash0 why not try to replace all the custom files with the default ones? if ya need them pm me (idk if that would help, but i had a similar problem and replacing the custom files with the original ones fixed it)

Chameleon
July 10th, 2007, 05:36
the only problem is he doesnt have access to flash0

mcdougall57
July 10th, 2007, 08:20
have you tried putting in a legitimate 3.50 game and updating using the umd as it does not execute a .pbp i think it uses a .bin

mike_jmg
July 10th, 2007, 17:44
Hey, there is an updated version of the autoboot plugin, and it doesn't require using psp filer or anything like that
http://dl.qj.net/CFW-AutoBoot-Plugin-v0.3.5-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/12575/catid/151

Hope this can work

mike_jmg
July 10th, 2007, 18:11
and another one from becus, but I did't understand if you need to run an eboot

http://dl.qj.net/Autoboots-and-two-recovery-for-CF-3.30-OE-A-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13550/catid/151

DarthPaul
July 10th, 2007, 20:54
have you tried putting in a legitimate 3.50 game and updating using the umd as it does not execute a .pbp i think it uses a .bin

No. Remember that you can't upgrade on Open Edition firmwares. I'm getting the DADADADA error.

and another one from becus, but I did't understand if you need to run an eboot

http://dl.qj.net/Autoboots-and-two-recovery-for-CF-3.30-OE-A-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13550/catid/151

Thanks man. I'll try this.

Safari Al
July 11th, 2007, 00:40
did it work darthpaul?

palyons
July 11th, 2007, 10:05
Here's a very long shot for you... While you may not be able to run any umd's, or eboots, would it be at all possible you could run iso images of umd's? If so, try an iso of Lumines, if you know where to obtain one. While Illuminati exploit is present on every firmware, excluding 3.51, perhaps someone who is smart enough could write an app from that exploit to allow access to Flash0?

My only concern about this would be, when the GTA: LCS exploit was found, I had tried to run exploit/3.03 HEN on 3.03 OE, the exploit worked; but unfortunately. HEN did not load as it would on normal 3.03 firmware. It caused a semi-brick on my PSP. Thankfully I was able to recover from it.

Anyhow, I don't know if this would work, but it may be worth looking into, if you're still able to run umd iso's.

mike_jmg
July 11th, 2007, 14:41
If he can run UMD ISO, it might really work, also there was a previous post saying Fanjita was working on something to help people with semi-bricks through lumines exploit, lets hope he releases it soon.

Don't try to use HEN!

Yours bricked because the HEN puts a patch on 3.03, and you were on 3.03OE, so it might have been some sort of incompatibility = Brick

palyons
July 11th, 2007, 19:13
Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking back then when I tried it, but I certainly wouldn't risk it a second time. :p

My only other concern about the ability to run iso's they do contain eboots too. So there's a 50/50 chance he'll be able to run it without problems.