PDA

View Full Version : Giant Mutant Cows Will Devour Your Souls

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 03:00
I tried posting this before but i guess the thread title wasn't exciting enough so i spiffed it up a bit, sorry for the drama. Simple question, why isn't anyone using the LTE Engine, which seems to be the, or one of the most powerful homebrew engines on the psp? And if someone is, who?

http://www.ltestudios.com/?home

It seems to me that this is an underused tool that could be used to make a wealth of high quality homebrew games for the psp. I'd be all over it if i knew anything about coding/modeling.

skater9269
July 7th, 2007, 03:05
I have played around with it a bit I like it alot I never released anything I made. Is a very awesome engine but I suckzor at 3d modeling so my spaceship looked like a pizza with a dildo stickin out the top of it.

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 04:17
Cool. Wouldn't it be within your expertise to port games? I'd love to but i dont know jack squat about development. I guess i could try though.

l33t_haxz0r
July 8th, 2007, 20:30
I have played around with it a bit I like it alot I never released anything I made. Is a very awesome engine but I suckzor at 3d modeling so my spaceship looked like a pizza with a dildo stickin out the top of it.

LOL!! I'll play around with it, maybe Ill get a hit or something

parkermauney
July 8th, 2007, 21:53
Does the vertex racing game use lte?

cataphrax
July 9th, 2007, 04:21
As far as I know only the shooter demo thing, the LTE Quake3 map demo, and a few never realeased projects used LTE and I think SG57 is working on a real cool Hyrule deathmatch game which might use it, although he hasn't released a number of things he was developing with the engine. I was thinking since StealthKill got busted for using the quake 2 engine for Cs: Combined Assault maybe LTE would be a good alternative?