PDA

View Full Version : Help Please! Friend wiped his psp's mind, must replace it!

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 03:49
Hey, I'm somewhat of the tech geek in my circle of friends so when i bought my friend a psp for his bday i naturally did all the modding for it and stuck the 300 theme on there. It was all fine until he decided he was sick of spartans and deleted the flash0 and flash1 of the psp thinking all it was was the theme. In retrospect i probably shouldnt have told him about recovery mode but i'm pretty sure i warned him about theme flashing as it's caused some pretty bad funk ups on my psp. So, anyway, my question is, should I still be able to boot into recovery mode with blank flash0 and flash1 folders on his psp or is recovery mode stored in the flash1 or flash0 thus rendering his psp undebrickable. As i was simply going to boot into recovery mode and use the 1.5 downgrader to take him from 3.40 oe-a to 1.5 and upgrade back as that worked for me when my flash backup got erased and my psp was semibricked.

VampDude
July 7th, 2007, 03:52
Hey, I'm somewhat of the tech geek in my circle of friends so when i bought my friend a psp for his bday i naturally did all the modding for it and stuck the 300 theme on there. It was all fine until he decided he was sick of spartans and deleted the flash0 and flash1 of the psp thinking all it was was the theme. In retrospect i probably shouldnt have told him about recovery mode but i'm pretty sure i warned him about theme flashing as it's caused some pretty bad funk ups on my psp. So, anyway, my question is, should I still be able to boot into recovery mode with blank flash0 and flash1 folders on his psp or is recovery mode stored in the flash1 or flash0 thus rendering his psp undebrickable. As i was simply going to boot into recovery mode and use the 1.5 downgrader to take him from 3.40 oe-a to 1.5 and upgrade back as that worked for me when my flash backup got erased and my psp was semibricked.

Try the setup (download) in my SPOILER box within my signature, it works for my PSP's. It has the 3.40oe + the RECOVERY so it should be able to sort out your PSP

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 03:57
well according to him he cant boot into recovery mode but I'm not sure whether or not hes doing it wrong or recovery mode is stored in either flash0 or flash1 and therefore is gone. If so, I dont think i can transfer and files to it

Man
July 7th, 2007, 03:57
Edit: im srry, but i think hes done for, depending upon where he bought it, or how old it is, take it back, unless its like a futureshop or somthing, and tell them some bogus story. or you can check out my thread here : (link to come), as im am going to be collecting bricked psps, and giving the parts away, its like the PSP redistrobution center, im going to hopefully get the thread stickied, and the current one is a mess, BTW, im getting off track, im going to be doing this to fill in my summer vacation, so if your friends PSP is bricked, and he can return it, ask him if he wants to donate it.

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 04:00
Well i was thinking about it and though how could that be possible for one to delete the files for recovery mode if he must have been using those files to acess the flash folders so he must be able to boot into recovery mode but he still cant for some reason.

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 04:14
Well I don't really have the receipt and it was a used game stop psp. I'd rather just fix it myself but if It comes to that i suppose i could try..... *wweeeeeeep*

Man
July 7th, 2007, 04:20
Installing modchips is a bitch, but if he really did brick it, theres always the PSP Re-Distrobution Center : http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=468591#post468591

cR@Zy!NgLi$h
July 7th, 2007, 12:30
A mate of mine tried to flash a "clean" flash0 to his PSP, but had all the files in a folder...

Naturally, the PSP couldn't find what it was looking for when booting, and died. No BSOD, no nothing.

So yes, when in recovery mode it is possible to delete vital files. Be careful.

Cloudhunter
July 7th, 2007, 13:07
Well I don't really have the receipt and it was a used game stop psp. I'd rather just fix it myself but if It comes to that i suppose i could try..... *wweeeeeeep*

Sorry, but the PSP = Dead.

Only way to fix would be with a modchip.

Cloudy

Safari Al
July 7th, 2007, 13:24
Yeah, Sorry but if flah0 is deleted then nothing will or should work.

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 21:31
What about that whole jigkick buisness?

splodger15
July 7th, 2007, 21:45
No released to public end of story on that

Cloudhunter
July 7th, 2007, 21:49
What about that whole jigkick buisness?

It is an internal Sony repair device and the story is over a year old. The leaked memory stick files are useless.

Cloudy

Man
July 8th, 2007, 19:00
My website http://freepspparts.co.nr/ is looking for bricked psps, its all free, and we get people to send us PSPs, and we part them out and send them to people who need parts, its all non-for-profit, and im just looking for support to get the site off the ground.

cataphrax
July 9th, 2007, 03:33
Well I'd love to help but It's not my psp and to be honest I think hes gonna try a modchip or return it to those suckers at gamestop.

ICE
July 9th, 2007, 04:37
hahahaha this is really funny. noobs. gotta love em!!

cataphrax
July 10th, 2007, 06:23
Hey, I know better than to delete flash folders, it's my friends psp.