PDA

View Full Version : Swap Exploit v2 Has been released

wraggster
June 16th, 2005, 01:52
The PSP Dev team have released a new version of their Exploit to enable 1.50 owners to use emulators and homebrew on the PSP. Heres whats new:

First version had a bug. It's fixed this time.
Linux version has been added too.

Download from our swap exploit page here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/SwapTrickExploitforPSP15.shtml

Please fully read manuals and report back to us if successful etc

ganon
June 16th, 2005, 02:11
read it on irc scene but i wonder whats the bug fix

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 02:19
Yeah, what's the difference between the first version?

slayer2psp
June 16th, 2005, 02:23
it still doesnt work ive tried all the snes emu doom tetris cant get any of them to load i get the swap thing on the ms1 but when i put in ms2 it just says cant load game. oh well ill just keep playing emu on my ngage at least it works

ganon
June 16th, 2005, 02:50
it still doesnt work ive tried all the snes emu doom tetris cant get any of them to load i get the swap thing on the ms1 but when i put in ms2 it just says cant load game. oh well ill just keep playing emu on my ngage at least it works

try carefully
and r u using vSun on your ngage

bure82
June 16th, 2005, 03:38
i could use it to load the emulator but now i have the neogeo pocket emu.....but i cant load any games.....help anyone....

Nebula0024
June 16th, 2005, 03:49
This is great! Had to use method "B" to get Snes9x going, but other than that it works really well. I've tested out Final Fantasy 3, Illusion of Gaia, and Zelda: Link to The Past and they all work almost flawlessly. Do take note that you will have to tweak some of the emulator settings by flicking the analog stick to the left when you get a game loaded in the emulator.
Set your frame skip settings to 4 or higher, sound to 22hz, and set the clock speed to 333mhz. You can also try turning transparency off to gain some performance but you will notice graphical errors.
Looking forward to upcoming releases of both the 1.5 swap trick and emulators. Good job to all those who worked so hard to bring us these programs!

slayer2psp
June 16th, 2005, 04:23
try carefully
and r u using vSun on your ngage
yes i am using vsun but it slow most games dont work but the mega drive mame and nes emu work real good on it. i must be real dumb i cant get anything to work i have read every thing about it but im having no luck at all the pbp converter makes the files smaller that seems wrong to me when i load up the ms2 and i dont do the swap i just look at it and it says corrupted data that also seems wrong to me if some on could send me the output folder for any thing they got to work that would be great [email protected]

Shannon
June 16th, 2005, 04:57
And what pray tell is Method "B"?

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 05:10
Check in the v1 release, it tells you the two methods. I use A though.

Shannon
June 16th, 2005, 05:36
Oh I thought Method "B" was just an explanation on how to do it manually and without the tool.

Cross
June 16th, 2005, 07:49
I still can't get metroid to work on it (SNES that is)

malachi
June 16th, 2005, 08:06
The linux version works fine. No problems.

I have had success with:
snes9x
nesterj
life
arkanoid
doom
lulines
chess
go
puyo

The only thing I have tried and been unable to get working is snes9x unofficial.

fnord

Twinal10
June 16th, 2005, 16:55
Yo this launcher dont work, its always corrupting the files, anybody else get that?

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 16:58
It's meant to. You need to use the swap method.

urherenow
June 17th, 2005, 06:40
I thought I made a reply to this already but it doesn't show my post?

I can verify that this works on a 1.0PSP and a 1.5PSP. It will not work on a 1.51 psp.
The official snes9x003a will play super metroid. The unofficial ones will not. Castlevania and SMW work.
The corrupted eboot.pbp is the important thing. Once you make one of the /ms1/eboot.pbp files, you can really use that same one to launch everything. Whatever directory that file is run from is where it will look for the (now currupted) eboot.pbp on your other memory card and run it for example on card 1 make psp/game/snes9x, psp/game/nesterj/ psp/game/mamepsp. Make the same directories in memory card 2. Use mswap on the epoot.pbp for the snes9x emu, and mswap makes the output/ms1 and output/ms2, both with an eboot.pbp file. in ms1, copy that eboot.pbp to all of those directories on card 1 (to save a few steps and card swapping). Swap cards and copy eboot.pbp from ms2 to snes9x on card 2. Run mswap on the remaining homebrew stuff and put the eboot.pbp from ms2 in the correct folder.

To run,
Insert card 1 (all games that show up will have the same exact name if you used the above method but you'll learn the order they are in quick enough) and highlight one of the launcher files that show up. Hit x (or O on a Japanese PSP, either 1.0 or 1.5). As soon as you hit the button, the startup music plays and you can swap cards. I'd say you have almost 10 seconds to do it.

GamerSJD
June 18th, 2005, 20:51
Yes I got my new memory card today and I got snes to work on my PSP. I hope the other teams are going to recreat ther emulators like Snes9x did so they work for the 1.5 users. In the meen time I'll enjoy my 130MB+ worth of roms. :)

ArchAngel
June 19th, 2005, 04:03
Remember, the directory on both Memory cards must be the same exact name
So it should be on Card 1 GAME>TEST>EBOOT.PBP and on Card 2 GAME>TEST>EBOOT.PBP, then from there just swap the cards from Card 1 to Card 2, easy!

*Sorry, just seen someone answered the question, but I just detailed one of the more important parts :P*

iwilleatyourheart
June 20th, 2005, 17:54
ok so after u do this for 1st time u gotta swap EVERY time after that (including 1st of course)??

btw im looking for a 1.0 i got jipped by a greedy little japanese seller on ebay lol look for my thread if u can help

johnnyonthespot09
June 22nd, 2005, 21:31
I have my 1.5 PSP and I've been trying really hard to get the thing to work. I've done the MSwap and everything and have both my memory cards set up. I've probably tried about 30 times with the swapping, but still haven't been able to run it. My folders are PSP>GAME>TEST>EBOOT.PDP . I've got the right files and everything on each card but I'm also wondering where the roms go. I only have Chrono Trigger on it in that TEST folder....is that where it's supposed to go? I set it as ROM.SMC because someone said that's what it has to be but still have had no luck. Please let me know any tips.

Black Panther
June 23rd, 2005, 15:24
i m lost can some 1 give me a step by step guide on how to put a homebrew ame Doom or any game on my psp 1.50

SuperNovaVII
June 23rd, 2005, 19:04
Any game?

RedKing14CA
July 6th, 2005, 19:47
you just use the kxploit thing, and use it on the pbp file, extracting to your psp using a usb cable....... you use the kbxploit program, and while your pc is conected to your psp, extract the two folders to yo memory stick , in the psp/game folder, if you search around these forums youll find a more detailed explanation as how to do this, im to busy to write something that long though...