PDA

View Full Version : quick daedalus question

bman10030
July 7th, 2007, 16:24
i finally found a purpose for my psp thats been gathering dust over the years--N64 emulation.

i just have one question: is it possible to run daedalus on firmware 3.03OE-C? or is it only for 1.5?

Gawker
July 7th, 2007, 16:50
The OE stands for Open edition and enables the PSP to run homebrew as if it were a straight up 1.5 system. That means that the software will run just fine on 3.03OE.

The only downside so far is that the N64 emulation isn't very compatible yet. Believe me, I'm waiting with bated breath for full speed N64 emulation myself currently but I am getting plenty of fun out of older systems and homebrew software as well in the meantime.

bman10030
July 7th, 2007, 17:04
oh ok thanks.

another question, which homebrew is better, 3.03OE or 3.40OE?

Gawker
July 7th, 2007, 17:11
Well first off I never worked with 3.03OE...I took my original 1.5 PSP straight to 3.340OE because I never knew about custom firmware until after it came out and didn't see the purpose in running old software.

Second I'm not entirely sure your question is even valid...the way I read it you are asking if homebrew for version 3.03 is any better or worse than homebrew for 3.40 and the answer is that all homebrew (well the eboot variety anyhow) is written for 1.5 and the all 3.03OE and 3.40OE does is allow you to run 1.5 stuff natively in 3.xx via multi-kernels. So there's no such thing as "homebrew FOR 3.whatever"

Also, since I went from 1.5 straight to 3.40OE I never did anything involving homebrew designed for running via the TIF exploits or flash stuff or whatever that was written for higher firmwares than 1.5 so I'm not going to be much help.

To sum up I see no reason to go 3.03OE over 3.40OE because obviously 3.40OE is newer and I don't know of anything it can't do that 3.03 could...(why would there be? it's only an updated version of the same thing)

jak66
July 7th, 2007, 17:17
Well first off I never worked with 3.03OE...I took my original 1.5 PSP straight to 3.340OE because I never knew about custom firmware until after it came out and didn't see the purpose in running old software.

Second I'm not entirely sure your question is even valid...the way I read it you are asking if homebrew for version 3.03 is any better or worse than homebrew for 3.40 and the answer is that all homebrew (well the eboot variety anyhow) is written for 1.5 and the all 3.03OE and 3.40OE does is allow you to run 1.5 stuff natively in 3.xx via multi-kernels. So there's no such thing as "homebrew FOR 3.whatever"

Also, since I went from 1.5 straight to 3.40OE I never did anything involving homebrew designed for running via the TIF exploits or flash stuff or whatever that was written for higher firmwares than 1.5 so I'm not going to be much help.

To sum up I see no reason to go 3.03OE over 3.40OE because obviously 3.40OE is newer and I don't know of anything it can't do that 3.03 could...(why would there be? it's only an updated version of the same thing)

there was a time when 3.10+ wasn't customisable, which is why people prefered 3.03OE over 3.10OE+

and homebrew compatability for both kernals (yes, there is 3.XX homebrew, although most 3.XX homebrew is just wifi apps using wifi security not in 1.5) is pretty much the same

conclusion: upgrade straight to 3.40 OE

Gawker
July 7th, 2007, 17:30
I sit corrected, but at least I acknowledged the fact that I knew diddly about what came between 1.5 and 3.40OE :)

Got linkage to this 3.5 homebrew stuff? I'm curious about it now.

bman10030
July 7th, 2007, 17:37
uh... ok?thanks?