PDA

View Full Version : Best Performing/Fastest SNES emulator?

Terial
June 16th, 2005, 03:25
I just got SNES9Xv0.03to work on my PSP *thanks god*
but it's a TAD slow in the battles and sound on Chrono Trigger.

what's the difference in the optimized SNES9X and new one released today?

Is there anything better about the UO version of SNESX9 now that the new official version is out that supposedly includes everything from the UO one?

thanks ^^

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 05:02
I've been using UO and its great. I can run Earthbound at perfect speed w/ sound. Let me try out Chrono Trigger now.

3rdamention
June 16th, 2005, 05:29
What is "UO"? I did not know there were any other SNES Emulators for PSP other than SNES9X

jonlad1
June 16th, 2005, 08:19
Will SNES/Megadrive emu's ever get to full speed with sound?
i got dead excited about the gp32 but i never played a genesis/snes emu which was full speed.
the psp rocks, but surely it must have enough power to run these emu's?

kudos to the guys working on them, dont mean to sound like a moaning minnie.

aseddon130
June 16th, 2005, 09:52
What is "UO"? I did not know there were any other SNES Emulators for PSP other than SNES9X

UO just means the UnOfficial release of SNES9X ... which allows for more tweaking with the game (or so i read)

Knightjoda
June 16th, 2005, 13:18
Will SNES/Megadrive emu's ever get to full speed with sound?

I am sure it won't be all that long. most if not all of the emulators for the PSP are ports. They simply haven't had time to fully optimize the code for new and unfamiliar hardware.

ptr.exe
June 16th, 2005, 16:03
but it's a TAD slow in the battles and sound on Chrono Trigger.

Well thats very impressive as dSNES for DC runs Chrono at about 78-82% in the battles.

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 17:05
Yeah, with UO it runs a tad slow. I think it was near perfect when I had sound and transparency off and running at 333Mhz