PDA

View Full Version : Help! Odd Dreamcast problem.

leathco
July 8th, 2007, 09:23
My system has an odd problem. I turn it on, and within seconds I lose audio and video. The power light to the console stays on, but all video and audio is lost. I can't even make it all the way through the bootup screen. I've checked all my cables already, so I really dunno what's causing it. It also seems that the GD-ROM drive spins up for just a second and then spins right back down. However, the cooling fan runs continually. Any ideas?

hexx27
March 25th, 2008, 00:53
I'm having the same problem. I know its not the common reset problem because i cleaned the pins. After that i tried covering them with a little solder to make them thicker and it still losses video.

Christuserloeser
March 28th, 2008, 21:38
Interesting. I never experienced nor heard about something like that. - Hopefully someone can help you guys!

hexx27
April 14th, 2008, 07:25
Ok, well I got a new DC so I could compare voltages. I found out as soon as the video cuts out on my broken one the voltage of the 12V pin drops to 10 to 11 volts.

On the working DC it stays at a constant 12V.

I'm not really sure what I could try on the PSU to fix the voltage problem. No capacitors are blow so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thanks!

ExcruciationX
April 14th, 2008, 08:00
WTF???

That's weird...

Guaripolo
April 14th, 2008, 22:19
i had the same troubles, i´ve fixed them cleaning the contacts of the power board and soldering it (no, in fact i´ve not solder it, i remember that put little pieces of wood -from wood matches-, but you can solder it yay!). In my case was a poor contact trouble.

NOTE: the symptoms in my console was that it started, then after 15 minutes or less the console restarts or just hangs...

Triv1um
April 15th, 2008, 00:54
This happens to be, because I snapped the fan cable.

Must of been shorting or something.

I still havent got a new one :(