PDA

View Full Version : C-Dogs to DC (HELP)

Eric
February 3rd, 2005, 14:12
Alright i asked for this game alongtime ago and it has already been ported to dreamcast but here is the problem. Well Kamjin is the one working on it and he has done a great job and has said it should have no problem but he has said there is a GCC error at conversion. Now i am not to sure if its GCC or something else i dont know what he called it cause i dont have the knowledge but i will learn on once i find out just incase a problem like this happens again. He said he is going to try and fix the problem cause he said it might be just one little thing. I was just wondering if there is any coders out there who can help him out. This is a one of a kind port and i hope that the admins and coders wont mind if i put this in here.

Thanks

Eric

GPF
February 5th, 2005, 06:45
whats the error message? or the problem?

Troy

Kamjin
February 5th, 2005, 07:21
No error messages.. On the PC side I'm able to compile (under Watcom) but it fails under GCC. I know what the problem is. I've hit this a couple times when porting watcom/borland stuff to GCC.
The compiler is making/not making assumptions on casting vars & pointers, so it blows up in when I compile w/ GCC..
I wasn't completely clear when I mentioned this to Eric ;) It's just really tedious in going through all the sections I assume are failing, and manually putting the casts, f's and decimals. It's more like dominos than a problem..

Eric
February 5th, 2005, 07:41
i'm sorry man you know that i'm no good in that area just giving information about games that are portable

Eric

Kamjin
February 5th, 2005, 07:51
It's no problem..
I really liked that gauntlet style game you found.. kind of a shame it's in that it's written in ruby..

Eric
February 5th, 2005, 07:56
yeah it is a shame it looked pretty interesting just by looking at it i thought it wasnt portable just cause the graphics looks pretty polished and the fact that it was written in ruby. I have no clue what the heck that is but there is alot of other good ones here that you and others will enjoy