PDA

View Full Version : my psp got bricked thinking to buy a new one

kjetil1991
July 8th, 2007, 20:34
its strange.. the theme worked the first time but when booted it again nothing works just black screen and the screen does not turn even the light on
i wonder what system software they sell i hope not 3.51 i live in norway so does anybody know???

xg917
July 8th, 2007, 20:57
weird, did you try taking the battery out and letting your psp cool off for a while. then try to run the recovery mode?
if you do need a new psp then getting one in stores should have 2.71.. at least where i live they have 2.71

ExcruciationX
July 8th, 2007, 21:37
Leave the battery out for a few hours and then put it back in. If it does not boot up, then try holding the R button on a cold boot (this starts recovery mode).

If none of these options work, then it's bricked.

EDIT: Look at the time I posted!

kjetil1991
July 9th, 2007, 05:45
i have leaved the battery for 7 hours its a brick nothing lights up when i turn it on its just the green led should i buy a modchip? or is that for just pro hackers? i will try to cool it in 24 hours

l33t_haxz0r
July 9th, 2007, 06:01
Leave the battery out for a few hours and then put it back in. If it does not boot up, then try holding the R button on a cold boot (this starts recovery mode).

If none of these options work, then it's bricked.

EDIT: Look at the time I posted!

yeah.. that's strange

back on topic, if you can't boot in recovery I'd just buy a new PSP, better luck next time.

mike_jmg
July 10th, 2007, 23:05
Have you tried to use recovery mode?

kjetil1991
July 12th, 2007, 10:19
yes its dead no sound from the umd drive nothing its completly dead=(