PDA

View Full Version : Is there a N64 and PS1 emu in the works?

JcBoyCool
June 16th, 2005, 12:17
Im just wondering because that would be the best.

Amiga
June 16th, 2005, 12:53
I think there might be a ps1 ,but i wouldnt hold your breath though.

Knightjoda
June 16th, 2005, 13:07
I suppose a playstation emulator would be theoreticly possible. I believe its core proc was only 33mhz, however the snes isn't perfected yet so I would guess a useful playstation emulator would be a while. As far as the N64 I just don't see that happening in any really playable fashion. It took a long time to get a good N64 emu on a at the time powerful PC and even then the compatability wasn't exactly great.

nexis2600
June 16th, 2005, 18:11
I suppose a playstation emulator would be theoreticly possible. I believe its core proc was only 33mhz, however the snes isn't perfected yet so I would guess a useful playstation emulator would be a while. As far as the N64 I just don't see that happening in any really playable fashion. It took a long time to get a good N64 emu on a at the time powerful PC and even then the compatability wasn't exactly great.

Actualy a ps1 & n64 emulator would benifit on the psp the most. All 3 systems ran on mips processors so if an emulator was writen from the ground up on the psp it would be very doable and run at a nice framerate. A quick port of a pc emulator though will lead to horible framerate.

The big thing holding both back is the fact we know nothing about the GPU. If all 3d can be handled with the systems hardware insted of software rendered then some decent spee can come about.

ganon
June 16th, 2005, 20:02
n64 analogue stick > psp analogue stick

J sims
June 16th, 2005, 21:08
How long does it take to build an emulator from the ground up?

orochi-x
June 16th, 2005, 21:09
The only setback would be the PSP's lack of buttons compared to both PS1 and N64 although it could be worked around i suppose.

AirRaven
June 16th, 2005, 21:43
How long does it take to build an emulator from the ground up?
Quite a while, I'd imagine.