PDA

View Full Version : 512mb sandisk buggerd!

Amiga
June 16th, 2005, 16:58
Just saving a state on snes emulator and my recently purchased sandisk memory stick pro duo now no longers works :(
it lasted a grand total of 12days.

Thats £60 gone down the drain :(

I think ill stick with SONY next time.

gam3r
June 16th, 2005, 17:19
if it helps mate, you can get a sony one for 40 quid over at play :) Thats where mines from

Greensprout
June 16th, 2005, 17:47
if it helps mate, you can get a sony one for 40 quid over at play :) Thats where mines from

I got mine for £33 inc P&P from EBay (HK)

Why not take the memory card back to where you bought it from?

Amiga
June 16th, 2005, 19:33
I have no receipt ,so i'm now in a bad mood :)
I got it from PC world, not the brightest thing to do in the first place .

shizzle
June 16th, 2005, 21:29
if its san disk then it comes with a 5 year warranty

azn_hardc0r3
June 16th, 2005, 22:22
so does that mean that snes emulator can possibly f up your memory stick?

Amiga
June 16th, 2005, 23:27
I've gone back to my 32mb sony stick and tried to bugger it up with snes ,but is made of sturner stuff than sandisk

So its just crappy crappy crappy sandisk,i should of payed the extra tenner for a sony stick.

Polymira
June 16th, 2005, 23:56
Have you attempted to format the MS? And if it didn't work in the psp, go out and buy a cheap usb 2.0 MS card reader .... i promise it will work once you format it again =)

rydo88
June 16th, 2005, 23:58
I've had one for months and had no problems (maybe yours is fake?)

Greensprout
June 17th, 2005, 00:10
I've had one for months and had no problems (maybe yours is fake?)

As if PC World are going to sell fake ones.. lol

Jeisu
June 17th, 2005, 00:37
Wouldn't be surprised if you saved it then pulled the stick out. Saving stuff then removing the info while during data writing will mess up your stick. If you mess it up, and it becomes an I/O error, then you need to format it to fix it.

Knightjoda
June 17th, 2005, 01:59
Thats odd, I've had a sandisk 512 ever since I got my PSP (day of the US release) and I've been replaying FFIV on snes9x for hours saving many times and I haven't had a problem at all. good luck with getting it fixed/replaced.

Amiga
June 17th, 2005, 16:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wouldn't be surprised if you saved it then pulled the stick out. Saving stuff then removing the info while during data writing will mess up your stick. If you mess it up, and it becomes an I/O error, then you need to format it to fix it."

No, i didnt take the MS out ,i'm not thick :D
Ill buy a MS reader and try and format it .

thanks everyone for you ideas.

aseddon130
June 18th, 2005, 18:40

hey mate is this the one you got, if it is thats a good price and im gonna get one, just wanna check if its the same one and i dont get one that doesnt work with the PSP ... since i read that some are incompatible or somethin ...

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&page=title&r=ELEC&title=647251

Drift
June 18th, 2005, 19:16
I ordered one of those on Wednesday, should be fine for PSP. That price is an absolute steal for a Sony branded one.