PDA

View Full Version : SNES Games and Emulators, what works and what doesn't.

Cross
June 16th, 2005, 16:50
I have made a New Thread due to Waggster telling me the title could not be updated tp reflect the new additions. :D

Ok here’s the massive update I promised. As far as Games/ROMs compatibility look below for what’s working on each EMU and what’s not. It is an on going test and some of the games I do not have so they have to be updated by those trying to play them. I will try to keep things as updated as possible though so keep checking back and if you find out before I do, let me know :D .

A Huge THANKS to all EMU creators and developers as well as all developers for the PSP, without you I def would not enjoy my PSP as much as I do now!

Now first I want to add the EMU's that are available and how they stack up outside of my personal thoughts on them. I am also expanding to include the NES EMU's and hopefully soon the Sega EMU's.

On the NES EMU's I am not aware of any games not running correctly, if we need a compatibility list for that system just indicate as such and I will get it under way.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok lets get the ball rolling, first to the Super Nintendo. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many have asked what settings to use for the best performance. Now there are many settings used to attain good speed and game play. I personally have discovered the following with all EMU's on the Super Nintendo Side;

Frame Skip @ 3 (Any higher then this will make effects such as laser blasts, flashes, etc not appear as well as when your character is hit; if they flash when damaged, most of the time they just completely disappear if the Frame Skip is above 3) I have tried Auto Frame Skip and still prefer the manual method...it just seems to work better.

CPU set at 333mhz (Let me clear this up for those who would ask, The PSP comes UNDERCLOCKED!! at 222mhz. It is made to run at 333mhz but that drains the battery much faster and so Sony Underclocked the PSP's Processor to increase battery life. In all actuality you are not overclocking the processor or harming it, the CPU and all its components were made to run at 333mhz from the day it was made, but since Sony locked it at 222mhz until better batteries are available (And until Gran Turismo 4 comes to PSP) we have to manually turn it back up to the normal speed. So do not be concerned with using this option. However as the PSP EMU's progress you might find that you do not need to clock as high which will help get you better battery life (Or just buy the new battery).

Sound pushed up in RPGs between 1.2 and 1.4 (This is for UO SNES9x ONLY)

Graphics upped no further then 1.2 - 1.3 (I found errors in some games when using this, the screen would become distorted, Final Fantasy 3/6 is a good example of this. Again this is only for UO SNES9x)

Sound @ 44k (Dropping to 22k is an option but in every game that I tried it I did not see any increase in speed nor did the frame rate counter go up any. Again a UO SNES option only.)

Transparency On (While turning it off does give you 1-3 more frames, 9 times out of 10 it also drops parts of the game. In Chrono Trigger its mainly just graphics effects on special attacks however in Zelda you have to run Transparency, unless you like not seeing the ground at times lol. Personally for the small gain I found using the graphics speed up more effective then losing transparency and recommend learning to use that instead and leaving this on.)

First We have the U.O. Super Nintendo Release (UO SNES9x) (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unofficialsnes9xpsp.shtml)

This Emulator was made by: PSP Wiki/ Y

This is a port of SNES9x to the PSP. It is the most frequently updated of the SNES Emulators. It also sports the most options for controlling your games.
Personally I feel this to be the best EMU available for Super Nintendo Emulation, however it does not play all games. Corrections are being made but there are still problems (see the compatibility list below) Make sure your game(s) is not on the list! We try to keep it as updated as possible. I would recommend this EMU to all users as it gives you all the options you could need and is updated almost daily.

Those options include:
Graphics and Sound controls (These allow you to speed up the Sound and or Graphics up to 3 times there normal speed to help compensate if you feel they are falling behind)
Auto Frame Skip as well as Manual Frame Skip.
Screen Size Changes to include 4:3, Full Screen Width x2 and more.
Sound Options include Turning On and Off as well as Quality level.
Transparency can be Turned On and Off.
PSP CPU Processor Overclocking up to 333mhz
Freeze States

Second We have SNES9x .003a (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snes9xpsp.shtml)

This Emulator was made by: PSP Wiki/ Bifuteki

This is a port of SNES9x to the PSP. This EMU is the most Compatible of all Super Nintendo Emulators. It plays most every game. If you have a game listed on the NON-Working Side of UO SNES then I recommend using this EMU. It has a lot of the features of the UO release but not all of them. The EMU is not updated as often as UO but it seems to get an update every so often.

The options of this EMU are as follows:
Auto Frame Skip as well as Manual Frame Skip.
Screen Size Changes to include 4:3, Full Screen Width x2.
Sound Options include Turning On and Off.
Transparency can be Turned On and Off.
PSP CPU Processor Overclocking up to 333mhz
Freeze States

Work in Progress and Early Emulators
Optimized SNES9x (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snes9xoptimised.shtml); This EMU has not seen an update for awhile and does not include many of the functions of the above EMU's.
This Emulator was made by: Yoshihiro

Super Nintendo ROMs Compatibility:
Ok guys I decided that I am going to go through the games I have and post what does not work with which EMU's. Now of course the games like MMX3 and MMX2 (That’s Mega Man X 2-3 for those who did not know) will not work because of there graphics requirements.
Anyway this will go by release and for now I will list what Does not work so far and what I have tested. If anyone wants to help, thanks!

UO SNES 002y16:

Working:
*Romancing Saga 3 English Version (Working but text is either cut off or jumbled)
*Rudra's Treasure/Rudora No Hihou English Version (Working but text is either cut off or jumbled)
*Star Ocean English Version (For some odd reason it shows japanese character text even though it's the translated English rom)
*Seiken Densetsu 3 English Version (Working but text is either cut off or jumbled)
*Rockman and Forte English Version (For some odd reason it shows japanese character text even though it's the translated English rom)
*Radical Dreamers English Version
*Contra 3
*Tales of Phantasia English Version (slow/works but I didn't check to see if *there was any text problems)
*Earthbound
*Killer Instinct
*Lethal Weapon (works, but has gfx glitches)
*Super Punchout
*Tiny Toons
*Mortal Kombat 2
*Cool Spot
*Fatal Fury
*Final Fight
*Mega Man X
*Mega Man 7
*Final Fantasy 5
*Final Fantasy 2
*Final Fantasy 3
*Chrono Trigger
*Illusion of Gaia
*Breath of Fire
*Breath of Fire 2
*The Legend of Zelda (A Link to the Past)
*Secret of Mana
*Sim City
*Star Fox
*Super Mario RPG
*Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
*Terranigma
*Looney Tunes B-Ball (character selection screwed up, fram skip of 3 works)
*Troddlers (sounds TERRIBLE, without sound - works perfectly)
*Kirby's Avalanche (sound misstimed, graphics very nice)
*TMNT 4: turtles in Time (graphics choppy occ.)
*Joe and Mac: Cavemen Ninja
*Wario's Woods (playable, but slow. sound garbled)
*Super Metroid
*Super Mario Kart
*Super Mario All Stars + World
*UniRacers
*Earthbound
*Earthworm Jim
*Sailor Moon Another Story
*7th Saga
*Act Raiser 2
*Bastard
*Castlevania IV
*Donkey Kong Country
*Donkey Kong Country 2
*Dragonball Z Hyper Dimension
*EVO
*Final Fight
*Illusion of Time
*Kirby's Dream Course (Plays Nice)
*Kirby Super Star
*Lufia
*Lufia II
*Metal Warriors
*Mortal Kombat 3
*Populous
*Sailor Fuwa(?)
*Sailor Moon R
*Sailor Moon SuperS (Vol2)
*Secret of Evermore
*Secret of the Stars
*Shadowrun
*Sailor Moon S
*Soul Blazer
*Star Ocean (sound goes out when you enter town after loading a save state)
*Super Bomberman 1
*Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts
*Super Nova
*Super Punchout (100% Playable)
*Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
*Tales of Phantasia
*Terranigma
*Yu Yu Hakusho: Hakusho Tokubehuten
*Zombies Ate My Neighbors
*Gundam Wing Endless Duel

Not Working:
*Mega Man X2 (Due to Graphics EMU Chips in Game itself (Known as C4 Emulation))
*Mega Man X3 (Due to Graphics EMU Chips in Game itself (Known as C4 Emulation))
*Star Trek TNG (Resets system)
*Bahamut Lagoon English Version
*Clock Tower English Version
*Harvest Moon
*Jurassic Park 2 (Froze PSP?)
*Panic in Nakayosi Land (Froze PSP?)
*Shadowrun
*Stargate
*Yoshy Island

SNES9x 0.003a:

Working:
*Stargate
*Mega Man Soccer
*Mega Man X
*Mega Man 7
*Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
*Final Fantasy 5
*Final Fantasy 3
*Final Fantasy 2
*Chrono Trigger
*Illusion of Gaia
*Breath of Fire
*Breath of Fire 2
*The Legend of Zelda (A Link to the Past)
*Secret of Mana
*Ninja Gaiden Trilogy
*Sailor Moon Fighting game
*Star Trek TNG (Sound is really...weird though)
*Sim City
*Star Fox (which I did not expect)
*Super Mario RPG
*Super Mario Kart (Really slow though)
*Super Metroid
*Super Mario All Stars + World
*Tales of Phantasia English Translation (Awesome Speed)
*Dragonball Z: Super Saijian Saga (?English Translation?)
*Kirby's Avalanche
*Kirby's Dreamcourse
*Tetris Attack
*Lufia 2 (Perfect Speed with full screen)
*Bahamut Lagoon English Translation (Kinda slow with Transparancy)
*Street Fighter 2 Black Belt Edition (Very Slow)
*Secret of Mana 2
*Super Strike Eagle

Not Working:
*Mega Man X2 (Due to Graphics EMU Chips in Game itself (Known as C4 Emulation))
*Mega Man X3 (Due to Graphics EMU Chips in Game itself (Known as C4 Emulation))

Also Big Thanks to Zeno and WikiGamers for the Site Thread made for this purpose as well, couldn't have gotten this far without you!
Super Nintendo Games Listing (http://www.rebirthseph.noobify.com/wikigamers/index.php?title=SNES_emu)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Up is the Nintendo System Emulation---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Emulator settings on the Nintendo:
You can attain full speed with a max overclock of 270mhz (With NesterJ). While you do not have to overclock with most games I have found that using 270mhz seems to handle every game I have thrown at it at 50fps or above most of the time to include Mario 3. You can max it to the full 333mhz if you want but I just set mine to 270mhz and leave it there. In a few games as with my original Nintendo when to many characters hit the screen the game seem to have a split second lag but I found no difference at 333mhz in those games and since they happened on the original system I just wrote them off as being maxed for the limits of the system itself (The Nintendo that is).
(Let me clear this up for those who would ask, The PSP comes UNDERCLOCKED!! at 222mhz. It is made to run at 333mhz but that drains the battery much faster and so Sony Underclocked the PSP's Processor to increase battery life. In all actuality you are not overclocking the processor or harming it, the CPU and all its components were made to run at 333mhz from the day it was made, but since Sony locked it at 222mhz until better batteries are available (And until Gran Turismo 4 comes to PSP) we have to manually turn it back up to the normal speed. So do not be concerned with using this option. However as the PSP EMU's progress you might find that you do not need to clock as high which will help get you better battery life (Or just buy the new battery).

As for Sound I ran at 44k all the time no problems. (NesterJ)

On Graphics I did full screen again with no problems. (NesterJ)

The first and most widely used Nintendo Emulator is Nester J (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/nesterjpsp.shtml)

This Emulator was made by: (PSP Wiki) Ruka

This Emulator gets updated Often and seems to sport the most Features. It runs games at Full Speed with the settings mentioned above and supports Full Screen Emulation. There don't seem to be any known game problems with this Emulator that I have found.

Its Options and Features include:
Processor Overclocking
Sound Quality Changes and Options
Graphics Sizes to include Width x2, Normal and Full Screen
Freeze States

Second we have NES for PSP (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/nesforpsp.shtml)

This Emulator was made by: REi (PSP Wiki)

This Emulator is Updated, just not as often as Nester J. I have yet to load it myself as I started out with NesterJ and loved it. I am now working on loading this Emulator to see its features and how it stacks up!

Third We have Famicontest (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/famicontest.shtml) (Also known as InfoNES for PSP)

This Emulator was made by: PSP Wiki

This Emulator does not seem to be well known or updated at all since its release here on DCEMU. Since PSP Wiki has been in every project above I believe it has a good foundation but why it has not seen any updates I can only Guess that Wiki has gone on to other projects and let the two above take over.

Next We have the Sega Genesis Emulators (Including MegaDrive and Game Gear)---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please see Next Page

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 16:59
Huh, under UO, Super Mario All Stars + World was working for me. Super Metroid was not.

Cross
June 16th, 2005, 17:10
really, I will try it again this afternoon, I have to run to a meeting here. I wish Metroid did I liked the graphics/sound speed changes lol.

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 17:13
Yeah, after work I'll test a bunch more games. I've been playing Earthbound and SM:Another Story. So you could edit those into your working UO list.

aseddon130
June 16th, 2005, 17:15
Donkey Kong Country (Shock Horror - was expecting this to NOT work)
Killer Instinct (bit slow, but tweaked config made it playable)
Lethal Weapon (works, but has gfx glitches)
Super Punchout (PERFECT - not much tweaking either)
Tiny Toons (too slow - upped the Mhz to 266 and i got around 16FPS)
MegaMan VII (bit slow)
Zelda III (works fine with a lil tweaking in the settings)
Mortal Kombat 2 (bit slow, lil faster w/o sound)
Cool Spot (runs ok)
Fatal Fury (Bit laggy and slow)
Final Fight (Too Slow)

used with the UO SNES EMU ... Mario AllStars + World DOES NOT WORK with the UO one, but if you get the games separately then it works perfectly (ish)

Greensprout
June 16th, 2005, 17:45
Probably a stupid question..

How do I tweak the settings on the Snes emulator?
I can do it on the Nes one with the 'L' button but can't do it for the Snes..

Help!

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 17:50
What I've done is added a page for this on WikiGamers, I feel it'll be easier where we can all edit one page without it being a post etc.

http://www.rebirthseph.noobify.com/wikigamers/index.php?title=SNES_emu

I've added some games that worked for me.

Cross
June 16th, 2005, 22:06
I added the updates, i am not familure with the new SNES9x for 1.50 what do u guys think of it? any changes from .003a or UO y11? Also the optimized version, maybe I have not paid any atten but hows that compaired to y11 or .003a?

Cross
June 16th, 2005, 22:10
Ok I am going to try the new y11j3 that wicka just posted and update to the new version listing here. I hope it works so far it has been my pref choice.

Cross
June 16th, 2005, 23:11
It seems that reports of not being able to access the menu for changing settings is a problem in y11j3 I have not gotten to it yet I was finishing my testing on other games I added to the .003a side.

Cross
June 17th, 2005, 02:58
Ok I finished testing y11j3 SNESUO. It still does not play either Metroid or Mario All Stars I also tried Star Trek with no luck it actually reset the system.

I will try the other games I have listed and see where I end up. I have yet to try them all after Star Trek TNG reset the PSP. I sure hope UO gets this problem corrected soon. My personal Opinion of it is that it can be the fastest since u can speed up sound etc. Its probably not but its nice for the sound not to sound as slow lol. Makes it harder to feel like things are not at full speed.

On another note has anyone gotten a battery life report on the system running 333? I would not think it to be that big of a draw so I have some questions after yesterday.

1) I went down to no bars yesterday, I was loading games to the PSP via USB for awhile, playing NES and then SNES and putting it in sleep mode. Is this normal Battery life? I have never had a problem with UMD games and getting that low nor watching music video's? Am I missing something? Or is it because I leave a UMD in does it access it every so often? I don't feel it doing so so I can only assume that its;
A) Running at 333 while in sleep mode which is much like windows suspend mode and not like hybernate or Mac OS Sleep mode.

or

B) I don't know something...very possible

So anyone elses battery life info would help and some info here so I know if I need to kill the EMU's instead of putting them to sleep because they use to much power in sleep mode or if its something else.

Thanks guys! I can't get enough of this system now ^-^

raven369
June 17th, 2005, 04:31
List for Snes9x 0.02y11

Not Working:

Bahamut Lagoon English Version
Clock Tower English Version

Working:

Romancing Saga 3 English Version (Working but text is either cut off or jumbled)
Rudra's Treasure/Rudora No Hihou English Version (Working but text is either cut off or jumbled)
Star Ocean English Version (For some odd reason it shows japanese character text even though it's the translated English rom)
Seiken Densetsu 3 English Version (Working but text is either cut off or jumbled)
Rockman and Forte English Version (For some odd reason it shows japanese character text even though it's the translated English rom)

Radical Dreamers English Version (A bit slow but still works great!)
Super Mario RPG (slow but it works)
Contra 3 (slow but works)
Tales of Phantasia English Version (slow/works but I didn't check to see if there was any text problems)

I hope they fix this text problem. I want to play my rpgs. :p

Cross
June 17th, 2005, 06:23
You should try the .003a release for rpgs. It seems to play the ones UO unfortantly does not play. Thats how I seem to have FF3 and Metroid running. I need to try FF3 on UO. Anyway I am sure the developers are working on it. I know they have done great things for us so far ^-^

Zeno
June 17th, 2005, 06:33
Tested out another set of games. Updated at http://www.rebirthseph.noobify.com/wikigamers/index.php?title=SNES_emu
Feel free to append your own list there.

I've also linked back to this PSP webpage.

Cross
June 17th, 2005, 06:37
I thought it was a webpage, did u want me to email u keep updating them here? Sorry I just wasn't sure and I thought that it was a website... checking again lol.

Zeno
June 17th, 2005, 17:14
Yeah it's a website. But anyone can edit the page without even signing up. Just click the edit button near the top. I just thought it'd be easier than editing a post because the post can drop off the first page and so on. Plus it's real easier and quick to edit.

Cross
June 18th, 2005, 17:24
I will add some updates to night. I started the new front frame project on my car along with a lot of other mods (Cams, Clutch, tranny, Handling, etc) For my car. Its going to be a long weekend because I have to be finished by Monday.

xuphorz
June 18th, 2005, 18:53
uo snes9x

Working (frame skip of 2, 333mhz, 1.5 graphic and sound, 22kh sound)

Terranigma - (Works on all, slow during boss fights, transparency off)
Looney Tunes B-Ball - (character selection screwed up, fram skip of 3 works)
Troddlers - (sounds TERRIBLE, without sound - works perfectly)
Kirby's Avalanche - (sound misstimed, graphics very nice)
TMNT 4: turtles in Time - (graphics choppy occ.)
Joe and Mac: Cavemen Ninja -(works near perfectly, tranparency off)
Cool Spot - (same settings as Zelda, works nicely)
Wario's Woods - (playable, but slow. sound garbled)

Not Working
Kirby's Dream Course

Cross
June 19th, 2005, 21:14
Updated thanks for the help guys, I am still working on my car, the new frames in place. if you look on Car Domain.com for user Wafflecross thats me, as u can see on page 7 we have been doing a lot and now I am on my own to finish so I have to get back to work on it.

ArchAngel
June 19th, 2005, 21:43
Tales of Phantasia English Translation (Awesome Speed)
DBZ : Super Saijian Saga (?English Translation?)
FF 2-6
Kirby's Avalanche
Kirby's Dreamcourse
Tetris Attack
Lufia 2 (Perfect Speed with full screen)
Bahamut Lagoon English Translation (Kinda slow with Transparancy)
Illusion of Gaia
Super Mario RPG (Slow with everything off)
Super Mario All Stars + World (Perfect Speed)
Chrono Trigger (Kinda slow for me)
Megaman X1 (Ok Speed)
Megaman 7 (Ok Speed)
Megaman X3 (LOTS OF GRAPHICAL PROBLEMS, WORKS UNTIL START)
Street Fighter 2 Black Belt Edition (Very Slow)
Secret of Mana (Alright Speed)
Secret of Mana 2 (Same as first)
Zelda : A link to the past (start doesnt work without transparancy, very slow)
Super Strike Eagle (Slow)
Star Fox (Very Slow)
All with SNES9x (Not UO)

F34R
June 19th, 2005, 22:55
archangel, what settings are you using, as well as version number ?

ArchAngel
June 20th, 2005, 06:00
All of my listings are latest Version of SNES9x, and all of them are with all settings turned off with normal screen size. If I changed any settings then they are listed next to the rom name.

brandnewnes
June 20th, 2005, 18:20
where can i download the games to work on the psp v. 1.5?

F34R
June 21st, 2005, 01:01
All of my listings are latest Version of SNES9x, and all of them are with all settings turned off with normal screen size. If I changed any settings then they are listed next to the rom name.

Thanks for the info... I kinda hate playing w/o the sound.. but until its been optimized, i'll live.

ArchAngel
June 21st, 2005, 02:53
W/O sound isnt so bad, but transparancy can be annoying, such as for Bahamut Lagoon, the only way to know where you're going is with transparancy. So I guess the only thing left to do is wait :/

F34R
June 21st, 2005, 03:02
I am willing to do that... these programmers are simply amazing in what they have accomplished so far with these emus. Give it time, we'll be pleased with the progress.

Cross
June 21st, 2005, 06:06
Yup, give them time and deal with frame skipping and u'll be ok ^-^

ArchAngel
June 21st, 2005, 07:45
I never use frame skipping, Id rather go without sound and transparancy and a small screen before I deal with something similar to lag all the time... the 2nd most annoying thing in the world.

Cross
June 21st, 2005, 07:52
As long as I stay below 3 I don't really notice it. Honestly its faster and seems just the same as with it off (minus the extra slowness with out it. lol)

Cross
June 24th, 2005, 19:47
Ok guys, sorry for my tardyness, I have been testing but I had to finish my car. i decided to completely redo this thread today and make it a full guide to the SNES EMU's, installing and the Homebrew 9 install program so giveb me about 3 hours to load pics, etc and we should have a good guide for those who are new to the scene and the information to help them choose the correct EMU!

Galaxy4504
June 26th, 2005, 05:38
I have found yet another game that works with recent release of snes9x for psp. While settings are original the game runs slow but it does run. but it runs perfectly when the psp is clocked to 333 Mghz, and Frame Skip is set to 2 and transparency is off. ooops in original post forgot to say what game. UniRacers!

Kaiser
June 26th, 2005, 06:58
Just getting into getting snes emulation on PSP. So what is currently the best emulator when it comes to stability,speed and game support?

ArugulaZ
June 26th, 2005, 07:40
I like uoSNES9x myself. Give that one a try first, then experiment with the other Super NES emulators available.

JR

Cross
June 26th, 2005, 08:04
Sorry for the delay I just got home, appartently my new tranny...is not so new...its almost dead actually...so wonderful to find out so I have been dealing with that. I have the write up...partally done. I will try to finish it tomorrow while the wifes out with her parents doing the curch thing. I am going to take a morning to myself.

Cross
June 28th, 2005, 17:36
Ok guys I have finished the Super NES section and I am working on the NES section. I should be finished in the next Half hour. I am always rechecking for spelling...it seems to happen every so often lol. :p So we will see how this goes over with everyone ^-^

Cross
June 28th, 2005, 19:29
Ok NES section added. I need to update it and again if theres any Game problems let me know. I am getting ready to start the Gen EMU scene next and then the GB-GBA Scene next.

Cross
June 28th, 2005, 20:25
Zeno's list hasd been updated as has mine, Thanks to Zeno for all the help with this thread and to everyone who has posted with game tests. Its great to get this far with your help!!!!!

Cross
June 30th, 2005, 16:05
Sega Section added and links, information coming next!

link
July 9th, 2005, 14:47
IF ANYONE CAN GET SECRET OF MANA 2 WORKING PROPERLY IN ENGLISH WITHOUT THE CUT OFFS AND JUMBLED TEXT PLEASE EMAIL ME, I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A WEEK TO GET IT WORKING ON MY PSP BUT NONE OF THE EMULATORS WORK WITH IT EITHER THAT OR MY ROMS DODGEY.....
IF YOU CAN I'D BE VERY GRATEFUL, CHEERS

[email protected]

Cross
July 9th, 2005, 14:56
Yikes, caps lock is on.

Have you tried the screen versions that use BL (It will say Full BL, etc)

link
July 9th, 2005, 16:02
what versions that?

i have almost 10 different snes emulators all from psp hacker and none of them can get secret of mana 2 working properly, all i need to know is what emulator works with it, and mean in full readable english someone said
snes9x v0.03a but that didn't help.....
aarrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

please, someone must know,
i mean this is the best game on the snes whats taking people so long, it works fine on pc and mac emulators.

link
July 9th, 2005, 16:43
secret of mana 2 does not work properly on any of the emulators when on psp the 0.03a version doesn't make a difference, if anybody can find an emulator which gets it working in full english for psp please post on this site or email me....

Cross
July 9th, 2005, 21:56
I think most everyone is reporting that ROM's that are translated are all reverting to their original language when played on any version of SNES for PSP.

ChrisKahn
July 10th, 2005, 09:32
On the snes9x list of working snes games supermario all star + world was on there. Which means the game works right? But on the snes9x for PC , the yoshi island rom requires force mode 2 in order for it to play. So when i try playing the rom on my psp, it doesnt work because you cannot choose force mode 2 on the snes9x for the psp. Does anyone have a working yoshi island rom for the psp cause i cant find one. i only have the one that needs force mode 2 and that wont work on the psp. Thanks.

link
July 10th, 2005, 14:18
Snes 9x Ver 22 Works With Every Rom Available Other Than Clocktower(japanese) Even Secret Of Mana 2(translated)which You Have To Change The Screen Size To Either Of The Hi-res Modes,
And Yes Also Yoshis Island,
The Emulator Is Available At Psp Hacker, But Is Only Under The Pre Made E Boots 1.5 Section
This Area Of The Website Only Deals With Psp's With 1.5 But The Emulators Are Simply Amazing, Much Better Than The Ones From Their Main Website.
The Emulators There Seem To Be Updated Every Day With Small Tweeks,
All Of Them Are Homebrew Updates Of Existing Versions(i Think)
Snes9x Ver. 22 Gets Everything Running Well.
Shame About Gba Though....
Someone Will Get It Done Though

link
July 10th, 2005, 14:20
Snes 9x Ver 22 Works With Every Rom Available Other Than Clocktower(japanese) Even Secret Of Mana 2(translated)which You Have To Change The Screen Size To Either Of The Hi-res Modes,
And Yes Also Yoshis Island,
The Emulator Is Available At Psp Hacker, But Is Only Under The Pre Made E Boots 1.5 Section
This Area Of The Website Only Deals With Psp's With 1.5 But The Emulators Are Simply Amazing, Much Better Than The Ones From Their Main Website.
The Emulators There Seem To Be Updated Every Day With Small Tweeks,
All Of Them Are Homebrew Updates Of Existing Versions(i Think)
Snes9x Ver. 22 Gets Everything Running Well.
Shame About Gba Though....
Someone Will Get It Done Though
For Roms- Snesorama- Every Game Bar One Or Two

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 14:25
Yes it works, has for awhile now, that and Super Metroid were big ones everyone was waiting on, although I must say I was supprised to find out MMX2 and MMX3 were working since they needed C4 Emulation, good stuff!!!

As for SofM2 it seems that above the gentleman has tried it (I have not I only have SofM 1) If you change the Screen to the BL screen types. On the other site he is ref. to I spend my time mainly here so I can not tell you anything on those EMU's. Although UO is at y25 not y22, which gets updated mostly every day.

link
July 10th, 2005, 14:55
this versions the official homebrew version, i think it's now at ver.23 i'm not too sure,
all i can say is that i recommend it to anyone with game problems or framerate issues,
plus the background startup menu has super mario world playing in small screen besides an excellent picture of mario whilst the theme tune plays(wow)
uo is at 25 but still has a few issues, mainly sofm2 clocktower and some versions of sunset riders, it also has an occasional drop in framerate in certain games.

Cross
July 10th, 2005, 17:04
I would not mind looking at it then, yu said these were where? Do u have a direct link?

link
July 11th, 2005, 18:05
the latest snes9x homebrew,
it's at psp hacker but you have to have a psp 1.5 version(i think)
i'm shocked that you don't know about psp hacker by now,
it's by far the best website for updates and news,
www.pspupdates.com

go to the forums section
under homebrew software discussion
in the download pre-made eboot 1.5 swap post(not sure what page)

please help me by asking in that section for a gba emulator update, vba sucks