PDA

View Full Version : Snes for PSP 1.50 Released

wraggster
June 16th, 2005, 17:59
Kla of PSP Wiki has released a port of Snes 9x that works on the PSP 1.50, you have to renamed the rom to rom.smc and it seems to use the Mem Card exploit.

Cant test it myself as i dont own a PSP 1.50 but you can download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snes9xpsp150.shtml

Thanks to Kla and PSP Wiki for the release.

Please post if you get it working etc

Zeno
June 16th, 2005, 18:00
Eh? The SNES9x port already out works with 1.50 and the swap trick.

kaneco
June 16th, 2005, 22:23
Do you need to use the ms1 & ms2 trick?

slayer2psp
June 16th, 2005, 23:02
this doesnt work for me it says corrupt data when i put on my memory stick

VFerg
June 17th, 2005, 00:28
This version didnt work for me neither, the only SNES emu I got to work was the Snes9X yoshihiro optimized version for 1.5 PsP. Ive also tried to UO one as well and didnt work neither. Dont know if im doing it wrong, but if one worked dont know why these other two wouldnt.

Knightjoda
June 17th, 2005, 01:49
It works but its just the .03a release of the snes9x port with the two eboot.pbp files already made for you. Nice if you dont want to do the work yourself but I didn't like the icon so I think I'll stick to making my own files with pbp unpacker.

aseddon130
June 17th, 2005, 02:00
and the point of this release is ... ???????

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 02:37
(Warning: User has a 1.51 PSP)

I loaded the SNES9X folder from the MC2 folder in the download onto my PSP, and the system read it as "corrupt data." I have not tried to put both folders into one, nor do I wish to try without counceling others for advice.

Also, given that the name of this emulator is SNES for 1.5(0), does this mean that it can run on a 1.5(+/-) without the Swap Card trick, or is the swap card trick required, thereby making the name misleading?

I have to ask, as I have been waiting far too long to have potential dissapointments arise.

Thanks for your time.

The Frenchman
June 18th, 2005, 04:50
Ok, what is the exact method to get it to work?

as of now I have a folder named Game in the PSp folder then I created an snes folder an threw both PBP files in it + one rom named rom.smc, yet it says

The Game Could Not Be Started
(80020130)

any advice?

F34R
June 18th, 2005, 05:46
one eboot.pbp file goes onto the first mem stick
the other eboot.pbp file goes on the second mem stick, along with the roms...

you'll use the first mem stick.. go to your Games menu on your psp, press X on the launcher..

as soon as the PSP logo screen comes up, you take out the first mem stic, and put in the second mem stick. The SNES9X will then load...

Chrone
June 18th, 2005, 09:16
I recommend using the UO emulator, I've tried them all and find it to be the best.

Also, this emulator is useless...we already have two that work on 1.50, you just have to use method B in the tutorial to get them working. This just creates more confusion when a person looks up info on PSP SNES emulators. Good job guys ;)

However, you dont have to go through that whole process, its a bit different. All you have to do is open the eboot.pbp that you downloaded. Then you extract it to a folder, it gives you 3 files. You rename the DATA file to eboot.pbp, and stick that on MS2. If your using UO emulator like I said, you can put the roms ANYWHERE, and theres no need to rename ANYTHING. Theres a directory browser in the program, and it will load any roms, I have about 30 on my mem card.

Oh BTW, I personally like UO version v0.02y11 better then the new 0.02y11j3. They changed it so you need to do a button combo to get to setup (L+R+Select i think it is), AND removed the ability to set individual controls for the analogue stick and D-pad (One controlled game, other controlled features like frameskip and sound). I never found myself accidently entering the menus, so I kinda hated that.

Plus theres not any noticable difference besides that, I would just get 02y11.

Mikaa
June 18th, 2005, 16:38
If I understand this right, the SNES for PSP 1.50 does NOT run strait up on a 1.50+ PSP, but needs to use the swap trick? That's not a 1.50 emulator; would you PLEASE use more care in naming these things in the future?

On a side note, is there any way to get this running without the swap trick?