PDA

View Full Version : Downgraded to 1.5v...... NOW???

bollyjack
July 10th, 2007, 02:29
Hello, new to the boards. I used the recent method to downgrade to 1.5 with the Lumines UMD, but now................. what?

Homebrewing and Emulating are all new to me.

I want to put SNES emulator on my PSP, but do i have to Homebrew it or something? I put an emulator already on there but it does seem to be working. I rather keep version 1.5 for now, unless it's a must to upgrade to some other version. I just want to put some nintendo games on there to test out my 1.5 psp. any help is appreciate

parkermauney
July 10th, 2007, 02:54
It's SO MUCH MORE awsm on 3.40 OE-A.

XMB customization, psx games, all the features of 3.4, And you can still play homebrew.

Google will help you find it.

To install homebrew, extract the folders, then take the homebrew and homebrew% folder and put them in PSP/GAME to run them.

Safari Al
July 10th, 2007, 02:56
If you need any links to homebrew just PM me :p

mike_jmg
July 10th, 2007, 02:57
Look for custom firmware 3.40 OE-A, also in here are the other necesary files

http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/10

bollyjack
July 10th, 2007, 03:50
i put the SNES homebrew on there, to be more specific the "Snes9xTYL 0.4.2me"

edit:

thanks for the help guys, i kinda got the handle on things, hope to homebrew the crap out of my psp

mike_jmg
July 10th, 2007, 04:11
If you have 3.40 OE-A, Any homebrew goes on PSP/GAME150

On 1.5 PSP/GAME

P.S. Check your inbox

bollyjack
July 11th, 2007, 02:34
ok, i think i have a handle on things. I got the DGEN sega emulator, but i can't seem to put the games on there? I put it in the "DGEN____________________________" folder under the Sub folder "ROMS" that i created myself, but it's not appearing on the PSP

parkermauney
July 11th, 2007, 02:43
First, you can rename the folders to DGEN and DGEN%

bollyjack
July 11th, 2007, 23:36
kool thanks parkermauney

Another question, what do i do to see all the pictures that i put on my psp before i downgraded?

HAMMIEZ
July 12th, 2007, 01:40
Another question, what do i do to see all the pictures that i put on my psp before i downgraded?

1.5 can't understand as many image file formats as 3.40 oe-a so i recommend you upgrade to 3.40 oe - you will only gain functionality. No loss whatsoever. You will get PS1 emu, full res videos, full homebrew support and more :D

bollyjack
July 12th, 2007, 02:33
1.5 can't understand as many image file formats as 3.40 oe-a so i recommend you upgrade to 3.40 oe - you will only gain functionality. No loss whatsoever. You will get PS1 emu, full res videos, full homebrew support and more :D

ok, but if i upgrade, will i in the future be able to downgrade to 1.5?

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 04:21
Yes. You won't want to though.

bollyjack
July 12th, 2007, 04:41
in the readme file, it states:

Get the 1.50 and 3.40 Sony updaters (of any region, because all are
currently the same), and copy them in the oeupdmaker directory with the names 150.PBP and 340.PBP.

are those updates this?
http://www.psp-hacks.com/category/36

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 05:35
Yes. Get the 1.5 and 3.4x ones.

bollyjack
July 13th, 2007, 17:58
ok, i need help with the DGEN emulator, the Sega one. I tried to put the games in the DGEN folder, that didn't work because the games didn't show up. I than put the games in the DGEN\ROMS, now the Folder "ROMS" i created. But that didn't work as well,

PLEASE HELP!!

bollyjack
July 16th, 2007, 23:59
ok, i need help with the DGEN emulator, the Sega one. I tried to put the games in the DGEN folder, that didn't work because the games didn't show up. I than put the games in the DGEN\ROMS, now the Folder "ROMS" i created. But that didn't work as well,

PLEASE HELP!!
somebody plz help me in this? what i'm a doing wrong?

HAMMIEZ
July 17th, 2007, 01:17
What format are the roms you are using?

And yes, they should go in the same folder as the main DGEN eboot (probably the DGEN folder)

bollyjack
July 17th, 2007, 23:29
What format are the roms you are using?

And yes, they should go in the same folder as the main DGEN eboot (probably the DGEN folder)
this is an example
Sonic The Hedgehog (W) (REV00) [!].gen

so, it's a .gen file. or do i put the whole zip in the folder, because i tried that, and it didn't work :(

I'm sure the answer will help alot of users that are having this problem

any help is appreciative

HAMMIEZ
July 18th, 2007, 17:33
My psp isn't handy at the moment but I'm pretty sure .gens work. For less space usage, you can zip individual .gen files (not more that one per zip).

I'll check that .gen is the correct format as soon as i can.

bollyjack
July 18th, 2007, 23:09
My psp isn't handy at the moment but I'm pretty sure .gens work. For less space usage, you can zip individual .gen files (not more that one per zip).

I'll check that .gen is the correct format as soon as i can.
thanks, i don't know why it doesn't work. could it be the kernel?

bollyjack
July 20th, 2007, 04:31
ok, i got it to work. apparently it was the file itself that the emulator didn't recognize, so i got i got some roms of the same games from another source, and they worked.

anywayz, my next question....
i have the N64 emulator, but there is no icon or anything, how do i apply one?

bollyjack
August 2nd, 2007, 00:10
ok, i got it to work. apparently it was the file itself that the emulator didn't recognize, so i got i got some roms of the same games from another source, and they worked.

anywayz, my next question....
i have the N64 emulator, but there is no icon or anything, how do i apply one?

anybody?

kjetil1991
August 2nd, 2007, 01:08
3.52m33 custom firmware is the best =)

cal360
August 2nd, 2007, 14:16
Stay away from M33 firmware it's too buggy at the moment, Kjetil1991 I wouldn'nt recommend that firmware at the moment there's many high risks involved with it. 3.40 oe is the current firmware that you should upgrade to if you want full compatibility with all homebrew as many homebrew now comes with only a 1.0 eboot which for people who have just bought a new PSP can be confused by.

bollyjack
August 3rd, 2007, 00:36
come on guys :(

can anybody answer my question? I have the N64 Emulator, but there is no icon, how do i put one?

blackrave
August 3rd, 2007, 01:06
Use PBP Unpacker (http://dl.qj.net/PBP-Unpacker-v0.94-EBOOT-Tools-Utilities-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/8808/catid/192) to modify the EBOOT and add your own icon and picture.

bollyjack
August 3rd, 2007, 02:26
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, i need a good tutorial for using PS1P emulator. I have an iso file for FF7, three iso's actually, i placed one of the iso in the __SCE__ps1p folder

It says, "the game could not be started. (8002014C)

xg917
August 3rd, 2007, 05:17
.. psx emulator is built into OE and M33 firmware. just use autopopstation4 or something like that to convert your games into eboot format.

Stay away from M33 firmware it's too buggy at the moment, Kjetil1991 I wouldn'nt recommend that firmware at the moment there's many high risks involved with it. 3.40 oe is the current firmware that you should upgrade to if you want full compatibility with all homebrew as many homebrew now comes with only a 1.0 eboot which for people who have just bought a new PSP can be confused by.

k if its too buggy. name the bugs it has.. hmm? whats that? you dont know?! well update then! its just as stable as any OE firmware, theres no problems with 3.52 M33-2.. also its easier to install ( noob friendly :) )

bollyjack
August 4th, 2007, 14:36
.. psx emulator is built into OE and M33 firmware. just use autopopstation4 or something like that to convert your games into eboot format.

k if its too buggy. name the bugs it has.. hmm? whats that? you dont know?! well update then! its just as stable as any OE firmware, theres no problems with 3.52 M33-2.. also its easier to install ( noob friendly :) )

thanks for the info. The autopopstation4, can u explain how it works? i put the isos in the same folder as the "AutoPopstation4.bat", i execute it, i type in the full name of the iso i want to use, and nothing happens??? any help is appreciate

bollyjack
August 5th, 2007, 13:19
AAWWWEESSOOMMMMEEE

I got FF7 on my PSP. Now, how do i make it fullscreen?

forthecripples
August 7th, 2007, 19:22
I have down graded to 1.50 but i am having problems installing 3.4 OE ive moved the folders in the proper spot, but it says to execute them to run the DATA.DXAR file. im not sure what exactly to do any help would be great. thanks
feel free to send me a message on AIM: joeyxstyles

Spyzius
August 7th, 2007, 20:27
if you are in 1.5 just downgload an easy instaler 3.30 oe-a (i am not sure that 3.40 oe-a easy instaler exist) open it instal it to memory stick game folder and go to psp game and press x on 3.30 oe-a instaler

forthecripples
August 7th, 2007, 20:55
i found an easy installer ran it, it worked, checked my system info and it says 3.4 OE so I htink its good to go.so now i can run emulators and shit?