PDA

View Full Version : dc generator

IUnNamedI
July 10th, 2007, 05:15
i have suscesfully burned the Snesdreams and dcgenerator emulators on to a selfburninducer disc... on question... how do i change the controler settings on the dcgenerator i dont know how many time i have reset the console with that trigger.....

Christuserloeser
July 10th, 2007, 12:25
I don't know and honestly I would recommend GenesisPlusDC:
http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/GenesisPlusDC
http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/GenesisPlusDC-How-to-burn

IUnNamedI
July 12th, 2007, 09:26
Ok good response now... i went with what you said.. i have it all set and good... succesfully created my rom list... Im using sbi when i hit the extract button using the multi menu setting it resets my rom lists...... I have tried a varitey of things... still resets my rom list if i hit extract....any ideas ... My aim is isopunchinfants
(dane cook the comedian) if any one is willing to walk me though it...

Christuserloeser
July 15th, 2007, 08:50
Read the tutorial again and follow each step. You need to extract the SBI before you add your games and edit your ROM list. ;)

nate9999
July 15th, 2007, 10:08
The easiest was I would recommend for beginners is to not mess with SBIs. They aren't that difficult, but i find it easier to learn how to use them by starting with easier methods. Download the latest version of BootDreams and then download the "plain files" of GenPlusDC (probably available here at dcemu) and not a SBI or ready-to-boot image. Put all your roms where they are supposed to go and your roms list where it is supposed to go. Throw all these files and folders in a folder, throw that folder right in your BootDreams directory, then start BootDreams. Create an "audio/data" "discjuggler image" (you wont need discjuggler, however it is a program you will likelly need for future projects) and browse to the folder you placed in the bootdreams directory and select it. Then click "process" to create your image. Leave bootdreams open, as is.

Now click the icon in BootDreams at the far right, at the top. It is "cd record". Locate and select your image you just made which should be in your bootdreams directory by default and burn it at a nice and slow 4 or 8 x speed. 4 x if it is something you plan on playing a ton. When it is done, you should have a working cd.

IUnNamedI
July 15th, 2007, 15:53
ahHAHAH wOW THANKS GUYS .... I was hitting extract everytime i wanted to make a cd... not needed thanks for the help though man... everytime i hit extract it would reset the rom list because the sbi comes with a default rom list in it... that should be removed it just makes a hassel... its just a blank notepad too... :P