PDA

View Full Version : Emulator wont load saves.

Omega12
July 10th, 2007, 17:17
Ok I'm using Lameboy on my MMD, It games are playing perfectly, ecsept for some sound but thats not that bad :p, anyway I got pretty far in one game and I decided to take a break, when I come back and boot the game up again the emulator didnt load the save file. How do I make it load the save file? and iwll save files from VBA work on Lameboy (the save file from VBA isnt for the game Im trying to paly right now).

DanTheManMS
July 10th, 2007, 19:16
After you save in-game, you must press X to send the updated save info to the "Game Name.sav" file on your card. If you don't do this, the save will be lost (as you discovered). This is also automatically done when you press L+R to enter the rom menu.

And yes, you can just copy over VBA saves and Lameboy should pick them up and use them.

Omega12
July 10th, 2007, 19:53
Alright, so I use L+R to use my saves?

Omega12
July 10th, 2007, 19:55
Its not working. I have the .sav file in there, but it wont read it.

DanTheManMS
July 10th, 2007, 20:09
No, you use X or L+R in order to finalize the save. If a save is present, Lameboy will load it automatically; you don't need to press anything to make it load the save.

If it's not loading, then it's a bug and probably can't be fixed for now. Make sure the *.sav file is the exact same name as the game and is in the same folder as the game.

EDIT: on a side note, the King Dodongo image in your sig is over a megabyte in size. You might want to remove that to be kind to dialup users.

Omega12
July 10th, 2007, 21:43
;_; alright.

Wellt hen my lameboy is screwy.

Becuase i save ingame, then hit X. When i boot up, the game only has New game.

DanTheManMS
July 10th, 2007, 23:07
Then it's probably a problem with that specific game. Have you tried other games?

Also make sure you're using the latest version 0.8