PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to wirless network

TAPION
June 16th, 2005, 18:51
I have a wireless home network. How do I connect my PSP to it? When it tries to connect it says "connection error has occured (80410D09)"

WSOUNitePirate895
June 19th, 2005, 14:46
If you have a linksys (forget the model number...) you might need to go to psp-hacker site and get the firmware for the linksys. But it is strange it should just load, make sure your Router allows Wireless B card connections. if you got a pc/laptop that connects via wireless get the IP Address and all that information to Mannual fill in on you PSP. YOU WILL get an "IP error" on your computer but you can easily just right click and select "repair" to fix that problem. Good Luck

*NOTE: Not responsible for anything that goes wrong if you need to get the firmware for the linksys*

Kpow
June 19th, 2005, 15:12
I've also heard that if the channel number on the router is set above 12, as the PSP only goes as far as that and here in the UK we use higher still. just one suggestion i heard that worked. What about WEP?

WSOUNitePirate895
June 19th, 2005, 15:26
I've also heard that if the channel number on the router is set above 12, as the PSP only goes as far as that and here in the UK we use higher still. just one suggestion i heard that worked. What about WEP?

Yes the PSP can only go upto channel 6 i believe. WEP, I would try not to go with it since it is alot more inconviniant (alot of typing on the on-screen keyboard) PSP supports it but its up to you, just make sure you know your wep key, and also for added security get your PSP's MAC address and added to your allow list on your router

Jdemon
June 21st, 2005, 21:33
Well I have a LinkSys and "ad hoc/automatic" works fine for me...don't have any online games yet but I can check for firmware updates No Problem :D not that I want to upgrade at all. :cool:

Oh and TAPION...you do have the connection "On" right? (switch on the left side) The first time I tried to connect I didn't know there was an enable button.

TAPION
June 21st, 2005, 22:02
Yes I had the connection on. Am using the Linksys WRT54G wireless router and I think it is set to wirless G only, is this the prob? I thought the PSP would support wirless G.

Kpow
June 21st, 2005, 22:42
I thought PSP was "B" could be wrong though.

Jdemon
June 22nd, 2005, 01:02
OK I've got a WRT54GS but I don't think that's the problem... the G should work. The standard is IEEE 802.11b (Wi-Fi) and that's what the PSP supports. Did you try the settings I mentioned and see if they worked? On the Bottom Left - Network Settings (x) - Ad Hoc Mode (x) - Automatic (x) Then Save your settings... hope you get it worked out.