PDA

View Full Version : Any help will be appreciated.

tigersmoking
July 10th, 2007, 21:47
I have read most of the stickies and tried searching not only this forum, but Google and I still have not found a guide for what I am about to ask. To tell the truth, I don't even know what to search... I've tried to search for PSP emulation and ultimately ended up here.

My Info: I have a U.S. Firmware version 1.5 PSP. Few years back, I was able to play old console games simply by downloading emulators and dropping them into PSP\Games folder. I have deleted those emulator files to use my Sony Memory Stick with a digital camera. Now, I miss my PSP and tried to download some new emulators. Nowadays, PSP emulation community seem to have evolved and knowing how to use SEI PSP Tool is expected. I have learned how to do that.
I can run emulated console games just fine on my PSP. However, I really want the backdrops and icon when I click on my memory stick to console emulators from my PSP.

My Question: How do I create such backdrops and icons?
Also, how do I make the other folder to not show up inside the memory card? It seems to be booting from "NAME%" folder and "NAME" folder is showing up as corrupt file.

P.S. If there is a guide I've missed, please point me to that direction. Otherwise, any help will be greatly appreciated.

parkermauney
July 10th, 2007, 22:07
You can do that with the windows app titled "PSPBrew"

You should really look into updating to 3.40 OE-A though.

tigersmoking
July 10th, 2007, 22:38
Thank you, I have downloaded PSPBrew and it sort of makes sense.

What is the advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to 3.40 OE-A? I thought, if I upgrading above 1.5 is bad for emulation.

P.S. What are some of sites which have background and icon files for download?

Thanks again.

EDIT: I believe, I have found a way to make my own background and icon files with the help of "seamonkey420.tech-recipes.com"

One question remains...
How do I make file folders to not show up in my memory card? I'm talking about the actual emulator folder that show up as "Corrupt File."

xg917
July 10th, 2007, 23:26
3.40 OE-A or any OE and SE versions are able to play emulators and homebrew because they are custom firmwares and are basicly a mix of 1.50 and 3.XX so you can do anything 1.5 can do and anything 3.XX can do. it is great. you should update. also if somehow you brick for any reason there is a menu when you start up the psp while holding the R button. in this menu you can customize things and go back to 1.5 from there.

and to get rid of the corrupt file. what you do is rename the % folder like this: %_SCE_NAME
and the non % folder like this: _SCE_NAME

but on custom firmware (3.XX OE) there is a hide corrupt option in the recovery menu in which you dont need to rename the folders to hide it.