PDA

View Full Version : 3.40Oe Upgrader is PHAILING!

Hyper-Beaner
July 12th, 2007, 02:03
Because my computer is too slow to download the 3.40Oe Upgrader correctly I instead am using the normal one. However after the "Press X to Continue"
It says opeening DXAR file. After that the PSP automatically shuts down without warning? How can this work? I followed everything.

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 02:14
What do you mean, "Download the updater correctly"?

You must have the data.dxar in the same folder as oeflasher/

acn010
July 12th, 2007, 02:16
lmao. noob..

anyways you need to download either googleing it or do it yourself yet ttakes more time doing it

Hyper-Beaner
July 12th, 2007, 02:29
Must I explain even more clearer. Ok I got the NONWINSTALLER 340OEFlasher and oeupdmaker files and put 150 and 340 to make the update come to life. But then when I ran the 3.40OeA Upgrader(After running the update maker) the PSP automatically reset itself.

Speediakal
July 12th, 2007, 02:33
did you copy the data.dxar over?

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 04:17
lol, yeah you never answered my first question.

cataphrax
July 12th, 2007, 05:42
Are you 150, and 340 eboots downloaded from a good source? Did you put the data.dxar in the oeflasher folder not the oeflasher% folder? Are you on firmware 1.5? If you answer no to any of these questions than fix it and try again.

splodger15
July 12th, 2007, 07:10
This is the exact reason noobs shouldn't get this type of stuff they never seem to look at a readme

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 07:42
So true.

Hyper-Beaner
July 12th, 2007, 15:59
Thanks PaukerMauney! I missed that part of the readme. Now I want to know how to get plugins working on the PSP.

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 18:39
Make a folder on the root of the memory stick (Where PSP, Music, Pictures, Video are, etc.) and name it seplugins.

Put the plugin in that folder. Make three files. VSH.txt, POPS.txt, and GAME.txt.

If you want to use the plugin in the xmb, open vsh.txt and type: ms0:/seplugins/nameofplugin.prx

If you want to use the plugin in umd/iso, open game.txt and type:
ms0:/seplugins/nameofplugin.prx

If you want to use the plugin in pops, open pops.txt and type:
ms0:/seplugins/nameofplugin.prx.

(Change the "nameofplugin", renaming it accordingly)

Now, shutdown your psp. (Hold the switch down until it cuts off.)
Press and hold R, and turn the psp on. The menu that comes up is called the recovery. Find the option titled "plugins" and choose it.
Your plugins are in there, and what you can enable them for. (Game, Vsh, Pops)
Choose it to enable, choose it again to disable.

Tell me if you didn't get it all.

Speediakal
July 12th, 2007, 19:34
what are some good plugins for 3.40 OE-A?

parkermauney
July 12th, 2007, 20:03
Screenshot, vshinfo, and cwcheat.

Screenshot, needs no explanation.
VSHInfo tells you your battery life when you press home in the vsh, great for the web browser.
CWCheat is an awesome cheat device with a preinstalled cheatdb, a must have.

Speediakal
July 16th, 2007, 02:49
what does the Dump function, USB and remaPSP do in CWCheat while playing a game?

also, whats the name of the program that lets you view your PSP on your PC?

where can i find the Screenshot plugin?