PDA

View Full Version : Sega Saturn Memory Issue

wolfpack
July 12th, 2007, 03:24
ive had my sega saturn fkr a while now and its not memorizing anything, not even the time, every time i turn on the console it goes back to the main setup menu when you turn on the console for the first time. anyone have any ideas to help?

JKKDARK
July 12th, 2007, 03:29
Change the battery, it's in the back of the console.

wolfpack
July 12th, 2007, 20:31
what kind of battery would i need, i have a model 1 sega saturn (if that helps any)
also how would i change the battery? giving me the type of battery and maybe a tutorial would help. thanks.

Edit: nevermind, i figured it out and got the battery replaced, but i am wondering, does the swap trick work with CD-RW's? because i was trying to get that return fire game to play on the saturn but it doesnt work because it wont spin the disc, but it spins the saturn discs, so would i need to put it on a CD-R instead?

VampDude
July 14th, 2007, 05:47
You need a CR 2032, it's a small round/flat lithium battery

EDIT: Oh you edited the day you posted, I didn't see that :(

wolfpack
July 14th, 2007, 20:02
You need a CR 2032, it's a small round/flat lithium battery

EDIT: Oh you edited the day you posted, I didn't see that :(

yea, i seen that return fire game on here and i wanted to give it a try. i got it working. too bad CD-RW's dont work on it though. oh well. im glad i have a saturn though, i love the classics. got the swap trick to work on my second try. that was fun.

VampDude
July 14th, 2007, 21:57
yea, i seen that return fire game on here and i wanted to give it a try. i got it working. too bad CD-RW's dont work on it though. oh well. im glad i have a saturn though, i love the classics. got the swap trick to work on my second try. that was fun.

I buy supermarket branded CD-RW's, they do me good for just about everything...

...A pity I haven't tried them out on Saturn thou, cause I'm currently un-modded until I have the courage to try again on my newer Saturn (I accidently set fire to the last one)

wolfpack
July 15th, 2007, 04:10
I buy supermarket branded CD-RW's, they do me good for just about everything...

...A pity I haven't tried them out on Saturn thou, cause I'm currently un-modded until I have the courage to try again on my newer Saturn (I accidently set fire to the last one)

mine isnt modded either. i just learned the swap trick so thats what ive been doin. i had my gf come over and she watched me play duke nukem 3d. that was fun. but if you want to burn a saturn game on a cd, it HAS to be on a CD-R. i found that out the hard way. for some reason the saturn wont read the CD-RW's. i dont see a difference of why it wouldnt read it, but it just didnt. thought id let you know about that one though just in case if you didnt know. but anyways dont burn your saturn!... how did you set fire to the last saturn anyways??